Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nayeli0016

Aristocracy
City
Manila
Country
Philippines
Hi, I heard that Prince Andrea is going to visit Manila, Philippines this August, does anyone have an idea on what the exact date is? Thanks!

oh wow. andrea is going to the philipines? he's really getting involved in his mother's charities. i'm so proud of him.

Last edited:
There was one article at a local newspaper here in the Philippines. It didn't say much except that the visit will be for AMADE and sometime this month. Plus some tidbits on Andrea. Will post any pics or articles.... or any Andrea sightings if we get lucky! I'm sure there will be some coverage on his visit.

Last edited:
oh, please post your pics monica17! i hope you manage to take a snap or two :)

so is andrea going to manila alone without his mother?

The exact dates have not been announced for Andrea's visit to Manila but it is said to be within the month. It also seems that he will be traveling alone, without Princess Caroline. I'm sure he will have security and also maybe someone to attend to him while he's here. I will check with contacts in the NGO network here and see if there are any more info. Sure, will post any links, articles and pics of Andrea's visit.:)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long Andreas will be in Manila? :ermm:

monica17 said:
The exact dates have not been announced for Andrea's visit to Manila but it is said to be within the month. It also seems that he will be traveling alone, without Princess Caroline. I'm sure he will have security and also maybe someone to attend to him while he's here. I will check with contacts in the NGO network here and see if there are any more info. Sure, will post any links, articles and pics of Andrea's visit.:)

what's NGO network?

royalty_101_ said:
what's NGO network?

Well, AMADE supports the Virlanie Foundation here; it was founded by a French man who chose to live in the Philippines. Princess Caroline graced a fundraising event for it 2 years ago, among other things. The non-governmental organizations (NGOs)/foundations here are familiar with each other's work and also work together due to limited resources... we call the NGOs/foundations collectively as the NGO network. I checked Virlanie Foundation's website and there was nothing at all on Andrea's visit. But I'm sure there will be some press coverage.

Any info on when he's coming to Manila would be greatly appreciated. Thanks monica. :)

Monaco’s prince comes to Manila to visit mom’s charity work.

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, the son of Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco and was once named one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People, will be arriving in Manila this August to visit the charity work of his mother for Amade-Virlanie Foundation, a socio-civic organization dedicated to providing shelter and guidance to abused children....

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=goodLife06_aug19_2006

RADKER18 said:

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, the son of Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco and was once named one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People, will be arriving in Manila this August to visit the charity work of his mother for Amade-Virlanie Foundation, a socio-civic organization dedicated to providing shelter and guidance to abused children....

Well, this is very cool - hope to hear more about it and see pictures.

According to the news reports, Andrea Casiraghi is scheduled to arrive today, August 20, 2006 in Manila, Philippines to visit his mother, Princess Caroline's charity works for Amade Philippines and Virlanie Foundation...

AMADE ( Association Mondiale des Amis de'l Enfrance or World Association of Children's Friends) was founded in 1963 by Andrea's grandmother, the late Princess Grace of Monaco..

Casiraghi is also scheduled to meet LAW students from the University of The Philippines and to participate in a Youth Forum at the prestige Ateneo de Manila University..

His week-long visit will be highlighted by a major gathering dubbed as " Royal Chill Out" at the Nuovo and Mezze restaurants in Greenbelt 2, Makati City on Aug. 25 where guests will be given Virlanie-Beloved-cuffs..

Last edited:
Is this Royal Chill Out thingy open to the public?
Thanks for the info!

Not sure. The article mentioned something about guests, so I guess you need an invitation.

I'll be so mad if people like Tim Yap attend. They don't deserve it.

nayeli0016 said:
LOL Tim Yap attend such event? Oh puh-leez

hhhmmm yeah..Its possible that he would attend and so are the other elite sociallites...

gahd! he's already in the phil? when is the youth forum in admu???

i am proud of andrea!!.. i truly hope he continues to do this in the future...now i hope people will stop talking that he does nothing except going to parties and expensive holidays!

Are there any updates on Prince Andrea's visit? Like in the news or something?

RADKER18 said:

Thanks, Radker! The same article appeared at the Philippine Star last August 13.

Thanks for the updates; I wasn't able to get any info from Virlanie Foundation. I guess they wanted to keep the details under wraps before his arrival. :rolleyes:

Mahoogie said:
hhhmmm yeah..Its possible that he would attend and so are the other elite sociallites...
OMG, Mahoogie..... in his (Tim Yap's) dreams, but then it wouldn't surprise me! But Tim Yap isn't a socialite at all! He just wants to seem like one. :lol: I couldn't for the life of me understand why he got to be a lifestyle writer/editor. And how he gets himself featured in the social scene. Puh-leeze! I hope he doesn't give Andrea the shock of his life! I mean, he (TY) isn't exactly classy yet he seems to think so?!:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Laif

Andrea Casiraghi visit the RAC (Reception and Action Center) in Manilla. The RAC is a temporary place which exist since 1992.
Andrea Casiraghi visit a jail( theMYRC Manilla Youth Reception Center in Manilla). The MYRC is a jail for young people in front of the RAC. 08/21/2006.
81625399dm5.jpg
81625414yd6.jpg

81625415ge4.jpg

Last edited:
monica17 said:
OMG, Mahoogie..... in his (Tim Yap's) dreams, but then it wouldn't surprise me! But Tim Yap isn't a socialite at all! He just wants to seem like one. :lol: I couldn't for the life of me understand why he got to be a lifestyle writer/editor. And how he gets himself featured in the social scene. Puh-leeze! I hope he doesn't give Andrea the shock of his life! I mean, he (TY) isn't exactly classy yet he seems to think so?!:ohmy:
You mean he's a fake elite?,maybe he's a cousin of James Yap-lol.:lol: ...Back to Andrea, are there any reports on the exact time of the Royal Chill out in Nuvo at Greenbelt?..I dont have an invitation but I would like to drop by and hope to get a glimpse of a Monaco Royal even if I'm outside the restaurant,lol.:flowers: ..

Guys, thanks for the photos!!..I want to post photos of Andrea but I dont know how to use this image hosting thing...Anyways, its really nice to see Andrea doing all these humanitarian works...He's taking steps to become a grown-up and responsible royal...I think his mom, Princess Caroline, is really proud of him....I am dreaming of Andrea being the Prince of Monaco someday...He's the third in line to the throne of Monaco while his Uncle Albert has no legitimate child..

How tall is Andrea?..The people on the photos looked dwarfs beside him..:flowers:..I notice that he rarely smiled on photos..He is just like that;) ..He has also a strong resemblance to sister Charlotte on those pics..

Last edited by a moderator:
no prince

monica17 said:
Thanks, Radker! The same article appeared at the Philippine Star last August 13.

Thanks for the updates; I wasn't able to get any info from Virlanie Foundation. I guess they wanted to keep the details under wraps before his arrival. :rolleyes:

I think it´s rather funny that Caroline´s (Casiraghi-)children are often called
"Princes"; they are in fact commoners, because their father was.
There is no one such a "Prince Andrea of Monaco". He is Andrea Casiraghi
and that´s why he uses his family name.
The only royal child in Monaco right now is Princess Alexandra of Hanover!
But of course it would be nice, if Prince Albert would create his nephew
a Prince to become his successor one day if he has no (legitimate) children of his own.

Laif

Andrea Casiraghi meet the daughter of Phiippines president Lolly Arroyo at the Malacanang Palace .
257oghv.jpg
257ogwo.jpg
257oher.jpg

Last edited:
wow, they have a young president!

I love the photos of him with the kids. I'm so happy he is doing this!

christinacg said:
I love the photos of him with the kids. I'm so happy he is doing this!

I second that, I'm SO glad he's doing this as well. And the photos of him with the children are fantastic. Caroline must be proud!

Ani

^ i 3rd that...i'm just over the moon that he's there inplace of his mother but
i hope we're not going to see just pictures of him poseing with disadvantage youth and dignitaries. i would like to hear him actually say something about why he's there and maybe give advice to the youth on how to make better thier situation, which is why i can't wait for his meeting with the collage students to begin, hopefully there will be a video camera allowed to tape everything. to hear him speak about the problem in manila and give his two cents will show how much thought he has put into the cause, and show how much he's grown and matured from a boy to a man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom