The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

It's so good after returning from holidays (as Nina & assia ) to see Andrea on charity mission, "waking up" public awareness on very important issues!

Thanx on informative posts and great pics, monica17 & mabelle!

Old 08-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great job Andrea :)

Old 08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby
mabelle, mwah. salamat.
haha, i think my friend and i were the only ones who bothered to take pictures of tatiana. really, will post one of these days.
Do post your pics of Tatiana, moby! I wanted to get some, but couldn't get near enough (although I was seated 4-5 rows behind her). I had to point out to some of the girls there that Andrea has a girlfriend, the girl wearing black in the front row.

You're welcome everyone ; glad you like our contributions.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

Here's another article from about Andrea's visit. the page has a photo but the newspaper also has another pic. if the mods will allow it, i'll post the other photo.

No parties for this royalty
http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerhea...ticle_id=17439

UPON his arrival in Manila, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi of Monaco was deluged with invitations to parties and social engagements, but the handsome prince politely declined most of them.

One of the world’s most eligible bachelors would much rather spend his time with the boys and girls of Payatas, Quezon City.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 AM
Nobility

thanks RhapsodyBrat for the link..
Old 08-29-2006, 02:57 AM

andrea visited manila!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:18 AM

no prob :)
unfortunately there were no pictures of tatiana; they didn't know who that person sitting in the front row was.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The newest issue of Point De Vue has an article about this event
images from www.pointdevue.fr
Old 08-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Commoner

I was so happy to read this story. I am so glad that Caroline brought her children up right and that they didn't end up like spoiled euro trash socialites. It is so awesome to see people especially young people with the power to effect change attempting to make a difference in this world.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Gentry

What surprises me and impresses me at the same time is that Andrea declined invitations for social events. Such a contrast to Prince Harry!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
What surprises me and impresses me at the same time is that Andrea declined invitations for social events. Such a contrast to Prince Harry!
I agree - he recognizes that he is there to do a job, not party. We all know he likes to party, but this is a trip he's making for his Mother and the Principality - he recognizes that he cannot cause embarrassment and shame for AMADE, his Mother, or himself. He can always find a party on his own time.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I really liked the fact that he went there with Tatiana for two reasons:

1. He's really committed to her and feels like he can share all the stuff that happens in his life
2. Tatiana belongs to one of the wealthiest families of South America (and maybe the world), so she can really help with the charities, both with money and in the South American society

This trip was very nice and I think Andrea should continue to do so, the publicity would be very good for those causes
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Here are several articles AMADE.org has published on it's website

Philippines Daily Inquirer

The Daily Tribune

The Philippines Star

VSD

Point de Vue

All in pdf format....

Andrea gave an interview to Ponit de Vue, perhaps someone can translate it?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Great pictures and articles about Andrea's visit to the Philippines on behalf of AMADE. It puts him in a new light, not just a handsome socialite. I love that he took Tatiana with him and I think it was appropriate. She fit right in and seemed comfortable among these children and in this environment. I truly wish they are the future sovereign prince and princess of Monaco. If Albert never marries and doesn't try to put his illegitimate daughter on the throne it might happen.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Gentry

Andrea looks fake.

In my opinion about his visit to the Philippines,
- I think he looks fake.
- He goes without his mother (P. Caroline), but he goes with his girlfriend!!!!!!

I think it is not a good idea to take his girlfriend with him. He can go with P. Caroline, or any of his siblings. But not girlfriend.

The charity is made by P. Caroline for P. Grace who represents Monaco. Unless Andrea already got married with Titania! She goes with her husband (Andrea).
Old 08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Andrea did a great job and he hardly looks fake. And hopefully in a little while Tatiana will be going with her "husband" the next time around.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Hello we're not in the 17th century anymore! What's all this **** that Andrea can't go alone! What his mommy needs to hold his hand by the time he's 30? And what about Tatiana? The girl can't go somewhere with a guy unless she's married!
IMO if more people paid attention to this kind of charity work and trips in a way that the needs of those people and improving their lives gets in the spotlight, maybe the effect would be greater. Instead you will allways have people who will find something wrong even about things when who you are, how you dress and who you go out with is not the point, but it is about helping others in whatever way!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Serene Highness

cro_girl has some good points there, sriwadee. for one, he is representing his mother. he is also old enough to go on his own and i think it's a great gesture for him to bring Tatiana with him, not to frolic and have fun, but to work. and it's also a great gesture from Tatiana too, knowing that the places they'll go may be the worst she's been to.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:05 AM

It is also possible that Tatiana was there because she is involved in the charity herself, perhaps for an internship or maybe just as a volunteer. Obviously, being Andrea's girlfriend would be what got her to be involved in the first place, but since Andrea has decided to involve himself as a patron, it's very possible Tatiana took an interest. In such a case, Tatiana would be there in Manila to "work" or to see the work being done just like Andrea or any other foreign student, patron, or volunteer.

Question for anyone who attended the speech at Ateneo de Manila University:

What did Andrea sound like? Accent, dialect? Was the speech in English?
Old 09-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Question for anyone who attended the speech at Ateneo de Manila University:

What did Andrea sound like? Accent, dialect? Was the speech in English?
Well, what I've read from Monica17's post was that Andrea had an American accent on the first part of speech, however as the speech goes on, he sounded nervous and he started speaking on a French accent...You can read the whole of Andrea's speech on previous postings of this thread..