Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like yesterday that he was just here in the Philippines. I just wish he could have stayed longer.

christinacg said:
I love his voice! I think his accent sounds American/French. He seemed very sweet in the video. Thanks for posting.
Actually, I think he's got this french canadian speaking english type of accent....

What a nice video, my opinion about his accent is American/French and for a french speaking person very good accent, but not Italian, I am from Scandinavia, living in Italy for 20 years, he doesn't have any Italian accent in his voice for my experience

^for me i do detect a bit of italian accent from him, i mean with certain words he rolls his toung like italians do when they speak. and then you add the english/french sound too..
with andrea you get the best of european swoon worthy accents all in one..it's perfect

What a loverly voice he has! The accent is pretty mixed, isn't it? A bit American, a bit British, then French and maybe others, I don't know, shall we just call it Andrea's accent, it is so unique to him. I loved it completely.

Oh, dear, that man is ticking my boxes one after the other. I used to selfishly hope that he is just that kind of rich boy, partying around, doesn't do much, so that I can like him less. But now he is doing all those lovely work, beaming with shiny smile when with those children, showing his genuine concern. He is so real, no more just a pretty image on the pages of Hello, but with flesh, with blood, with temperature, and with such a lovely, warm and red heart. I can't stop adoring him. Tati is so lucky!!!!!

I hear you! Goodness, it's such a remarkable thing isn't it? A prince like him who isn't just good looking but also seems like a sympathetic and sentimental person as well . Almost too good to be true right? *sigh*

nayeli0016 said:
I hear you! Goodness, it's such a remarkable thing isn't it? A prince like him who isn't just good looking but also seems like a sympathetic and sentimental person as well . Almost too good to be true right? *sigh*

God knows how many sighs I have to make when thinking about him. He's got a package of almost impossible. As you put it, wealth, social hierarchy, extremely good looking, then a tender heart, and the value of life. What can you ask for more. I could only pray for the next life, I guess, if there was a one.:sad:

andrea said caro said if you have a volcano to put out and you only have a one glass of water use that to put it out? what does she mean? does she mean she's going to give away her 100's of millions of dollars to save starving or diseased people from death? i would feel like a fool if i was super rich and made statements like that.

hsieh said:
andrea said caro said if you have a volcano to put out and you only have a one glass of water use that to put it out? what does she mean? does she mean she's going to give away her 100's of millions of dollars to save starving or diseased people from death? i would feel like a fool if i was super rich and made statements like that.

I think what Caroline wanted to convey was that no matter how few resources one has, that small amount/few resources can still help and make a difference, even if the problem is gigantic. But I have no idea how much money Caroline gives to charity, in addition to the free work she does for UNICEF and other organizations. I don't think the amount has ever been published. Anyone?

Last edited:
hsieh said:
Her remark comes from an old story about a young boy who had only one glass of water to put out a fire. As the story goes on, others noticed the young boy in his ostensibly futile effort, and took their glasses of water to put out the fire. It's a plea for more involvement. Her riches are insufficient to cover the cost of the needs Caroline addresses.

Dave

She's not the one who should solve the poverty problems,but the governments.

A nice article and many beautiful pictures:

Mr Andrea Casiraghi's humanitarian trip to the Philippines
21-26 august 2006

The son of our President, HRH The Princess of Hanover, has made an humanitarian journey to the Philippines in order to raise public awareness about the many dangers threatening the childhood of the country: imprisoned children, street children, or children contamined by toxic wastes coming from former US military bases..

http://www.amade-mondiale.org/news/andrea_casiraghi_aux_philippines_13.html

"Soon after the Gulf War ended, the US armies left this position behind and buried tons of polluting substances. Years later, these toxic wastes contamined the land and water, and keep poisoning and killing hundreds of thousands children and their families."

I'm a US citizen but I'm glad they weren't afraid to say this on the website!

tbhrc said:
A nice article and many beautiful pictures:

Mr Andrea Casiraghi's humanitarian trip to the Philippines
21-26 august 2006

The son of our President, HRH The Princess of Hanover, has made an humanitarian journey to the Philippines in order to raise public awareness about the many dangers threatening the childhood of the country: imprisoned children, street children, or children contamined by toxic wastes coming from former US military bases..

http://www.amade-mondiale.org/news/andrea_casiraghi_aux_philippines_13.html

That article and those pictures gave me a more postitve perspective of Andrea. I'm phillipino, but I've never been to the phillipines and it's so sad to see what's happening there!! I respect Andrea a little more after reading it!

britty1 said:
That article and those pictures gave me a more postitve perspective of Andrea. I'm phillipino, but I've never been to the phillipines and it's so sad to see what's happening there!! I respect Andrea a little more after reading it!

it's spelled Filipino.:flowers: ;) welcome to the forums britty1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom