The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
wow, Monica, you are so lucky! how i wish i was really able to go there and listen to him.

and i liked that part when he said there was nothing to laugh about the situation in Payatas. he earns my respect with that! in a way it's embarassing on our part, because it shows how little we care for the situation. it had to take someone from Monaco to teach the seriousness of the problem right to our faces.

bravo Andrea!

Yes, I was embarassed, too. I kind of found it funny - not the situation but how he phrased it (the place). I didn't even know it went back to being a huge mountain of garbage again- I thought it wasn't like that anymore after the 2000 landslide of garbage there! But then, I have never been there!

Andrea scored 1,000 good boy points with me by saying that.... and for saying that we (audience) should be the ones asking ourselves questions. I'm properly ashamed of myself for not caring enough.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

Monica, you attending that forum - I have to say that you are one lucky girl. I saw him speaking on the news, there was some signs of him being a little nervous but he does seem sincere in what he's doing. Although I don't know why I still could see some sort of sadness in his eyes, not yet mentioning how thin he looks now! I haven't really seen a lot of his pictures, but I personally think he looks thinner now compared to the previous times I've seen him in photos.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
Monica, you attending that forum - I have to say that you are one lucky girl. I saw him speaking on the news, there was some signs of him being a little nervous but he does seem sincere in what he's doing. Although I don't know why I still could see some sort of sadness in his eyes, not yet mentioning how thin he looks now! I haven't really seen a lot of his pictures, but I personally think he looks thinner now compared to the previous times I've seen him in photos.
Yes, it was lucky that I was able to get away from work. But back to Andrea, yes, I'd say he looks thinner now, from his other pics, I mean. They say that the camera adds 10 lbs. I mean, I also saw Tatiana up close and she looks the same, weight-wise (but prettier), from what I know of her in pictures.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Laif

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi and his girlfriend Tatiana Santo Domingo visit the RAC (Reception and Action Center), temporary detention center opened in 1992 and the MYRC (Manila Youth Reception Center), a jail for minors located opposite the RAC here, at the MYRC., 08/25/2006.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Talking Ateneo forum

Here are my pics from the Ateneo event. Sorry they are not so good...

His voice was a little shaky at first... he seemed nervous.

Oh, Tati was also there.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Gentry

Wow, I am truly impressed with Andrea. He seemed to me like a person who wouldn't get his hands dirty but he seemed really serious about it. And to include Tatiana in his charity work. I'm quite speechless. But he's doing a great job.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Monica, I hope you'll forgive me for losing touch but...where in the room were you? I was there too! Okay more in PM...

Anyway, I still CANNOT believe I have seen Andrea Casiraghi in person! The guy is just so gorgeous for words, just really, really beautiful--put him in tights and give him a scabbard and he'd be perfect in the role of a little girl's fairy tale prince--perfect skin, wonderful jawline, and as the cliche goes...pictures do not do him justice at all (he seemed taller too, makes me wonder how tall Pierre really is). Tatiana looked way prettier in person, but the simple, girl-next-door type of pretty, and a lot more...lighter-colored, I guess, as her pics make her look.

Anyhow about Andrea, it's quite amazing how he stll looks like the Andrea in his baby pictures, I used to wonder how one's looks could change so much over the years but I guess one just cannot trust pictures. One thing that struck me about him was his intensity. I used to think that he was this easy-going, surfer dude type of guy but then you hear him speak about his cause, and wow, he is just sooo passionate about it and so serious that I just can't help wondering how lucky Tatiana is that she ended up with all that lovely package. He seems like a no-nonsense kind of guy, especally for one so young, and he didn't react at all to the flattery heaped on him when he was introduced. He certainly seems like someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

About the speech, he started out shaky and with an American accent but later on got more intense with his French accent seeping through. Monica already posted about the gist of his speech, but here are some of his words I liked (maybe not word-for-word quotations but faithful still, I swear)...

"It is really easy to help children."

and one that's fast-becoming a favorite:

"My mother always said that if you want to stop a volcano with a glass of water, then go ahead and do it." (or something like that...)

Anyway, will post some crappy pictures taken with a shaky hand tomorrow...

Btw, I think it's a nice touch that AMADE chose Andrea (or however it happened that he came to the Philippines) to come here, I think they wanted to approach the youth and make them more socially aware. Sending Andrea off did the job quite well, in my opinion.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Thanks guys for your input about the youth forum!!.I enjoyed reading it.Its sooo cool you've seen Andrea on his visit in Manila...I wished I was there to witness at least one of Andrea's activities, but my work didnt permit me to.The Grimaldis are my favorites..Anyways, I am delighted to read your stories related to the visit..keep it up Guys!!..keep on posting...

Old 08-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi: A royal encounter

"There's no such thing as a perfect world. But if you can help the poor even in a simple way—that’s a perfect world."

It’s not a missionary or a social worker speaking, but a true blue royal—the son of Monaco’s Princess Caroline, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi. At 22, the athletic, French-schooled teen pinup favorite is possibly the youngest royal active in humanitarian missions today.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=48510

The Prince goes to Payatas

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN isn’t exactly the venue I had in mind when one says, "You will have lunch with the prince."
But once upon this time in Payatas, Prince Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, son of Her Serene Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco paid a visit to Manila.

http://showbizandstyle.inq7.net/you/...ticle_id=17258
Old 08-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Courtier

i saw all the pics of him and tatiana at the RAc, i guess that's why they didn't make it to the UP forum, which was a shame, I think he definitely looked a lot more at ease and happy mingling with the people at the RAC than he did at ATeneo where he didn't look at all happy to be there.
I can now forgive him for not going to UP :), i just hope he didn't get intimidated by the thought of addressing UP law students as well as a few of the best lawyers in the country regarding children in armed conflict. I was there and the speakers made it sound a bit like a courtroom!
Oh and I think Andrea should just be given the title "Prince" to end the whole confusion when he does things like this! *wink wink*

Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 AM
Commoner

that is another part of him. helping children !!! that's gorgeous.
I love him best. lol
btw,thank you for sharing pics and infomations.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby
i saw all the pics of him and tatiana at the RAc, i guess that's why they didn't make it to the UP forum, which was a shame, I think he definitely looked a lot more at ease and happy mingling with the people at the RAC than he did at ATeneo where he didn't look at all happy to be there.
I can now forgive him for not going to UP :), i just hope he didn't get intimidated by the thought of addressing UP law students as well as a few of the best lawyers in the country regarding children in armed conflict. I was there and the speakers made it sound a bit like a courtroom!
Oh and I think Andrea should just be given the title "Prince" to end the whole confusion when he does things like this! *wink wink*
He didn't make it to the forum at U.P.?! Gosh, good thing that I didn't even try to be there...... But how weird, they were in Manila at the RAC and were also scheduled to be at U.P. in the same morning... those places are far from each other. The organizers must have either double-booked him or were just too optimistic about the traffic situation. Yes, he didn't look too happy being at the Ateneo; I thought it was just me. I mean, he left so abruptly, too.

I hope to post his speech by tomorrow or latest Monday.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Courtier

wow! i'm really jealous that some of you have seen Andrea. I just saw the news and was surprised that he was here in Manila.. too late for me..now, the million dollar question is ...when is he coming back here in Manila? I'm quite surprised that Tati was with him.. it looks like their really serious about their relationship..
Old 08-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
He didn't make it to the forum at U.P.?! Gosh, good thing that I didn't even try to be there...... But how weird, they were in Manila at the RAC and were also scheduled to be at U.P. in the same morning... those places are far from each other. The organizers must have either double-booked him or were just too optimistic about the traffic situation. Yes, he didn't look too happy being at the Ateneo; I thought it was just me. I mean, he left so abruptly, too.

I hope to post his speech by tomorrow or latest Monday.
I wonder why he seemed unhappy at the Ateneo, especially when you compare it to the pics from Payatas and RAC. Oh but the worst thing was that at one point, at the beginning, he and M. Lemay turned to our direction, AND SMILED! I HAVE A PICTURE BUT IT'S BLURRY, huhuhu. That was the only time he seemed to have smiled willingly for the cameras, and these shaking hands of mine totally messed up everything!

no, he didn't make it to UP, and it turns out he cancelled the night before, which was really a shame. some bigwigs were waiting for him there as well as some foreign nationals, representatives of some NGOs, probably. i went but it wasn't a total loss, the topic was quite interesting.

a friend took a picture of the streamer from the event, it was a bit funny because they addressed Andrea as "Sir"-- Sir Andrea Albert Pierre Casiraghi, Guest Speaker. One day he's a prince, the next he's a knight.

by the way, i'm excited to see Laif's photos from the Ateneo event, a friend and I are probably going to be in some photos,. We were about 10-12 feet from him, about 7 from Tatiana. Oh and we took some pictures of his scary-looking bodyguards as well. At one point, one of them saw us taking pictures of them and turned to us, he really was scary...but then he looked like he was striking a pose! I promise to post pictures when I have enough time.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
Wow, I am truly impressed with Andrea. He seemed to me like a person who wouldn't get his hands dirty but he seemed really serious about it. And to include Tatiana in his charity work. I'm quite speechless. But he's doing a great job.
I agree. I am happy we can see Andrea in action. He seems a better person for me now.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

something really serious going on with them.. andrea did a great job... when he will be leaving?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Laif

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi and his girl friend Tatiana Santo Domingo visit Clark (The American air force miltary base was contamined by the American ). A lot of children are sick with the water... , 08/26/2006.

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi meet students at the university of Ataneo in Manille. Dominique Lemay of Virlanie Fondation, 08/25/2006
Old 08-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Nobility

From the photo,I like Tatiana's outfit, I think its really hip and sexy but it looks like she's going to a party or meet her friends somewhere else,lol...well, that is Tatiana's choice though..I'm just used seeing Princess Diana, Angelina Jolie or other personalities wearing simple t-shirt, jeans or formal wear when they are in the field reaching out to children and poor people..

Old 08-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Nobility

He probably bought her along for comapany and because he is not a prince was allowed to do do. Just my opinion but he looks better with his hair pulled back.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Courtier

It’s not a missionary or a social worker speaking, but a true blue royal—the son of Monaco’s Princess Caroline, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi. At 22, the athletic, French-schooled teen pinup favorite is possibly the youngest royal active in humanitarian missions today.

The Prince goes to Payatas

Just to be correct: as I tried to explain earlier on this thread, Andrea Casiraghi is neither royal nor a prince!
As we all know, his mother Princess Caroline married a Commoner,
Stefano Cairaghi - so his 3 children are all commoners as well.

Anyway, Anrea is doing a fantastic job and he earns my respect.
I always liked him, but I do even more now.
The pics on this thread are just incredible! Thanks for that!