Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
louisgarrel said:
^ yeah, my thoughts exactly, it is a turn on seeing andrea like this.
i wonder what he does in manila on his down time... does anyone know where he is staying

My guess is that he is staying either in the Presidential suite of The Makati Shangrila Hotel or The Manila Peninsula.These hotels are located at the heart of the financial and posh district of Manila, which is Ayala Avenue, Makati City..The headquarters of Virlanie is just located in Makati City and the " Royal Chill Out" party would be held in Makati also, so there's a big probability that Andrea is staying either in these two hotels,and these hotels are A-listers, the usual choice for the upper class and diplomats.The Manila Peninsula is a favorite choice for housing royal and foreign dignitaries visiting Manila...King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain, ex-US Secretary of State Colin Powell, etc. stayed at the Manila Peninsula...However, it was in Makati Shangrila where Princess Caroline launched a fundraising gala in 2004..Probably she stayed there and so is Andrea right now..but he could be staying at The Manila Hotel-its the most famous hotel in the Philippines because of its rich history, prestige and glamour..but its quite outdated and not as glamorous as before and far from Virlanie, so my bet would be Makati City hotels- such as Manila Peninsula or Makati Shangrila.. BTW,these hotels are almost adjacent and a block away from each other..

Last edited:
Andrea is indeed staying at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. He's with the Virlanie Foundation people today at the hotel. It's been going on since this morning, I think. I wonder if he has a down time, like louisgarrel mentioned .... it seems that his schedule is fully-packed. Tomorrow, he will be up very early (probably as early as 6:00 am as his hotel and the venue of first event is quite far from each other, not counting Manila's horrendous traffic jams) and will end the day/night partying....

Update:

Forum at University of the Philippines (U.P.)- "Children in Armed Conflict", Aug. 25 at 8.30 a.m. to 12:45 pm, Balay Kalinaw, U.P. Diliman campus. I heard many people will attend this. :D Unfortunately, I think I can only make it to the forum at the Ateneo de Manila University... if my work schedule doesn't change.

Last edited:
AFP/Getty

Manila, PHILIPPINES: Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, the 22-year-old son of Princess Caroline of Monaco, is pictured during a news conference in Manila, 24 August 2006. Casiraghi visited a detention center for youth as part of his philantrophic work for the AMADE Mondiale foundation -- his mother's foundation that seeks to promote and protect children's rights.

71707849bx5.jpg
71707853ik8.jpg

Thanks, tbhrc..... very good photos of Andrea; the press conference must have been done at the hotel where Andrea's staying then.

Last edited:
Andrea looks really great. He is doing a nice job!

Laif
Andrea Casiraghi gives a press conference on his first humanitarian engagement in the Philippines

81628589gn3.jpg
81628595zj0.jpg
81628596co5.jpg
81628597mq3.jpg

Andrea Casiraghi in the streets of Manilly wearing a shirt initials SC. His father's initials? One of his father's monogrammed shirts?

81628602op0.jpg
81628603tv4.jpg

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Reuters via Yahoo

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, son of Princess Caroline of Hanover, talks to a journalist during a news conference in Manila August 24, 2006. Casiraghi was on a week-long visit to the Philippines to tour shelters and foster homes, for neglected and abused children, funded by his mother's charity, the Amade Foundation and Virlanie Foundation. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco (PHILIPPINES)

r197781641nq1.jpg
r1175507232ol4.jpg
r1728529853po1.jpg

Is that his girlfriend? He took her on a business trip??
And she, to my eye, is not pretty at all. but then again, and I'm sure I will get blasted for this comment, HE is too pretty for a guy. He has very feminine features, not at all masculine.
But then again, I like the manly, man cowboy looking kinda guy.

nooooo, he brought tati on a official business trip...it must be a serious between them . i thought royals usually keep there relationship out of matters like this...but anyhoo, i guess she looks nice,

i knew he would bring her, i mean, this is a week long trip so i thought she would keep him company but to put her out there front and center......

Last edited:
He should take her to Boracay or Amanpulo. BTW, I caught him on the news last night ( we get The Filipino Channel here in the States), and I thought he had an American accent, wouldn't you think?

tbhrc said:
Visiting young royal sparks battle royale

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT Meryl Streep’s wicked Miranda Priestley in “The Devil Wears Prada” would become the talk of the town, the high-society buzz has shifted to the battle royale over royalty between two prominent, lovely, and occasionally “wicked” matrons.

http://showbizandstyle.inq7.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php?article_id=17082

Thanks, tbhrc! What news to start the morning! I think this visit of Andrea is a private one, not a state visit - he's not even a state official or royalty like his mother - and specifically for Virlanie projects, so what the heck is the other socialite whining about and bringing in our Department of Foreign Affairs into the scene? :mad: Is there nothing else to report about this visit that this fight of socialites here had to be featured - the writer, editor and publisher should be ashamed!

Oooh, Tatiana is with Andrea. Hope she's enjoying the stay, too.

Last edited:
How's the weather over there? It's typhoon season, isn't it?

planetcher said:
How's the weather over there? It's typhoon season, isn't it?

Yes, it's the typhoon season. It's been raining in Manila almost everyday for 2 months now- with nasty winds. Today, there are some light rain and the skies are overcast. I hope the rains didn't affect Andrea's schedule.

tbhrc said:
Visiting young royal sparks battle royale

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT Meryl Streep’s wicked Miranda Priestley in “The Devil Wears Prada” would become the talk of the town, the high-society buzz has shifted to the battle royale over royalty between two prominent, lovely, and occasionally “wicked” matrons.

http://showbizandstyle.inq7.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view_article.php?article_id=17082

again, I am disappointed that the Inquirer made this a society event not a humanitarian one. :mad: i am writing them a feedback right now!

at least Hola did better: http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/08/24/andrea_filipinas/
(to our Spanish-speaking members, please tell me if the following translation is correct. i made changes in it after using an online translator).

Andrea Casiraghi follows the footsteps of his mother in humanitarian work

Andrea Casiraghi, son of Princess Caroline of Monaco, left behind the beaches of Ibiza and Saint Tropez, where he is usually seen during summers, and traveled to the Philippines. There he visited several development projects chaired by Amade Mondiale, a non-profit organization founded by Princess Grace and is now presided by his mother. The said NGO was created in 1962 and is present in 16 countries to help children in need. Now Andrea is involved in humanitarian work following the footsteps of his mother and his uncle, Albert II of Monaco, who has been collaborating actively with this organization for years.

Everything is not fun and frolic for Andrea, who is usually in the news for his romances or his nightlife. Now the son of Princess of Hannover has decided to take advantage of his last days of vacation by helping to the Philippine chapter of Amade, which was founded locally seven years ago. Andrea with his mother and uncle held a celebration last April, where many famous faces attended like Karl Lagerfeld, to collect funds for the NGO. Caroline of Monaco was in the Philippines when Amade celebrated its fifth anniversary in the country and had the opportunity to get to know the families who were living there and were thankful to those who continued working on the project that her mother, Princess Grace, had initiated.

--and i am so sorry too, i won't be able to go to the Ateneo forum and the event at Nuvo today. too much work to do. :sad:

and Monica, it wasn't raining, at least here in Parañaque. ;) it was actually sunny this morning but this afternoon it's rather cloudy.

Last edited:
Youth Forum at the Ateneo de Manila University, Aug. 25

Andrea's forum at the Ateneo de Manila University finished an hour ago! The small venue was jampacked - mostly girls - and some people were reduced to watching him from the glass structure. Tatiana was with him; she looks prettier in person. I'd say that she looked at ease and approachable.

Andrea seemed nervous at first, but better as he went along. The organizer said that Andrea was only expecting a handful of people and got a bit panicky when he was told that more than a hundred students signed up. He struck me as sincere in his charity work - at one point, he mentioned the children living in Payatas, this place that's a huge garbage dump, and some people laughed. And he said that it was nothing to laugh about. The organizer also mentioned that they wanted to include some rest & recreation for him, but Andrea politely declined as he wanted to make the most of his visit for work. Apparently, it was Andrea's idea to have the two forums with the youth.

Well, basically, Andrea's speech was mainly to tell the audience- composed mainly of elite students who come from the upper 10% of society in the Philippines - not to isolate themselves while 90% of their counterparts live terrible lives. He also said that for a poor country, the country seems to be more developed than other poor countries; he has seen many luxurious places for the rich here, yet many, many more live in poverty. He also said that he won't answer questions because the audience should be the ones asking themselves questions.

I will try to transcribe his speech during the weekend and post it here for those who are interested. Hope I could get it done as it was kind of noisy (girls whispering to themselves how gorgeous Andrea is, I'm sure ;)). The speech wasn't lengthy. As long as the mods say it's okay to post it. I also took some pics but they are dim; will see what I can do. There were no photo-ops with the audience at the event, but there were some photographers.

Rhapsody Brat, good for you there at the southern part of Metro Manila; it's drizzling on and off here at the northern point. And good you told off Philippine Daily Inquirer - gosh, are there no decent newspapers left here.

I hope the other TRF members from Manila who were able/ will be able to attend the either forum at the University of the Philippines (this morning) or at the Ateneo or the charity party tonight will share their tidbits with us.

Last edited:
wow, Monica, you are so lucky! how i wish i was really able to go there and listen to him.

and i liked that part when he said there was nothing to laugh about the situation in Payatas. he earns my respect with that! in a way it's embarassing on our part, because it shows how little we care for the situation. it had to take someone from Monaco to teach the seriousness of the problem right to our faces.

bravo Andrea!

RhapsodyBrat said:
wow, Monica, you are so lucky! how i wish i was really able to go there and listen to him.

and i liked that part when he said there was nothing to laugh about the situation in Payatas. he earns my respect with that! in a way it's embarassing on our part, because it shows how little we care for the situation. it had to take someone from Monaco to teach the seriousness of the problem right to our faces.

bravo Andrea!

Yes, I was embarassed, too. I kind of found it funny - not the situation but how he phrased it (the place). I didn't even know it went back to being a huge mountain of garbage again- I thought it wasn't like that anymore after the 2000 landslide of garbage there! But then, I have never been there!

Andrea scored 1,000 good boy points with me by saying that.... and for saying that we (audience) should be the ones asking ourselves questions. I'm properly ashamed of myself for not caring enough. :cry:

Last edited:
Monica, you attending that forum - I have to say that you are one lucky girl. I saw him speaking on the news, there was some signs of him being a little nervous but he does seem sincere in what he's doing. Although I don't know why I still could see some sort of sadness in his eyes, not yet mentioning how thin he looks now! I haven't really seen a lot of his pictures, but I personally think he looks thinner now compared to the previous times I've seen him in photos.

nayeli0016 said:
Monica, you attending that forum - I have to say that you are one lucky girl. I saw him speaking on the news, there was some signs of him being a little nervous but he does seem sincere in what he's doing. Although I don't know why I still could see some sort of sadness in his eyes, not yet mentioning how thin he looks now! I haven't really seen a lot of his pictures, but I personally think he looks thinner now compared to the previous times I've seen him in photos.

Yes, it was lucky that I was able to get away from work. But back to Andrea, yes, I'd say he looks thinner now, from his other pics, I mean. They say that the camera adds 10 lbs. I mean, I also saw Tatiana up close and she looks the same, weight-wise (but prettier), from what I know of her in pictures.

Last edited:
Laif

Andrea Casiraghi and his girlfriend Tatiana Santo Domingo visit the RAC (Reception and Action Center), temporary detention center opened in 1992 and the MYRC (Manila Youth Reception Center), a jail for minors located opposite the RAC here, at the MYRC., 08/25/2006.

81629487rk0.jpg
81629497pk7.jpg
81629504po4.jpg
81629507vo5.jpg
81629511xp5.jpg

Ateneo forum

Here are my pics from the Ateneo event. Sorry they are not so good... :bang:

His voice was a little shaky at first... he seemed nervous. :ermm: :wub:

Oh, Tati was also there. :flowers:

Wow, I am truly impressed with Andrea. He seemed to me like a person who wouldn't get his hands dirty but he seemed really serious about it. And to include Tatiana in his charity work. I'm quite speechless. But he's doing a great job.

Monica, I hope you'll forgive me for losing touch but...where in the room were you? I was there too! Okay more in PM...

Anyway, I still CANNOT believe I have seen Andrea Casiraghi in person! The guy is just so gorgeous for words, just really, really beautiful--put him in tights and give him a scabbard and he'd be perfect in the role of a little girl's fairy tale prince--perfect skin, wonderful jawline, and as the cliche goes...pictures do not do him justice at all (he seemed taller too, makes me wonder how tall Pierre really is). Tatiana looked way prettier in person, but the simple, girl-next-door type of pretty, and a lot more...lighter-colored, I guess, as her pics make her look.

Anyhow about Andrea, it's quite amazing how he stll looks like the Andrea in his baby pictures, I used to wonder how one's looks could change so much over the years but I guess one just cannot trust pictures. One thing that struck me about him was his intensity. I used to think that he was this easy-going, surfer dude type of guy but then you hear him speak about his cause, and wow, he is just sooo passionate about it and so serious that I just can't help wondering how lucky Tatiana is that she ended up with all that lovely package. He seems like a no-nonsense kind of guy, especally for one so young, and he didn't react at all to the flattery heaped on him when he was introduced. He certainly seems like someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

About the speech, he started out shaky and with an American accent but later on got more intense with his French accent seeping through. Monica already posted about the gist of his speech, but here are some of his words I liked (maybe not word-for-word quotations but faithful still, I swear)...

"It is really easy to help children."

and one that's fast-becoming a favorite:

"My mother always said that if you want to stop a volcano with a glass of water, then go ahead and do it." (or something like that...)

Anyway, will post some crappy pictures taken with a shaky hand tomorrow...

Btw, I think it's a nice touch that AMADE chose Andrea (or however it happened that he came to the Philippines) to come here, I think they wanted to approach the youth and make them more socially aware. Sending Andrea off did the job quite well, in my opinion.

Thanks guys for your input about the youth forum!!.I enjoyed reading it.Its sooo cool you've seen Andrea on his visit in Manila...I wished I was there to witness at least one of Andrea's activities, but my work didnt permit me to.The Grimaldis are my favorites..Anyways, I am delighted to read your stories related to the visit..keep it up Guys!!..keep on posting...:flowers:

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi: A royal encounter

"There's no such thing as a perfect world. But if you can help the poor even in a simple way—that’s a perfect world."

It’s not a missionary or a social worker speaking, but a true blue royal—the son of Monaco’s Princess Caroline, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi. At 22, the athletic, French-schooled teen pinup favorite is possibly the youngest royal active in humanitarian missions today.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=48510

The Prince goes to Payatas

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN isn’t exactly the venue I had in mind when one says, "You will have lunch with the prince."
But once upon this time in Payatas, Prince Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, son of Her Serene Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco paid a visit to Manila.

http://showbizandstyle.inq7.net/you/super/view_article.php?article_id=17258

i saw all the pics of him and tatiana at the RAc, i guess that's why they didn't make it to the UP forum, which was a shame, I think he definitely looked a lot more at ease and happy mingling with the people at the RAC than he did at ATeneo where he didn't look at all happy to be there.
I can now forgive him for not going to UP :), i just hope he didn't get intimidated by the thought of addressing UP law students as well as a few of the best lawyers in the country regarding children in armed conflict. I was there and the speakers made it sound a bit like a courtroom!
Oh and I think Andrea should just be given the title "Prince" to end the whole confusion when he does things like this! *wink wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom