The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Nobility

i am proud of andrea!!.. i truly hope he continues to do this in the future...now i hope people will stop talking that he does nothing except going to parties and expensive holidays!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:38 AM
Aristocracy

Are there any updates on Prince Andrea's visit? Like in the news or something?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
Monaco’s prince comes to Manila to visit mom’s charity work.

Andrea Pierre Casiraghi, the son of Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco and was once named one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People, will be arriving in Manila this August to visit the charity work of his mother for Amade-Virlanie Foundation, a socio-civic organization dedicated to providing shelter and guidance to abused children....

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?...e06_aug19_2006
Thanks, Radker! The same article appeared at the Philippine Star last August 13.

Thanks for the updates; I wasn't able to get any info from Virlanie Foundation. I guess they wanted to keep the details under wraps before his arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
hhhmmm yeah..Its possible that he would attend and so are the other elite sociallites...
OMG, Mahoogie..... in his (Tim Yap's) dreams, but then it wouldn't surprise me! But Tim Yap isn't a socialite at all! He just wants to seem like one. I couldn't for the life of me understand why he got to be a lifestyle writer/editor. And how he gets himself featured in the social scene. Puh-leeze! I hope he doesn't give Andrea the shock of his life! I mean, he (TY) isn't exactly classy yet he seems to think so?!

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 08-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Laif

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi visit the RAC (Reception and Action Center) in Manilla. The RAC is a temporary place which exist since 1992.
Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi visit a jail( theMYRC Manilla Youth Reception Center in Manilla). The MYRC is a jail for young people in front of the RAC. 08/21/2006.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
OMG, Mahoogie..... in his (Tim Yap's) dreams, but then it wouldn't surprise me! But Tim Yap isn't a socialite at all! He just wants to seem like one. I couldn't for the life of me understand why he got to be a lifestyle writer/editor. And how he gets himself featured in the social scene. Puh-leeze! I hope he doesn't give Andrea the shock of his life! I mean, he (TY) isn't exactly classy yet he seems to think so?!
You mean he's a fake elite?,maybe he's a cousin of James Yap-lol. ...Back to Andrea, are there any reports on the exact time of the Royal Chill out in Nuvo at Greenbelt?..I dont have an invitation but I would like to drop by and hope to get a glimpse of a Monaco Royal even if I'm outside the restaurant,lol. ..

Guys, thanks for the photos!!..I want to post photos of Andrea but I dont know how to use this image hosting thing...Anyways, its really nice to see Andrea doing all these humanitarian works...He's taking steps to become a grown-up and responsible royal...I think his mom, Princess Caroline, is really proud of him....I am dreaming of Andrea being the Prince of Monaco someday...He's the third in line to the throne of Monaco while his Uncle Albert has no legitimate child..

How tall is Andrea?..The people on the photos looked dwarfs beside him....I notice that he rarely smiled on photos..He is just like that ..He has also a strong resemblance to sister Charlotte on those pics..

Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Courtier

no prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Thanks, Radker! The same article appeared at the Philippine Star last August 13.

Thanks for the updates; I wasn't able to get any info from Virlanie Foundation. I guess they wanted to keep the details under wraps before his arrival.
I think it´s rather funny that Caroline´s (Casiraghi-)children are often called
"Princes"; they are in fact commoners, because their father was.
There is no one such a "Prince Andrea of Monaco". He is Andrea Casiraghi
and that´s why he uses his family name.
The only royal child in Monaco right now is Princess Alexandra of Hanover!
But of course it would be nice, if Prince Albert would create his nephew
a Prince to become his successor one day if he has no (legitimate) children of his own.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Laif

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi meet the daughter of Phiippines president Lolly Arroyo at the Malacanang Palace .
Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

wow, they have a young president!

I love the photos of him with the kids. I'm so happy he is doing this!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
I love the photos of him with the kids. I'm so happy he is doing this!
I second that, I'm SO glad he's doing this as well. And the photos of him with the children are fantastic. Caroline must be proud!

Ani
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Nobility

^ i 3rd that...i'm just over the moon that he's there inplace of his mother but
i hope we're not going to see just pictures of him poseing with disadvantage youth and dignitaries. i would like to hear him actually say something about why he's there and maybe give advice to the youth on how to make better thier situation, which is why i can't wait for his meeting with the collage students to begin, hopefully there will be a video camera allowed to tape everything. to hear him speak about the problem in manila and give his two cents will show how much thought he has put into the cause, and show how much he's grown and matured from a boy to a man
Old 08-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Nobility

i second that louisgarrel!

i particularly like pics andrea holding to the babies, he looked so sweet... and i truly hope that he continues to do this and use whatever position he has and assert his views about things like this... god knows we need more people like his mother in this world
Old 08-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Okay, everyone, I'm doing my bit to contribute here.....

Andrea's events:

Youth Forum at the Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights campus in Quezon City - Friday, August 25 at 3.00-4.45 pm.

Forum with the University of the Philippines Law Students at the Diliman campus - details to be finalized but it is also scheduled on Friday, Aug. 25.

Party at Nuvo Bar ("Royal Chill-Out") - Friday, Aug. 25. It's a fundraising event. For members who are based in Manila, Philippines, please PM me on the Nuvo Bar event if you're interested. I have the details and the contact person. I don't think I can go but maybe you gals can......

I have talked to someone and other pictures of Andrea will possibly be available to us after his departure..... I'm not promising anything, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Both forums will be held in my neighborhood! And I have work!

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 PM

wOW I wish I can go. My sister is a big Andrea fanatic and she's the one who told me about this. Thanks for the pictures.

Regarding the Greenbelt "gathering", is it going to be all-socialites only (by invitation?) because I'm no socialite (far from being one, actually) but I've been planning beforehand to go to Glorietta/Greenbelt this week or next for a "periodical" Powerbooks-and-Music One trip.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenopop
Regarding the Greenbelt "gathering", is it going to be all-socialites only (by invitation?) because I'm no socialite (far from being one, actually) but I've been planning beforehand to go to Glorietta/Greenbelt this week or next for a "periodical" Powerbooks-and-Music One trip.
Jenopop and others, please PM me on the details if you're interested. I'm not sure if can divulge details at the forum for security reasons before the event.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

just a correction: it's Luli Macapagal-Arroyo, not Lolly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
wow, they have a young president!
she is not the president of the country, she is the daughter of the president, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (as stated by tbhrc in her post). :mrgreen:

and monica17! i knew you'd be the first ones to be here. so sorry, you have work. :unhappy: and i agree, Tim Yap and his denizens can flaunt their stuff somewhere else and not use this well-meaning trip of Andrea just to say they met royalty. already society columns are lapping up this trip, which saddens me because i feel that it taints the cause-oriented-ness of Andrea's visit.

and thanks too to all who posted photos! i've been hibernating at home, and this seems to be a low-key trip because not many newspapers have carried it yesterday. probably today we'll have more news. i'll try to contribute too, if Philippine Daily Inquirer has some news.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Nobility

who is tim yap ? and what does he do? does he have wealthy parents? i did some research on google but it wasn't really clear on what he does. all i can seem to gather is that he like to go to parties and throw parties. is he like the pilippino male version of paris hilton or something?
Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Nobility

yeah, i also want to know who the heck is this guy..i have the feeling that he is not really well liked...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Sorry, people, if we left you wondering on who Tim Yap is.... I don't want to be nasty but okay, just a bit him..... he is a lifestyle writer or editor (not sure, i don't read his columns) , and he likes to hang around the society people here in the philippines. well, i would think he's friends with some of the rich-rich here (rich-rich meaning rich by international standards, even if the philippines is a poor country), but he is not from a well-off or rich family. I don't think he even attended a decent school here. Now, I have nothing against people who move up in the social ladder.. just to make it clear. But all he does is party, get himself into social events, make friends with the rich-rich or the seemingly rich, and then write about events.... and he's got this awful bleached blond hair. He's one of the most annoying press people here!

I bet meeting Andrea will be a feather in his cap. I'm betting he will write a whole page column about it. I hope Andrea doesn't get shell-shocked if he meets him!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:17 AM

I see. I see. I guess I won't be going. Or won't be able to go, rather.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Courtier

Another update:

Talk at the Ateneo de Manila University on Aug. 25 - Andrea will be talking about the youth's role into shaping a more caring and compassionate society.

I will post any updates on this and the other events as soon as able. If I get my hands on the transcript of his speech, I will post it here later on.