Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana & Family Current Events Part 15: April 2010 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tacky outfit and both of them look fed up.

She looks like a modern pregnant woman. There´s nothing wrong with showing the belly or putting on weight.

Eh, there's certainly nothing wrong with putting on weight but I think the outfit is pretty awful. There's nothing wrong with showing your belly at the beach, but it's generally pretty gauche to show it anywhere else.

Not a good look for her, in my opinion.

She looks like a modern pregnant woman. There´s nothing wrong with showing the belly or putting on weight.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with a pregnant woman showing her belly but there are definitely better ways of doing it.

In some outfits Tatiana looks pregnant but to be honest if I had walked past her I wouldn't have been sure if she was expecting or just a larger lady in an ill-fitting top.

They seem so relaxed :flowers: Although I have to agree it's not a good look on her too...But she's more beautiful now she's pregnant

As per Monaco's constitution, the moment Andrea and Tatiana are married, their child(ren) born before the said marriage will automatically be legitimised and very much eligible to inherit the Throne.
They will marry probably after the child is born

Not the greatest look on her IMO personally I think it's tacky BUT that is only IMO.

She was pictured having lunch with Dana Alikhani (her business partner) in London on the 11th and Dana posted images from a baby shower on the 9th (presumably for Tatiana?).

Oh,I like MS clothes and accessoires,nice to have some colours and handmade products instead of Made in China and all black,they have some really stylish items in their e-shop:)
Does anyone know the meaning of the name "Muzungu"?

Sadly they have no shop who sells Muzungu Sister in Austria or Germany....http://www.muzungusisters.com/stockists/

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, Muzungu means "traveler" or "wanderer" in Swahili.

:previous:
Mzungu or Muzungu is the southern, central and eastern African term for a person of foreign descent. It identifies white people. Literally translated, it means a "confused person wandering about".

The term Muzungu is becoming increasingly unacceptable among educated East Africans as it sounds discriminatory describing people by their skin colour. Other white Africans also find it uncomfortable as it labels them with Europeans when in actual fact they are as African as they come.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mzungu
Mzungu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Their prices are totally absurd. I guess only their friends buy something from time to time to help them out.

Of course, the prices of the prêt-à-porter industry (mass produced items with a huge label that makes people willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money) are also absurd at at least the Muzungu items are hand made.
But fashion companies have to pay hundreds of employees, thay pay for their very very expensive publicity campaings, they pay the stars who wear their clothes (like Charlotte)... you can see why they need to sell their mass produced articles at those absurd prices to cover their expenses and obtain some profit.

These two girls have no expenses whatsoever and yet they sell their stuff (if they really do, I doubt they have real costumers) at outrageous prices to the same rich wanna be hippies who wear mass produced prêt-à-porter from Gucci or Prada. For god's sake 180 pounds for a cotton bag? 275 pounds for a pair of linen trousers?

280 pounds for a hippy cotton skirt??!!! :ROFLMAO:

These rich heiresses are absurd. And it is sad how most often they are women. Bored girls pretending to do something artistic. You rarely see male heirs doing this kind of void things or pretending to be designers or artists or whatever...

I wonder why so many male heirs seem to live in the real world while women behave like little girls playing at being fashion designers, artists or sport champions...

Last edited:
Interesting, if women do all this stuff it´s shallow and unworthy :whistling:
But when a male heir drives races or buys soccer clubs, it´s okay.. :cool:

Bohemian crowd of Fulham Rd or Sloane Sq would pay for that price.Only rich people could afford those..and if you're rich,money is never a problem to splurge on those designs.

I never understand how anyone, whether man or woman, would pay so much money simply because there is a name on it. Of course there is a difference in quality of material and construction, but that doesn't cover those prices.

I wish the couple good luck with the last stages of the pregnancy. And I hope that the birth will go smoothly (as far as giving birth Can go smoothly). ;-)

You'd be surprised at how many people splurge money on the most simple pieces of clothing. Atleast their clothes are all hand-made with care, hence the high cost.

I believe their intentions are good. Think of all the other things they could be doing (Paris Hilton...). At least they are trying to do something worthwhile.

They just launched in 2011, so maybe once the brand takes off they will have a more affordable line. But their mission is not to produce cheap quality products, and nicer things tend to run a little higher (especially with the type of labor they use). I mean, there's a reason cheap things are cheap... (mass production, hard labor, etc).

Btw, here's the page where I found the definition of "Muzungu" on the website. It also explains a little more about the company's goals. I think there's real substance there. Muzungu Sisters

Interesting, if women do all this stuff it´s shallow and unworthy :whistling:
But when a male heir drives races or buys soccer clubs, it´s okay.. :cool:

Maybe it's because most heiresess think of themselves as "creative" and pretend to be "artists" and profesional designers or sportswomen, instead of asuming a traditional chauvinistic work and letting the family companies in the hands of their brothers and cousing while they occupy themselves with charity parties and fake artistic pursuits.

Most male heirs drive races and such as a hobby, but they don't pretend to be professional sportsmen and artists and have real activities in the real world.

It's sad, but it's the way it it. Most heiresses behave as 19th century useless pretty women.

Most male heirs drive races and such as a hobby, but they don't pretend to be professional sportsmen and artists and have real activities in the real world.
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden?? He seems to care more about drive races than being a prince. (And collect university degrees, in design and agriculture, both more for like a hobby than really working as either.)

(..)

I don't think you can clump Tatiana & Dana together with the pseudo-artsy heiresses. Their company's pieces are mostly designed and handmade by local artisans around the world. They are just trying to highlight that work & thus stimulate the economies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden?? He seems to care more about drive races than being a prince. (And collect university degrees, in design and agriculture, both more for like a hobby than really working as either.)

I'm not talking about members of real Royal Families (we all know Monaco's is not). They are all parasites, men and women. And they should never get involved in real business (we very well know the consequences in Spain with our darling Infanta)

I'm talking about people like Pierre, Lapo Elkann, Alejandro Santo Domingo, Antoine Arnault...

Of course, they are somo " professional artistic" male heirs, like Tatiana's brother, but most of them don't pretend to be more than they are. The sons of succesful entrepreneurs.

It's mostly the girls who feel they are talented because they are rich and have it in them to be jewelry designers, writers, stylist etc.

I mean, have a look at this:

Oh No They Didn't! - Vanity Fair's Portraits of Fortune's Children

Ivanka Trump is the only women among all of them silly heiresses who does something related to real business. All the others are magically talented just because they are rich!!! Photographers, actresses, stylists, film-makers.
We often wonder about Charlotte's attituted but now I think that I may have been unfair with her. All the girls she knows and shares her life with are stupid, and pretentious. She's just doing with it's natural among her peers.

Now, have a look at the men. I'd say that maybe 1/4 of them have decided they are as tallented as the girls because they're worth it. There's a dj, an actor and a couple of gallery owners. But 3/4 among don't pose as professional artists and don't seem to be delusional they way the girls are.

I wonder if this is the consequence of growing up in a conservative background where boys and girls are educated differently. If boys are groomed up for succesion while girls are left to ocupate themselves with pretty dresses and silly dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mm....
Maybe it is just me, but, there are some things I am skeptical about this affair. I think I will wait until more official reports come along.

I don't care for these clothes. I wore hippie style clothes back in the hippie era (my step daughter called me "my hippie mom") and I would have considered most of these clothes ugly. And of course would never have paid that much money for ugly. I liked ethnic clothes, but it had to be attractive when worn. The clothes don't do anything for the models' appearance.
Having said that, lots of high fashion is ugly; it is made only to startle and incite comment. I don't mean the clothes the princesses wear--just high fashion one sees on runways. Very ugly, and denoting a type of mind which has given up on the world as we know it. And much more extreme than Tatiana's offerings. Her stuff looks normal compared to runway fashion I've seen on the internet (where else would I see it?)

You are calling grown women dumb, silly and useless, because they dare to do what they like. This is just plain ol´misogyny ;) But of course, the guys are so much more serious with what they do... You are free to ignore them btw!

Last edited:
You are calling grown women dumb, silly and useless, because they dare to do what they like. This is just plain ol´misogyny ;) But of course, the guys are so much more serious with what they do... You are free to ignore them btw!
Misogyny is a disease on this forum. It still manages to baffle me from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom