Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana & Family Current Events Part 15: April 2010 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainier died in April 2005. That was just before summer. As cold and heartless as this sounds, Andrea partied like that every summer. Remembering of course that in 2005, Andrea was 21. He was doing what every normal 21 year old does. It wasn't really that different. And you would have probably never seen Andrea doing anything else because the rest of the time he was studying.
On the subject of university and Andrea - I'm pretty sure he completed his Masters degree at TNS.

Thecia, when do you think he did the masters? I guessed he probably went to TNS-Eugene Lang for a master's in political science.... though it's all open to conjecture because we don't have any official information. Do you think he finished his bachelor's at AUP in June 2006 and then started the master's in New York next semester, right after his trip to the Philippines? Then he could have finished last June, one year ago almost?

Thecia, when do you think he did the masters? I guessed he probably went to TNS-Eugene Lang for a master's in political science.... though it's all open to conjecture because we don't have any official information. Do you think he finished his bachelor's at AUP in June 2006 and then started the master's in New York next semester, right after his trip to the Philippines? Then he could have finished last June, one year ago almost?
Andrea definitely graduated from AUP (check out the VIP entry in the A-Z of AUP).
I'm pretty sure he got his masters from TNS last year, though there was an article published on Gawker recently about Olivia Palermo (who also attends TNS) and sitting next to Andrea in class. However, if he's now in Paris, he must have either finished his studies or dropped out. Your timeline sounds correct though. :flowers:

He's working at the Qatar Embassy in Paris. Not very interesting for paparazzi.

I miss him! :sad:

Soooo badly! :ermm: I miss him frolicking on the beach, the streets of Paris....hey, now we know why he buzzed ;) his hair (his job at the Qatar Embassy) - I would enjoy shots of him dressed in a suit w/a briefcase, too - maybe the 'razzi should get on that!! :lol: I guess that may also explain why we don't see him w/Tatiana as much - he seems to be employed, she does not.....

I've been thinking the whole Qatari embassy job was just for a year (say from last September when he started) and for his "field work" which is required for the thesis for the Master's degree of International Affairs at the New School. :hmm: The degree is a two-year degree and he could have easily been doing that two years from fall 2007-spring 2009, but the thesis work must be additional to that, right?

^I guess. Wait, so he is technically not graduated yet?
Also, as Horseygal says, i would like to see pics of him wearing a suit, going to job. It looks like the paparazzi only want to show the party side of him, and not other ones.

I've been thinking the whole Qatari embassy job was just for a year (say from last September when he started) and for his "field work" which is required for the thesis for the Master's degree of International Affairs at the New School. :hmm: The degree is a two-year degree and he could have easily been doing that two years from fall 2007-spring 2009, but the thesis work must be additional to that, right?

^I guess. Wait, so he is technically not graduated yet?
Also, as Horseygal says, i would like to see pics of him wearing a suit, going to job. It looks like the paparazzi only want to show the party side of him, and not other ones.

Could be. Most people do their feild work in the final semester of study. He could've taken the internship as a first job post graduation....and it was just that, an internship. Probably from June 2009-Dec 2010 (maybe?)
Nat: I agree. I'd love to see pics of him (and Pierre for that matter) not partying and just out and about.

^Yeah, I'm sure you're right and he is graduated. I just wondered... It would be cool to see him arrive at the embassy in a suit and carrying a briefcase, and wearing an Ermenegildo Zegna scarf, Rolex watch, and his suede skull n' crossbones loafers (you know, because he is Andrea!) And of course, arriving in a chauffeured limo with diplomatic plates...... no, on second thought, arriving on a motorcycle would be so much better!:D

^I can so picture that! Oh...what a picture would be finding him on a motorcycle, wearing a suit and having a briefcase :wub:

^Yeah, I'm sure you're right and he is graduated. I just wondered... It would be cool to see him arrive at the embassy in a suit and carrying a briefcase, and wearing an Ermenegildo Zegna scarf, Rolex watch, and his suede skull n' crossbones loafers (you know, because he is Andrea!) And of course, arriving in a chauffeured limo with diplomatic plates...... no, on second thought, arriving on a motorcycle would be so much better!:D

... And definitely much more according to his (aparent ) personality...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ( the bold and the underline are mine, sorry! )

I saw Andrea outside the embassy smoking in July. He looked quite good.

I also saw Charlotte's ex boyfriend at Cafe de Flore yesterday.

^ wow! lucky you gabby. I'm glad Andrea looked good.

Thanks gabby for the info! I need pics of Andrea...i really miss him.
But...i'm quite happy because this means he can finally have a break. I remember that his current events threads were updated frequently in past years. He was very public.

Lucky sighting, Gabby; is his hair still cropped? I miss him, too, Nathalie - as I said before, I miss all the pictures of him, too - much as he hated it! It seemed he was everywhere .... of course, he had more freedom back then. I wish someone would capture some pictures of him at the Embassy, even if to show that he's matured from those partying days and has real responsibilities.

Lucky sighting, Gabby; is his hair still cropped? I miss him, too, Nathalie - as I said before, I miss all the pictures of him, too - much as he hated it! It seemed he was everywhere .... of course, he had more freedom back then. I wish someone would capture some pictures of him at the Embassy, even if to show that he's matured from those partying days and has real responsibilities.

It was cropped from what I remember. I didn't actually realise it was him until I had already walked past and didn't want to do a double take. He was with a girl (obviously from his office) and they were on a cigarette break.

I haven't been over that way in a while, is he still doing an internship there?

Actually, that's a good question - is the Qatar internship a semester or a full year; and, what university is this associated with (what's he studying)?

^From the fall of 2007 through spring 2009 he was enrolled in the master program for International Affairs at the New School for General Studies (not Eugene Lang, though some of the classes for that program crossover with Eugene Lang). He appears to have started the internship around September 2009. His studies at NSGS had to include some field work. It says so on their website for that International Affairs program. So I'm wondering if this internship is counting toward his field work which he has to do for his thesis project.

^From the fall of 2007 through spring 2009 he was enrolled in the master program for International Affairs at the New School for General Studies (not Eugene Lang, though some of the classes for that program crossover with Eugene Lang). He appears to have started the internship around September 2009. His studies at NSGS had to include some field work. It says so on their website for that International Affairs program. So I'm wondering if this internship is counting toward his field work which he has to do for his thesis project.

Thanks - do you mean the US-based New School, or is this a Euro-based university? If it's US-based, then it's interesting that he's in a post-grad program.....I'm still not clear on where he completed his undergrad?! Good for him, though! He's gaining valuable experience that will help prepare him for whatever international business he runs/gets involved with.

Thanks - do you mean the US-based New School, or is this a Euro-based university? If it's US-based, then it's interesting that he's in a post-grad program.....I'm still not clear on where he completed his undergrad?! Good for him, though! He's gaining valuable experience that will help prepare him for whatever international business he runs/gets involved with.

The New School is located in NY. He finished his undergrad/bachelors at The American University of Paris, located in Paris. The AUP website:http://www.aup.edu/

Thanks - the reports over the years about his time in NYC made it seem as if the focus was on Tatiana's schooling; and, of course, reports have been unclear on where/whether he graduated from anywhere (schools mentioned in Canada, Paris, NY, etc)....I changed my major after freshman year, as well as schools, and had to start over (credits not transfering), so I'm by NO MEANS knocking his efforts - glad he's finishing and moving in the direction of maturity and responsibility. I think he'll do well wherever he lands!

I didn't know about a Euro based New School, but yeah he was enrolled in the one in New York. It's true, like Thtre said, he was at aUP for undergrad, though he did the first school year, or at least one semester at McGill. But he did graduate from AUP, in 2007, with a political-related degree (International Politics, so said Point du Vue, with a minor of Visual Art, which is Visual Culture on the AUP website). The International Affairs program (for master of arts) at the New School is 42 credits. If he did all the course work from, let's assume, SEP 2007 through June 2009, that's like 21 credits per school year, coming out to 10-11 credits a semester. That would have made him a part-time student, I guess, which makes sense because it explains why he had time for many other things like work for AMADe, and international jet-setting, etc. The other possibility, of course, is that actually he did all those 42 credits in just ONE year instead of two, which is entirely possible. It would mean he did a very heavy course load, but it's doable. I tend to think he stretched it out though, it's only a guess. That program, the Graduate Program International Affairs (GPIA) at the New School for General Studies also requires a year long internship which can be done abroad at an embassy or NGO or some organization like that. See here, the link for the GPIA program: International Affairs Degree | The New School

Last edited:
Why do you assume Andrea studied at NEw School? I think in his Vanity Fair interview he confirmed he was attending a Politics Master at NYU...

Why do you assume Andrea studied at NEw School? I think in his Vanity Fair interview he confirmed he was attending a Politics Master at NYU...

Because in another interview, Prince Albert confirmed that he was studying at The New School. I believe that interview took place in Oct 2007(?).
CT-a little confirmation on this one?

Full quote re: Andrea in vanity fair, june 2009

ANDREA CASIRAGHI
Born: June 8, 1984, in Monaco. Parents: H.R.H. Caroline, Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess of Monaco; his father, Stefano Casiraghi, died in a speedboat accident when Andrea was six; his stepfather is H.R.H. Prince Ernst August of Hanover. Siblings: Charlotte and Pierre Casiraghi, half-sister Princess Alexandra of Hanover, stepbrothers Princes Ernst and Christian of Hanover. Maternal grandparents: Prince Rainier of Monaco and Princess Grace. Significant other: Tatiana Santo Domingo. Family residences: Monaco, Paris, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. Education: American School of Paris, the New School. Interests: Hunting, politics, art. Can be found at: Monaco Grand Prix. Cause: La Fondation Motrice (he is the ambassador for this foundation, which was started by the father of a classmate who has cerebral palsy). Quote: “I am also involved with amade [Association Mondiale des Amis de l’Enfance], which takes care of children around the world. I spent eight months in Africa—teaching in Senegal, Niger, and Togo.” Photographed with Tatiana Santo Domingo and their Boston terrier, Daphne, at Bruce Weber’s studio in New York City.

Their mistake was, of course, American School of Paris. It should be American University of Paris, preceded by International School of Paris. But they clearly said New School, not NYU.

Thtregoddess, I didn't know before about Prince Albert's interview confirming it. But it's good to know! If Prince Albert says that his nephew studied at the New SChool, I believe his nephew studied there. I believe his uncle knows as much about Andrea's studies as anyone else. :D

:sad:....soooo, you see why I am/was confused..... ;):ROFLMAO:

Their mistake was, of course, American School of Paris. It should be American University of Paris, preceded by International School of Paris. But they clearly said New School, not NYU.

Thtregoddess, I didn't know before about Prince Albert's interview confirming it. But it's good to know! If Prince Albert says that his nephew studied at the New SChool, I believe his nephew studied there. I believe his uncle knows as much about Andrea's studies as anyone else. :D

Directly from Andrea's wikipedia page (so, in reality, I'm not even sure how accurate it is or what the direct source is of this)
Since 2007, Casiraghi has been living and doing graduate studies in New York City, according to Prince Albert II. Also in that year, Casiraghi unveilled his patronage of the Motrice Foundation, which funds research into cerebral palsy.

About Andy´s future occupations...

I believe that Andy should prepare himself for running dad´s bussiness. He will not certainly be the next prince of Monaco. Albert is getting married with Charlene soon so they will have their own princes/princesses, so it does not have sense for Andy to direct their professional interests towards that direction...Stephano was a successfull bussiness man and from what I know, when he died his brother took care of his enterprises. Maybe it is time for Stephano´s children to do it...

^Yeah...i don't know what is he thinking about his future.
The Casiraghis' enterprises seems more like will be run by Pierre. You know, he studied or at least has a certain knowleadge about economics, and i read somewhere in this forum that he will take part in it.
I would like to see Andrea getting involved in Monaco's political issues. After all, he studied for that.
He said in his Hola interview that he is indeed involved with it. Maybe he doesn't want to show himself up to the public, and do his things door inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom