The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
Sorry to be in the minority here, but how many people must exist, which french is their mother tongue, and don't write it well?
I highly doubt every french person can write prefectly.

I don't think Andrea is an idiot just because he wrote radieu instead of radieux.

Laruedubac is a site about spectacles, music, cuisine, a little bit of everything.
There are pics of Albert there too.
__________________

__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #202  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Everyone can have a mistake, but for someone brought up un french schools it's a big shame...
It´s not that serious. Many people make orthographic mistakes in their language. I know doctors who write an S when they should write a C in my language. It has nothing to do with intelligence, education, not it is a shame because he was educated in French. They have the ability for some issues but not for writting. It is very common.
At least we know he speaks more than one language, probably three, which is very praiseworthy.
__________________

  #203  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Well if you are brought up in a French speaking country and educated at French schools I would not imagine writing the language should be too difficult, although everyone makes mistakes regardless of the language we speak. I think we are all too used to spell checks on our computers.
  #204  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
I still don't understand the big fuss because he made a mistake writing a word.
Again, not everybody writes perfectly, it doesn't matter if it's your mother tongue and if you are educated in that country. Nobody is perfect.

Do people here in this forum write without any mistake in their own languages, being their mother tongue and being brought up in schools with your mother tongue, I wonder?
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #205  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
^^^^^
I think that is what I was pointing out, we all make mistakes even in our own native languages
  #206  
Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
I think that is what I was pointing out, we all make mistakes even in our own native languages
Oups, sorry. My bad.
I guess that happens when i don't speak my mother tongue.

Now i'm dizzy
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #207  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Smush's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: near Bonn, Germany
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
I think that is what I was pointing out, we all make mistakes even in our own native languages
Yepp. I didn't wanna make a discussion out of my question asking if he is fluent in french.
And I also think he could have been nervous and not sure what to write.
  #208  
Old 11-30-2011, 07:28 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^^
I think that is what I was pointing out, we all make mistakes even in our own native languages
Of course we do, you're totally right! And so are the other ones who share your opinion.
But as Andrea is concerned, it's a big shame because we can see TWO mistakes (tous/tout is not clear) in ONE sentence. He's not anybody, he's Andrea Casiraghi. He received a very good education (far better than most of the french people), and I'm sure that if Princess Caroline has seen these mistakes, she must have called him immediatly.
So yes, I repeat it: when you're not able to write correctly a few words which are going to be published, it's a shame. There is no excuse for it. Even if he's not a public person, as Prince Albert II's nephew, he has to show the exemple. And if he makes some mistakes in private letters, that's not our problem. But this "text" was supposed to be published, he sould have been more careful.
This said, this doesn't make him someone bad!
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
  #209  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
Because he is the son of Princess Caroline he can't make a mistake?
It doesn't matter if he received a very good education, that doesn't guarantee that he is not going to make a mistake. For his disgrace, he did in a public paper. Now everybody says it's a big shame. Poor boy.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #210  
Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 778
Not considering the «I love RueduBac», Andrea made 1 1/2 mistake in a sentence of 7 words. Well spelling is obviously not his forte if I may say (hihih). I didn't count 2 because he corrected from «tout» to «tous» . And for all his fans pleading that French is so difficult etc...well we're just talking about a simple adjective here and about a person quite fluent in French.
  #211  
Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
It's just a word.
He is fluent in french. And he made a mistake.
People still want to sent him to the guillotine for that. Is not like he wrote "vache" with a "b", that would be a shame.

Anyway, we'll have to agree in disagree
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #212  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:28 PM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris & Salon-De-Provence, France
Posts: 307
I assume he knows how to write it well but just forgot to put the x at the end because he didn't know what to write.
__________________
je suis Charlie

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire


My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
  #213  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
I wouldn't read too much into it if it was just one mistake. Everybody makes has a silp once in a while, and I for once am known to make HUGE spelling mistakes (vache with a "b" kind of mistakes!) when in a hurry.
Now, 2 mistakes in just one short sentence...
  #214  
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 689
We all makes mistakes in our mother tongue, and some of us will never be spelling bee winners, so that's what I sea hear. A couple of mistakes from a terrible speller, lol.


But I see the gorgon strikes again, but this time goes after Charlotte's eldest brother, Andrea.

Surprise, surprise, Not.
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #215  
Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 28,692
The pics of Andrea shopping in Milan recently, have been a real good promotion for Tod's ,
I've already seen them in some magazines and here they are with less watermarks:



** Andrea Casiraghi et Joséphine de La Baume fous d'un Italien **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #216  
Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
Thanks for those bigger pics.
It has to be so uncomfortable to bear with the photographers, inside the store.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #217  
Old 12-03-2011, 11:01 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
I assume he knows how to write it well but just forgot to put the x at the end because he didn't know what to write.
I was about to say exactly the same thing. Maybe he forgot to write the -x in the end of the word. It's not a big deal. We all or most of us make mistakes in our mother tongue. Most times not because we don't know the right word but because we're not very carefull the moment we write it. And Andrea's mistake - for me - shows that it was just the mistake of a moment.
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #218  
Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 AM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Thanks for those bigger pics.
It has to be so uncomfortable to bear with the photographers, inside the store.
I felt the same as you when I saw the pics. It's very hard to see such an intrusion: poor Andrea!
Then I had an idea: what if Andrea was there to promote Tod's?
It would explain why he has been shot while looking at a mocassin, sitting on a sofa. It's the only explaination I can find to paparazzis' attitude. I hope that I'm right, I always feel sorry when pics are so intrusive. What made me think about it is that Andrea went to a Tod's party with Charlotte, a few time ago. But maybe I'm wrong!
__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
  #219  
Old 12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
I didn't think of that possibility. It could be possible.
Because i don't remember having seen pictures of celebrities shoping in a store that were so intrusive.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
  #220  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
LovelyKate's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ...., France
Posts: 599
I don't remember it too. I guess that there was a market: some shoes against a bit of publicity. Wasn't PG's name linked to Tod's in the past?
__________________

__________________
My galleries about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Charlotte Casiraghi : april - june 2011, june 2011 - ... .
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Andrea Casiraghi & Tatiana Santo Domingo, August 31,2013 & February 1,2014 iceflower Royal Weddings 344 02-14-2014 08:14 AM




Popular Tags
belgium best outfit birth brussels camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess catharina-amalia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll funeral general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hohenzollern jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit photo session picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince of wales princess claire princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist state visit stockholm sweden the hague victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]