The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
The theory behind this whole thing is 'If you are not going to follow the rules of the religion, why do you want a religious wedding. At the present time, in our parish, if couples are living together, they must move apart before they can begin marriage preparation. It had become a hugh mess. You wouldn"t see people in church for years and then they would show up wanting to marry, or have a baby baptized. Either you believe in a faith or you don"t, but don"t be a hypocrite and just use the Church for ceremonies.
This! So much!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=NGalitzine;1483832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Yes, I have heard of that happening as well. I also know of friends of mine who were told 2 weeks before their scheduled wedding by their priest that he was refusing to marry them because they did not want to have children. Even after it was explained to the priest that she had been advised for health reasons by her doctor not to have children the priest still refused and when they appealed to the Bishop he told them he could not over rule a parish priest in this matter although he did later give them some money to compensate for some expenses they had incurred on the planned wedding. In the end they went to another denomination to have their wedding and left the RC Church.
And they were quite right to do so. That priest is an idiot. How do you tell someone two weeks before their wedding it's not going to happen? Invitations had gone out weeks earlier. I'd also like to know who enlightened the priest as to their procreation plans? Further, I would have replied 'Well God is the one who gave me these health issues. He must not want me to procreate'.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Courtier

(..)

However back to the Monaco princely family... it's quite common for them it seems to get pregnant before marriage and the two have been together for years so i don't think there's any need for a 'shotgun' wedding, and judging by the planned dates they aren't going too..
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

I suspected she might be pregnant when they got engaged. He took soooo long to "put a ring on it" I figured there must be an incentive to do so.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

I agree, RubyPrincess. I think probably they knew how serious they were with each other for a long time but tought there was no need for a ceremony or even that it was not the right time yet. But now with the kid, the things changed: they can either marry because of the sucession issues or because they thing that now is the right time for a ceremony. In any case, I'm almost sure the pregnancy came first and then the ring
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I believe you are all far too much surprised. Has this really shocked you? Extramarital children are nothing new in Monaco's princely history. Casiraghi's own uncle, a monarch, fathered [at least] two children by two different women without being in a [serious] relationship with either of them. Andrea Casiraghi, a private citizen, is having a child with a woman he has been in a relationship with for the past seven years and whom he plans to marry. What's all the fuss about?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
I believe you are all far too much surprised. Has this really shocked you? Extramarital children are nothing new in Monaco's princely history. Casiraghi's own uncle, a monarch, fathered [at least] two children by two different women without being in a [serious] relationship with either of them. Andrea Casiraghi, a private citizen, is having a child with a woman he has been in a relationship with for the past seven years and whom he plans to marry. What's all the fuss about?

Allelhuia!!!! Finally a sensible statement.

And we should not forget that Princess Charlotte of Monaco (Pcs Rainier mother) was born out of wedlock, her parents never married. Despite this she was adopted by her father, Pcs Louis, she was created hereditary Pcs of Monaco, and transmitted her rights to her son, Pcs Rainier. And al this happened almost a century ago!
And Stefanie had her 2 first kids before marrying Daniel Ducruet, and she never married Camille's father!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, she confirmed it yesterday at the Telva Awards. The child will be born in January.
Tatiana Santo Domingo embarazada, Carolina de Mónaco será abuela
Translation
BEYOND excited and happy for them!!! They are going to have a beautiful child - glad they stayed together, always liked them together
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I believe you are all far too much surprised. Has this really shocked you?
Babies out of wedlock are certainly not a shock any longer. What surprised me was the ensuing sudden "engagement".

Quote:
Andrea Casiraghi, a private citizen, is having a child with a woman he has been in a relationship with for the past seven years and whom he plans to marry. What's all the fuss about?
No fuss, merely curiosity. We don't know he had planned to marry her at all. As you pointed out, they have been in a relationship for seven years so, what changed?

Did they intend to announce an engagement and marriage as soon as she fell pregnant. Which begs the question, why are they marrying? As part of their long-term plan, a personal religious imperative or merely expediency.

Common sense would lean toward expediency as had they planned to marry the logical process would have been wedding then family.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Isn't it possible that they just wanted it that way? My parents cohabited but were not planning on getting married when they willingly decided to conceive their first child, me. They did undergo a legally non-binding religious ceremony prior to my birth but only decided to have a civil wedding when I was four. These two may have done the same, except that in their case a civil marriage ceremony should be performed sooner, given how high in the line the father is and how high the child would thus become.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Of course, it is possible that they just wanted this way!! No one said the opposite. As I said in my last post it could be that they have decided they wanted to pass the rest of their lives together and have a family many time ago but simply didn't feel like having a ceremony at that time. And now they feel like having it... simple. I know many cases like this and there is absolutely no problem with it.
We were just commenting on it because we're curious, we're just guessing, which is afterall what we all do in this forum...
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Courtier

The reality is, for a lot of people these days, the wedding ceremony simply isn't important. Andrea could be an agnostic or atheist for all we know. I certainly don't believe he is being a hypocrite by using ceremonies only when convenient because based on experience, well it's not an easy world for non-believers. Hee and Tatiana are in a committed relationship and for them, perhaps that's all that matters. If Andrea were not royal, this wouldn't even be that big a deal. Unfortunately (or fortunately), he is one and is close enough to the No. 1 spot that this does matter and sometimes, it's just easier making compromises and sacrificing one's view of religion and the ceremonies that go with it for the sake of the tradition that your family and heck, in his case, his country, believes in than fighting it.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

Don't you think that because of Tatiana's pregnancy they decided to marry? They're going to be a family (not just a copule any more) so the weeding is very approriate in this moment. and don't tell me that marriage is of no importance these days because it is oboviously a ground for stable family life and a sense of security for children
Old 11-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Nobility

Well, they announced Andrea's wedding four months ago so Tatiana was already pregnant. I think that's why they wanted to marry.
Léonard de Vinci
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think the pregnancy is the reason why they're getting married, if that was the case I am sure the actual wedding would happen before the birth. I think they might have thought about it for a while and then when Tatiana got pregnant, they decided to get engaged.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

^^ yes that was my point too, Archuchess Zelia.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
Don't you think that because of Tatiana's pregnancy they decided to marry? They're going to be a family (not just a copule any more) so the weeding is very approriate in this moment. and don't tell me that marriage is of no importance these days because it is oboviously a ground for stable family life and a sense of security for children
Yes i agree! I think that's the reason of the wedding, too!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The relationship seems to have been running out of steam for the past several years.There was even some speculation on several other blogs that they had broken up. I think the pregnancy has decided the marriage issue for them-fortunately or unfortunately.

I understand that there is to be a space of at least a year between the civil and religious ceremonies and while that is odd, it does not surprise me at all. In fact it confirms my suspicions about the relationship and the unexpected nature of Tatiana's pregnancy. The civil ceremony gets them married and gives them time to test whether or not the marriage appears likely to last...that way they can avoid the messy, time consuming process of appealing to the Vatican for an annulment that would have been necessary if they'd married in Church.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The relationship seems to have been running out of steam for the past several years.There was even some speculation on several other blogs that they had broken up. I think the pregnancy has decided the marriage issue for them-fortunately or unfortunately.My feeling too...

I understand that there is to be a space of at least a year between the civil and religious ceremonies and while that is odd, it does not surprise me at all. In fact it confirms my suspicions about the relationship and the unexpected nature of Tatiana's pregnancy. The civil ceremony gets them married and gives them time to test whether or not the marriage appears likely to last...that way they can avoid the messy, time consuming process of appealing to the Vatican for an annulment that would have been necessary if they'd married in Church. Very sad
All that sound very likely to me !
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
All that sound very likely to me !

you can 'change his mind .. A wedding is a very important step .. If they wanted to be already' married.