Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo expecting first child for 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering why we cannot talk about Tatiana's pregnacy? Are there any reasons for that?

I've been wondering why we cannot talk about Tatiana's pregnacy? Are there any reasons for that?
I suppose all this discussion about her pregnacy makes her anxious and creates stress....

Quit speculating about pregnancies!

How is it speculating since she herself confirmed the pregnancy and we have an 11 page thread discussing Tatiana's pregnancy?

Quit speculating about pregnancies!

Why? Tatiana's pregnant with her first child, no speculation needed. Did you read the title of this thread at all? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:

You seem to have misunderstood something. The title of this thread is quite clear - it's the place to discuss the information and pics we get about the pregnancy. No one said that talking about her pregnancy was forbidden. It's a general TRF rule that speculations should be avoided, but the discussions you find on the previous pages are fine.

I remember that in Fall 2012 she was thought to be due in January. It is almost March.
Deliberate obfuscation, I suppose, as it to defy the public as idiots. And we are perhaps idiots to care about which month she is due? She did not look 9 months pregnant in the recent pictures in Brazil posted here. Mainly, she looked wide and overweight...very strange. There have been cases of people who thought they were pregnant and were not, like Queen Mary in the 17th century. But probably she will eventually give birth. But not near her fiance, Andrea? Wandering around in an advanced state of pregnancy is unseemly.

^^^^^
At just what month in a pregnancy do you expect women to go into seclusion and hide themselves away from pubic view so as not to be "unseemly".

I don't think seclusion is necessary but modesty wouldn't hurt any.

LaRae

She should also have a lowered gaze and smile very shy. :lol:
I really liked how she was so relaxed and never hid herself because she is pregnant.

Yes. She should also wear a burka, and walk two steps behind Andrea :p

I don't know from which century you come from Pranter and Mariel, but normal pregnant women do not only wander around but also work and party and you know keep livin in public until their delivery.

Modesty???!!! What is it that is so shameful in a pregnancy that she has to hide herself? As a woman I feel insulted by both your posts.

Last edited:

I don't know from which century you come from Pranter and Mariel, but normal pregnant women do not only wander around but also work and party and you know keep livin in public until their delivery.

Modesty???!!! What is it that is so shameful in a pregnancy that she has to hide herself? As a woman I feel insulted by both your posts.

Yea, I think the idea that a pregnant woman shouldn't be seen is honestly a bit demented and weird.

Didn't we all think that she was pregnant when their marriage was announced back in july?
Seeing the baby hasn't arrived yet, she couldn't have been pregnant long at that time..

Well,some women gain more weight than others.My mother who is quite slim gained 20kg during each pregnancy and looked huge while a friend of mine still looked slender (just a little bump which could have been interpreted as chubbyness)before giving birth and delivered a healthy baby.

I also think that pregnant women should move and behave as they usually do-why shouldn´t they enjoy the time they are waiting for their baby and also share their baby-luck with others?
About dressing-I like the way Nathalie Portman,Julia Roberts and Heidi Klum dressed during their pregnancy-elegant,practical & simple.The belly under a beautiful fabric but still you could see they were expecting-very nice and decent.I don´t like when the naked belly is hanging out from under a shirt(just like I don´t like to see bellybuttons of not pregnant women or see their stringtanga every time they turn around)
Shakira even gave a concert (danceing & singing) in Baku with her baby bump and Donna Karan was said to have worked up to the last hours before the delivery so there really is no reason to seclude yourself from society when you are expecting.Of course you should not overwork or carry heavy things,but moderate action and movements are alright.

Last edited:
I remember that in Fall 2012 she was thought to be due in January. It is almost March.
Deliberate obfuscation, I suppose, as it to defy the public as idiots. And we are perhaps idiots to care about which month she is due? She did not look 9 months pregnant in the recent pictures in Brazil posted here. Mainly, she looked wide and overweight...very strange. There have been cases of people who thought they were pregnant and were not, like Queen Mary in the 17th century. But probably she will eventually give birth. But not near her fiance, Andrea? Wandering around in an advanced state of pregnancy is unseemly.

Well, i don't know about you dear TRF friends, but to me it seems that she's been pregnant forever... To me, this seems to be the longest pregnancy in the history of motherhood!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yea, I think the idea that a pregnant woman shouldn't be seen is honestly a bit demented and weird.
It reminds me of the attitude many Daily Mail commenters have towards pregnant women in bikini's.

Get with the times people.

I come from the same century as you do we just have differing views on morals.

I have no issue with pregnant women being in public at any time, I just think women (pregnant or not) need to be more modest in their clothing.

I know it's the trend to walk around half naked and display one's self (and women wonder why they are objectified) I just don't happen to think it's right.

LaRae

I actually think Tatiana tends to dress very modest if modesty is about not showing one's body.

We're all a bit excited about the baby arrival, aren't we? We were thinking the baby would be born in January because some magazines told us about it right? Was it Tatiana who said it? In a link posted a few posts ago, it says it will be born in March. I guess that's the right date.

The first confirmation we had about Tatiana being pregnant was when she received that award in Madrid. Remember the pics here:
http://realeza.blogs.sapo.pt/689999.html
It was early November. Her belly was perfectly visible in the first set of pics, with a "tight" dress but in the second set of pics anyone could have doubts about whether she was pregnant or not. If she was to give birth in January she was 6 (if late january) or 7(if early january) in november. I don't think that was the case. If she's to give birth in March she was 5(if early march) or 4(if late march).

EDIT: The first time we were induced to think Tatiana was pregnant was in mid July when they were photographed in Monaco
http://realeza.blogs.sapo.pt/597265.html
Tatiana seems to have a belly there and since they had just announced their engagement, everyone thought she was pregnant, I think.
It's likely that she was pregnant then, but only one or two months, not enought to be showing a bump just yet, right?

Remember that Tatiana was never a slim woman, she always had some weight and even a bit belly as well as her weight seems to flutuate a bit, tought it doesn't show so much because she "hides" it in her hippie clothes. Also, some woman have naturally a more prominent belly than others and could easily be mistaken by early pregnancies sometimes (I know, that happens to me, unfortunately). Tatiana seems to be the case.
So the pregnancy doesn't seem to last forever, it's just that when we first saw a bump, there was no pregnancy bump yet, so we were mislead.

Last edited:
I come from the same century as you do we just have differing views on morals.

I have no issue with pregnant women being in public at any time, I just think women (pregnant or not) need to be more modest in their clothing.

I know it's the trend to walk around half naked and display one's self (and women wonder why they are objectified) I just don't happen to think it's right.

LaRae

Women are not objectified because of what they wear. Women are objectified because someone chooses to consider their body instead of their whole person. I get so unbelievably sick of the backwards puritan views of women's bodies that I see repeated regularly- that unless women meet some totally arbitrary standard of what is "modest" (Which varies greatly across cultures) that it's ok to judge, shame, or criticize.

It's not something men ever face- it's very sexist and I really hate seeing women perpetuate it against other women. And as far as I'm concerned, it's got almost nothing to do with morality- I don't see how a piece of clothing can be moral or immoral. I judge morality on whether or not someone is kind to others, honest, shows integrity in their dealings, and tries to do good in the world- not ever on what someone wears.

Getting off topic, so I should stop now, but that attitude just makes me fume.

:bang:

:previous:March seems about right to me too. We are so used to seeing these skinny pregnant women who don't show until the 4th month, etc.Tatiana was never skinny and she's obviously put on a lot of non-baby weight which many women do.
In the early November picture she seems about 5 months along to me.

:previous:March seems about right to me too. We are so used to seeing these skinny pregnant women who don't show until the 4th month, etc.Tatiana was never skinny and she's obviously put on a lot of non-baby weight which many women do.
In the early November picture she seems about 5 months along to me.
Anyway, March is in a few days;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's obvious now that the January/February due date rumors were just hearsay. Where did they originate anyway? There was never any sort of confirmed timeline for this pregnancy. Even in November at the Telva Awards (our first actual pregnancy confirmation) they were saying she was 6 months. But that was obviously not so. I keep having to separate common sense from all the rumors...:bang:

A March due date sounds about right. That would've put her getting pregnant in June or so and finding out in about July. And July is when the engagement was announced.

I guess it's obvious now that the January/February due date rumors were just hearsay. Where did they originate anyway? There was never any sort of confirmed timeline for this pregnancy. Even in November at the Telva Awards (our first actual pregnancy confirmation) they were saying she was 6 months. But that was obviously not so. I keep having to separate common sense from all the rumors...:bang:

A March due date sounds about right. That would've put her getting pregnant in June or so and finding out in about July. And July is when the engagement was announced.

It's also her first baby- it could be late by as much as a week or two. If she has the baby in the next few days, I'll say that the rumors weren't far off target.

This pregnancy has clearly gone on long enough. Someone start boiling water and pass me a forceps!

My objection to her wandering around was not to her being seen in public. It was to her going to England to a birthday party in an advanced state of pregnancy. And going to Brazil in a fairly advanced state of pregnancy. Anyone with experience knows that this is dangerous. In the last few months, a woman needs to stay fairly near her doctor in case of emergency. There are all kinds of emergencies, such as Placenta Previa, which killed Charlotte, the heir to the throne of England. Placenta Previa can be addressed usually by caesarian, no other way. And sometimes it can be a fast emergency. A woman is healthy, doing well, and they may not know she has Placenta Previa.

I did not object to her being seen in public. Certainly I myself was seen plenty in public when I was pregnant. I had no idea what how difficult childbirth could be, just waltzing around feeling great, after recovering from Hyperemesis Gravidus, just as Kate has recovered. But I was unconscious for ten hours during labor because they gave me that hormone which induces labor, which I reacted to with unconsciousness. I picked my doctor because he didn't use a lot of drugs, and I had no forgetfulness drug (popular at that time) nor any anesthetic other than one shot of demerol. So they told me; I wasn't there until they woke me up forcefully at delivery. This is just one thing which can happen, there are many.

Last edited:
My objection to her wandering around was not to her being seen in public. It was to her going to England to a birthday party in an advanced state of pregnancy. And going to Brazil in a fairly advanced state of pregnancy. Anyone with experience knows that this is dangerous. In the last few months, a woman needs to stay fairly near her doctor in case of emergency. There are all kinds of emergencies, such as Placenta Previa, which killed Charlotte, the heir to the throne of England. Placenta Previa can be addressed usually by caesarian, no other way. And sometimes it can be a fast emergency. A woman is healthy, doing well, and they may not know she has Placenta Previa.

You have no idea how her doctors are advising her, how far along she is, how high risk her pregnancy is- anything. It's all speculation. Also? Tatiana is very, very wealthy. There's a fair chance she's traveling by private plane with a doctor on board, and that medical arrangements in whatever country she's visiting have been arranged in case of emergency. With wealth comes a lot of freedom of movement and options.

@HRHHermione Thanks so much for saying that. We have no idea how far along she is, so "advanced state of pregnancy" doesn't really mean anything to us at this point. Everyone thought she was about to pop on New Year's because of her size, when she wasn't as far along as we thought. The bottom line is that we aren't privy to the details of this pregnancy so I'm trying to refrain from passing judgment with so little information. If this pregnancy has taught me anything, it's to stop assuming so much and just wait it out.:whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom