The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Courtier

I hope it´s no translation mistake or something, but this article says Tatiana told it´s a boy!

Source

Old 11-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo on their most happy news!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I hope it´s no translation mistake or something, but this article says Tatiana told it´s a boy!

Source
Uh, how exciting! "J'attends un garcon" definitely means "I'm expecting a boy". I don't know if this source is reliable though, don't know the magazine.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Première is a very serious mag about movies.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

^yes, i really like that magazine because of its serious contents, its a very interesting mag. too bad they stopped the print to Portugal;_;

and im so gald its a boy, my guess was right! im so so so happy for them
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post

Source

Premiere takes Tatiana statement from La Voz: "“Estoy esperando un hijo, sí estoy embarazada”, e.i. "I am expecting a child, I am pregnant. I don´t know in which language she said it, but in the Spanish report it is not made clare wheter it is a boy or a girl. The French translated "hijo" as "garcon", which is a mistake. Now, if the question and answer were in French she may have said "garcon" and then the Spanish translation is wrong. So, she may be expecting a boy, but we don´t know if she said it. Hope it makes sense

French

Principauté de Monaco : un héritier en 2013

Spanish

Tatiana Santo Domingo embarazada, Carolina de Mónaco será abuela
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Hope it makes sense

It does! Having read the Spanish version first, I've also had the impression it could be a subsequent mistranslation. Hijo can both be used for "son" and "child". We'll see, the important thing is that the child is healthy
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

Until recent times a lot of things were hidden, pregnancies out of wedlock being one of these things. People that knew about these things kept their mouths shut (they didn't go to the newspapers or the media and tell all) and everyone pretended like everything was perfect when it wasn't.

If Andrea and Tatian marry, it should be because they want to be married, not because someone pressured them to marry. Getting married due to pregnancy is not the best reason to get married as how many marriage last when people get married solely for this reason. Some do, but many don't.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Off topic posts have been removed - please note that this is a thread for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo's future child only.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Nobility

in the service broadcast on Italian television is confirmed that the Princess Caroline become 'grandmother of a boy..

Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, I can certainly understand why Tatiana looks grey, sweaty and unwell, being into the 3rd trimester. Andrea really needs to do less of whatever he is doing that is making him look so unhealthy. When he was about 24-25, he was a stunningly good looking young man. And, IMPHO, he needs to marry that girl and make the baby the rightful heir to the principality before Andrea drops from whatever better living through chemistry he has going.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Well, I can certainly understand why Tatiana looks grey, sweaty and unwell, being into the 3rd trimester. Andrea really needs to do less of whatever he is doing that is making him look so unhealthy. When he was about 24-25, he was a stunningly good looking young man. And, IMPHO, he needs to marry that girl and make the baby the rightful heir to the principality before Andrea drops from whatever better living through chemistry he has going.
A haircut ro start with because it really doesnt suit him.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Serene Highness

Yes the change in Andrea over the last years is striking in the video. He looks too thin in the face and pale. And Scooter it is a good idea that they should marry now to make the baby the rightful heir. If he dies the baby cannot become the heir, unless they have married. Both Andrea and Tatiana need to do something about their long hair which looks actually greasy.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Why they should marry now? Louis and Tessy married when Gabriel was 6 months old, so why Andrea and Tatiana cannot do the same?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Because he does not want his child being heir of Monaco as he should be if Charlène has no children.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

It's too early for such a speculation; Charlene is still young.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder why nowadays (and for months now) we never see the couple anymore.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I think we should remember the old rule of thumb; "There are three types of princesses: Princesses by birth, Princesses by marriage and Princesses of Monaco." Just sayin'.
Exactly. The princes of monaco are not royals.
Also, Monaco is not a democracy, so they aren't subject to the public opinion the same way other royals are.
They are just big landlords whith ruling right over the monaco citizens and owners of most of the businesses in their little land.
The monaco citizens (the real monegasques, not the millionaires who've obteined their residence rights) are virtually Grimaldi employees.

On the other hand they don't live out of their citizen's taxes like other royals do. They don't cost a single euro to the monegasques, rather the contrary, they are their source of richness.

So, yes, they can do whatever they like with their lifes and make as many children as they want.

Also, I've noticed that people who don't come from traditional catholic countries tend to have a conservative views about catholic people, that is quite old-fashioned in tradiional catholic areas.

Nearly all young catholics in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal live with their partners before getting married.
Most catholics get civil divorces and many conceive children before getting married.

A few old fashioned people still follow the Roman rules but they are a minority, most people are much more relaxed about this kind of things and most priests baptize children of unmarried parents without raising an eyebrow.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Yes the change in Andrea over the last years is striking in the video. He looks too thin in the face and pale. And Scooter it is a good idea that they should marry now to make the baby the rightful heir. If he dies the baby cannot become the heir, unless they have married. Both Andrea and Tatiana need to do something about their long hair which looks actually greasy.
Firstly, I wish Andrea a long and happy life, but should a tragedy strike and he passed away before marrying Tatiana, I doubt that would keep the child from ascending to the Monegasque Throne one day (provided Albert has no children, of course). Given the couple's expressed wish to marry (and thus legitimise the child), in all probability an Act would be passed legitimising him and granting succession rights.

Secondly, I think one of the reasons Andrea and Tatiana decided to marry after their child is born is because if they married right now, it would be too much like a shotgun wedding. Whereas by marrying after the birth of their child, they are sending a clear signal their union will take place because they want to, not because they were forced by circumstances.

And thirdly, a decision like that should be made only by the couple and for reasons they see fit. They made the choice to marry after their child is born and that should be respected.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

Article on Paris Match

Caroline bientôt grand-mère - royal-blog - ParisMatch.com

http://Caroline bientôt grand-mère

Offres exceptionnelles : téléchargez en PDF ou abonnez-vous au magazine Paris Match sur le site ParisMatch.com ! - ParisMatch.com