Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo expecting first child for 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it´s no translation mistake or something, but this article says Tatiana told it´s a boy! ;)

Source

Congratulations to Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo on their most happy news!

I hope it´s no translation mistake or something, but this article says Tatiana told it´s a boy! ;)

Source

Uh, how exciting! "J'attends un garcon" definitely means "I'm expecting a boy". I don't know if this source is reliable though, don't know the magazine.

^yes, i really like that magazine because of its serious contents, its a very interesting mag. too bad they stopped the print to Portugal;_;

and im so gald its a boy, my guess was right! im so so so happy for them

Source

Premiere takes Tatiana statement from La Voz: "“Estoy esperando un hijo, sí estoy embarazada”, e.i. "I am expecting a child, I am pregnant. I don´t know in which language she said it, but in the Spanish report it is not made clare wheter it is a boy or a girl. The French translated "hijo" as "garcon", which is a mistake. Now, if the question and answer were in French she may have said "garcon" and then the Spanish translation is wrong. So, she may be expecting a boy, but we don´t know if she said it. Hope it makes sense :ermm:

French

Principauté de Monaco : un héritier en 2013

Spanish

Tatiana Santo Domingo embarazada, Carolina de Mónaco será abuela

Last edited:
Hope it makes sense :ermm:

It does! :flowers: Having read the Spanish version first, I've also had the impression it could be a subsequent mistranslation. Hijo can both be used for "son" and "child". We'll see, the important thing is that the child is healthy :)

Until recent times a lot of things were hidden, pregnancies out of wedlock being one of these things. People that knew about these things kept their mouths shut (they didn't go to the newspapers or the media and tell all) and everyone pretended like everything was perfect when it wasn't.

If Andrea and Tatian marry, it should be because they want to be married, not because someone pressured them to marry. Getting married due to pregnancy is not the best reason to get married as how many marriage last when people get married solely for this reason. Some do, but many don't.

Off topic posts have been removed - please note that this is a thread for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo's future child only.

Well, I can certainly understand why Tatiana looks grey, sweaty and unwell, being into the 3rd trimester. Andrea really needs to do less of whatever he is doing that is making him look so unhealthy. When he was about 24-25, he was a stunningly good looking young man. And, IMPHO, he needs to marry that girl and make the baby the rightful heir to the principality before Andrea drops from whatever better living through chemistry he has going.

Last edited:
Well, I can certainly understand why Tatiana looks grey, sweaty and unwell, being into the 3rd trimester. Andrea really needs to do less of whatever he is doing that is making him look so unhealthy. When he was about 24-25, he was a stunningly good looking young man. And, IMPHO, he needs to marry that girl and make the baby the rightful heir to the principality before Andrea drops from whatever better living through chemistry he has going.

A haircut ro start with because it really doesnt suit him.

Yes the change in Andrea over the last years is striking in the video. He looks too thin in the face and pale. And Scooter it is a good idea that they should marry now to make the baby the rightful heir. If he dies the baby cannot become the heir, unless they have married. Both Andrea and Tatiana need to do something about their long hair which looks actually greasy.

Why they should marry now? Louis and Tessy married when Gabriel was 6 months old, so why Andrea and Tatiana cannot do the same?

Because he does not want his child being heir of Monaco as he should be if Charlène has no children.

It's too early for such a speculation; Charlene is still young.

I wonder why nowadays (and for months now) we never see the couple anymore.

I think we should remember the old rule of thumb; "There are three types of princesses: Princesses by birth, Princesses by marriage and Princesses of Monaco." :whistling: Just sayin'.:flowers:

Exactly. The princes of monaco are not royals.
Also, Monaco is not a democracy, so they aren't subject to the public opinion the same way other royals are.
They are just big landlords whith ruling right over the monaco citizens and owners of most of the businesses in their little land.
The monaco citizens (the real monegasques, not the millionaires who've obteined their residence rights) are virtually Grimaldi employees.

On the other hand they don't live out of their citizen's taxes like other royals do. They don't cost a single euro to the monegasques, rather the contrary, they are their source of richness.

So, yes, they can do whatever they like with their lifes and make as many children as they want.

Also, I've noticed that people who don't come from traditional catholic countries tend to have a conservative views about catholic people, that is quite old-fashioned in tradiional catholic areas.

Nearly all young catholics in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal live with their partners before getting married.
Most catholics get civil divorces and many conceive children before getting married.

A few old fashioned people still follow the Roman rules but they are a minority, most people are much more relaxed about this kind of things and most priests baptize children of unmarried parents without raising an eyebrow.

Last edited:
Yes the change in Andrea over the last years is striking in the video. He looks too thin in the face and pale. And Scooter it is a good idea that they should marry now to make the baby the rightful heir. If he dies the baby cannot become the heir, unless they have married. Both Andrea and Tatiana need to do something about their long hair which looks actually greasy.

Firstly, I wish Andrea a long and happy life, but should a tragedy strike and he passed away before marrying Tatiana, I doubt that would keep the child from ascending to the Monegasque Throne one day (provided Albert has no children, of course). Given the couple's expressed wish to marry (and thus legitimise the child), in all probability an Act would be passed legitimising him and granting succession rights.

Secondly, I think one of the reasons Andrea and Tatiana decided to marry after their child is born is because if they married right now, it would be too much like a shotgun wedding. Whereas by marrying after the birth of their child, they are sending a clear signal their union will take place because they want to, not because they were forced by circumstances.

And thirdly, a decision like that should be made only by the couple and for reasons they see fit. They made the choice to marry after their child is born and that should be respected.

Last edited:
Biri said:
Why they should marry now? Louis and Tessy married when Gabriel was 6 months old, so why Andrea and Tatiana cannot do the same?

They can ...assuming they actually get to it. Life with a new baby is very stressful. And there is clearly something going on with young Andrea. What if he has a Heath Ledger young death. With Albert not having, as of now, a legitimate heir, I would thing it would be a matter of concern for the principality. I am also sure that Charlene is ready to spit too. It is so much easier to get pregnant at Tatiana's age .

Artemisia said:
Firstly, I wish Andrea a long and happy life, but should a tragedy strike and he passed away before marrying Tatiana, I doubt that would keep the child from ascending to the Monegasque Throne one day (provided Albert has no children, of course). Given the couple's expressed wish to marry (and thus legitimise the child), in all probability an Act would be passed legitimising him and granting succession rights.

Secondly, I think one of the reasons Andrea and Tatiana decided to marry after their child is born is because if they married right now, it would be too much like shotgun wedding. Whereas by marrying after the birth of their child, they are sending a clear singly their union will take place because they want to, not because they were forced by circumstances.

And thirdly, a decision like that should be made only by the couple and for reasons they see fit. They made the choice to marry after their child is born and that should be respected.

Well it was a shotgun wedding, so to speak, when Andrea's parents married. I believe Caroline was in her second trimester with Andrea, was she not?

Last edited by a moderator:
But it wasn't a forced marriage, she was really in love with Stefano and he with her; they would have married even if Caroline hadn't get pregnant. I am sure it's the same with their firstborn and his sweetheart, giving that they have been together for seven years.

Last edited:
Gee, you make it sound like Andrea already has a death sentence hanging over his head.
I'm sure Andrea and Tatiana will get around to marry each other, but I quite frankly understand why they wont do it right now with Tatiana being that pregnant. I agree that it would have been nice if the boy had been born after they had married, but it's not the case right now and it sure would seem too hasty if they got married right before he's born.

They could have the civil ceremony now, but in the last few years the Catholic Church has refused a Catholic marriage until after a baby is born. The reason being it should not be a 'shotgun' wedding. It should be a wanted choice. Too many people were asking for annulments on the grounds they were forced to marry.

Scooter you say Charlene is ready to "spit too." Does that mean split?

A civil wedding would be an insurance policy, nothing more, but insurance can be important.
My son and his wife, when courting, each wanted to be sure the other could achieve pregnancy, so they set about trying to get her pregnant, which happened immediately.
And they had a civil wedding immediately so that the child would be protected by insurance (maybe insurance is not as important for wealthy royals). Then they had a "public" wedding (not a religious one, since they are agnostics) but they invited their friends to a party for the later wedding, which occurred when the wife was four months pregnant.
Anyone can die at any moment, and "insurance" is therefore useful. Would a civil wedding be enough to ensure that Baby Boy Casiraghi is in line to the throne, or does it have to be a religious wedding? If I were them, and a religious wedding is not allowed during pregnancy, I would petition the Pope for a waiver of this rule and have a religious wedding now. They can always have a "party" for royals, friends, and relatives later. Andrea probably will not die in the next months, but I wouldn't take a chance if they are concerned about an heir. Maybe they are not! There are two more Casiraghi's who could produce a male heir.

Would a civil wedding be enough to ensure that Baby Boy Casiraghi is in line to the throne, or does it have to be a religious wedding? QUOTE]
A civil ceremoney is the only legal marriage in Monaco and all that is required in order to be legitimate and in the line of succession. Caroline's 2nd and 3rd marriages were civil marriages and the children of those marriages are in the line of succession. Both of Stephanies marriages were civil marriages and the children from her first marriage are in the line of succession even though they were born before their parents wedding.

A civil wedding would be an insurance policy, nothing more, but insurance can be important.
My son and his wife, when courting, each wanted to be sure the other could achieve pregnancy, so they set about trying to get her pregnant, which happened immediately.
And they had a civil wedding immediately so that the child would be protected by insurance (maybe insurance is not as important for wealthy royals). Then they had a "public" wedding (not a religious one, since they are agnostics) but they invited their friends to a party for the later wedding, which occurred when the wife was four months pregnant.
Anyone can die at any moment, and "insurance" is therefore useful. Would a civil wedding be enough to ensure that Baby Boy Casiraghi is in line to the throne, or does it have to be a religious wedding? If I were them, and a religious wedding is not allowed during pregnancy, I would petition the Pope for a waiver of this rule and have a religious wedding now. They can always have a "party" for royals, friends, and relatives later. Andrea probably will not die in the next months, but I wouldn't take a chance if they are concerned about an heir. Maybe they are not! There are two more Casiraghi's who could produce a male heir.
No Dear Mariel, I meant 'mad enough to spit' because Charlene had a long and winding road to the altar with Albert. I am sure the need for a legitimate heir played a factor in getting the reluctant mustang with muliple illegitimate offspring into the corral. Trust me when I tell you, it's WAY harder to get pregnant in you late 30s than early 20s.

Scooter, that's funny about getting the mustang into the corral. In my son's case, when he married, both he and his intended were 40 years old and both were hot to trot to the maternity ward, so much so that they would have married others if either proved infertile (I know, not very romantic, I wouldn't have done it that way myself, being a romantic).
They must have conceived the first time they did not use birth control, proving that it's not always the age (within reason) that counts in fertility. And they did it again two years later, and could have probably done it relatively indefinitely had they wanted more than two at their "advanced ages". My great grandmother had twins at 52, so maybe it runs in the family. But of course, Scooter statistics are on your side with what you say. That is another reason I think it's unwise for the Cambridges to put off having a baby. Time for the Duchess to stop thinking about her model-thin figure and produce the heir!
Artemesia, thanks for telling me about the legal situation concerning heirs in Monaco.

They could have the civil ceremony now, but in the last few years the Catholic Church has refused a Catholic marriage until after a baby is born. The reason being it should not be a 'shotgun' wedding. It should be a wanted choice. Too many people were asking for annulments on the grounds they were forced to marry.

I never heard of such a thing. The catholic church does not refuse marriage on such grounds.

And they had a civil wedding immediately so that the child would be protected by insurance (maybe insurance is not as important for wealthy royals). .

Hi Mariel, I don't understand what you mean by "insurance". A baby is equaliy protected/unprotected whether her parents are married or not. What do you mean by "insurance policy" here?

I agree with you about fertility, though. A woman is less fertile in her 30's than in her 20's, yes, but the decrease in fertily is very very small. If you have no problems conceiving, you'll get pregnant with equal facility at 25 than 35.
(..)

And as for Andrea and Tatiana - after the birth they simply will go together to register a child in the office, in order for Andrea to officially recognize it, and all paternal right are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom