The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I wonder why they don't go ahead and have the legal civil marriage ceremony ahead of the birth so the child will be born legit? It could be a small private affair at the palace in Monaco. They could still have any religious ceremony at a later date if that is what they want, but it would be nice for a prospective heir to be born to a legally married couple.
I agree with this and was wondering the same.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wondered the same thing earlier. Just make things easier down the road when the baby is born, wouldn't it?

Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

hippie name?? im curious...what are the hippie names? for real Flower?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations! Great news!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

For a girl I suggest Grace Caroline Tatjana Casiraghi.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I wonder why they don't go ahead and have the legal civil marriage ceremony ahead of the birth so the child will be born legit? It could be a small private affair at the palace in Monaco. They could still have any religious ceremony at a later date if that is what they want, but it would be nice for a prospective heir to be born to a legally married couple.

don't they have to married for for the baby to be a "legal" heir?

This article says the baby is heir to the throne but if his parents aren't married when he/she is born, then doesn't that make it impossible for him/her to be heir, like Albert's two other children? Or is different because they will marry?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

the baby will be born ilegimate because he/she was born out-of-wedlock (i think its the right spelling), but if both parents marry, then he will be legimate, like it happened with Louis and Tessy, and i think Princess Charlotte was same or was her father, Ranier's Grandfather.
once i read that if Albert was to marry one of his kids mothers, then the child of the mother who'd marry him will be turn legimate and have right to the throne. in the end this didnt happened and he married Charlene.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post

This article says the baby is heir to the throne but if his parents aren't married when he/she is born, then doesn't that make it impossible for him/her to be heir, like Albert's two other children? Or is different because they will marry?
The baby will be a legitimate heir when the parents marry. That´s what the constitution states.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
hippie name?? im curious...what are the hippie names? for real Flower?
Bronx Mowgli, Bear, Apple, Moses, Helikopter Inspektor. You name it. (and these names are legit)

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more unisex name.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post

If Tatiana and Andrea marry at a later date, after the birth, the child while born out of wedlock will be legally legitimized and be in the line of succession. I just dont understand why they dont do the civil marriage beforehand. It could be quickly and easily arranged and done in private and than later after the birth they could have a religious service. Caroline went to both her 2nd and 3rd marriages with a bun in the oven, she did not wait until they were born to wed.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if the baby will be born in Monaco?

There hasn't been an Honore in the family for a while.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wouldn't Marguerite be a cute name for a baby girl? Besides, it's one of Caroline's names and it was Grace Kelly's mother's name (Margaret).

Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

There will be a great interest in this child as it could possibly be the ruler of Monaco one day. Andrea and his wife to be are seeming ever more likely to be elevated to princely status in the future which is something I never ever thought could happen once PA married. I would much prefer to see Charlene have an heir but Tatiana herself must be aware that her life with Andrea may turn out vastly different to what she may have anticipated when they first met. It's all very interesting.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
The baby will be a legitimate heir when the parents marry. That´s what the constitution states.
Exactly.

Of course, by civil modern law it doesn't matter at all whether the parents or a child are married or not. The concept of illegitimate children is extinguished, it is something that simply doesn't exist anymore for the law.

Now, it is different if we are talking about royals, princes and such. Then, theoretically a child has to be "legitimate" to inherit the trone. But it doesn't matter whether the baby is born before or after the marriage. Once the parents get married the baby is legitimated.
It's been like that since the middle ages!

Quote:
I just dont understand why they dont do the civil marriage beforehand. It could be quickly and easily arranged and done in private and than later after the birth they could have a religious service.
It wouldn't have any sense. By civil law there isn't such a thing as legitimate or illegitimate children. A child has exactly the same rights whether his parents are married or not, so a civil marriage has no sense.

Laws were different years ago. When Caroline had her civil wedding with Stefano, a father didn't have the same rights if he wasn't married to the mother. But nowadays it makes absolutely no difference, legally speaking, whether the parents are married or not.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Bronx Mowgli, Bear, Apple, Moses, Helikopter Inspektor. You name it. (and these names are legit)

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a more unisex name.
Bronx, i think that Ashlee Simpson son. as for Apple and Moses i think they're Gwyneth Paltrow kids. i didnt know these were hippie names, but all hilarious and funny, but heck Bear? Helikopter Inspektor? i would feel ashamed for life if i had those names.

unisex? i totally agree, Taylor? Hayden? im not sure if these are hippie names, but i guess they're not, and they arent even french names.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Serene Highness

is it true all of these people smoke, including Caroline? Maybe that is why she looks old beyond her chronological age (which was apparent at the wedding in Luxembourg, especially in pictures at the cathedral. It is too bad these young people can't drop the smoking, even for having a baby. I dropped smoking long long ago when I nearly passed out and I never smoked another cigarette. Sometimes it takes a shock.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
It wouldn't have any sense. By civil law there isn't such a thing as legitimate or illegitimate children. A child has exactly the same rights whether his parents are married or not, so a civil marriage has no sense.

Laws were different years ago. When Caroline had her civil wedding with Stefano, a father didn't have the same rights if he wasn't married to the mother. But nowadays it makes absolutely no difference, legally speaking, whether the parents are married or not.
Difference of opinion I guess. Personally if it was within my power I would prefer my children not be born bastards even if they would later be legitimated with marriage. Since they have already announced their intention to marry, why delay it? Why not marry now and have your child be born legitimate and in line to the throne, instead of waiting until after it is born to marry? Why have the kid tagged with the line, "born x months before its parents later marriage" every time it is written about.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Difference of opinion I guess. Personally if it was within my power I would prefer my children not be born bastards even if they would later be legitimated with marriage. Since they have already announced their intention to marry, why delay it? Why not marry now and have your child be born legitimate and in line to the throne, instead of waiting until after it is born to marry? Why have the kid tagged with the line, "born x months before its parents later marriage" every time it is written about.
Because it honestly doesn't matter to just about anyone any more. It's seriously just not a big deal.

Also, their child will still be in line to the throne once they marry.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Because they do with their lives as they please? Because they are not as prudish as you? It is their marriage, not yours. It is you who see a scandal in having child out of wedlock, not them. Even if you don´t state it, it is implicit.

Btw, who use that ugly word bastard nowadays!!!!??
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana

Because they do with their lives as they please? Because they are not as prudish as you? It is their marriage, not yours. It is you who see a scandal in having child out of wedlock, not them. Even if you don´t state it, it is implicit.

Btw, who use that ugly word bastard nowadays!!!!??
Loads of people use the word 'bastard' nowadays, either in context of an illegitimate child of just the general use of the word in a derogatory manner.
Having a child out of wed lock isn't as much as a scandal nowadays, but it still causes a stir in certain circles. Look at Albert.