The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,030
I remember that in Fall 2012 she was thought to be due in January. It is almost March.
Deliberate obfuscation, I suppose, as it to defy the public as idiots. And we are perhaps idiots to care about which month she is due? She did not look 9 months pregnant in the recent pictures in Brazil posted here. Mainly, she looked wide and overweight...very strange. There have been cases of people who thought they were pregnant and were not, like Queen Mary in the 17th century. But probably she will eventually give birth. But not near her fiance, Andrea? Wandering around in an advanced state of pregnancy is unseemly.
__________________

__________________
  #222  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
^^^^^
At just what month in a pregnancy do you expect women to go into seclusion and hide themselves away from pubic view so as not to be "unseemly".
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 898
I don't think seclusion is necessary but modesty wouldn't hurt any.

LaRae
__________________
  #224  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Emmeram, Germany
Posts: 751
She should also have a lowered gaze and smile very shy.
I really liked how she was so relaxed and never hid herself because she is pregnant.
__________________
  #225  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Yes. She should also wear a burka, and walk two steps behind Andrea :-P

I don't know from which century you come from Pranter and Mariel, but normal pregnant women do not only wander around but also work and party and you know keep livin in public until their delivery.

Modesty???!!! What is it that is so shameful in a pregnancy that she has to hide herself? As a woman I feel insulted by both your posts.
__________________
  #226  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Yes. She should also wear a burka, and walk two steps behind Andrea :-P

I don't know from which century you come from Pranter and Mariel, but normal pregnant women do not only wander around but also work and party and you know keep livin in public until their delivery.

Modesty???!!! What is it that is so shameful in a pregnancy that she has to hide herself? As a woman I feel insulted by both your posts.
Yea, I think the idea that a pregnant woman shouldn't be seen is honestly a bit demented and weird.
__________________
  #227  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 833
Didn't we all think that she was pregnant when their marriage was announced back in july?
Seeing the baby hasn't arrived yet, she couldn't have been pregnant long at that time..
__________________
  #228  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Well,some women gain more weight than others.My mother who is quite slim gained 20kg during each pregnancy and looked huge while a friend of mine still looked slender (just a little bump which could have been interpreted as chubbyness)before giving birth and delivered a healthy baby.

I also think that pregnant women should move and behave as they usually do-why shouldn´t they enjoy the time they are waiting for their baby and also share their baby-luck with others?
About dressing-I like the way Nathalie Portman,Julia Roberts and Heidi Klum dressed during their pregnancy-elegant,practical & simple.The belly under a beautiful fabric but still you could see they were expecting-very nice and decent.I don´t like when the naked belly is hanging out from under a shirt(just like I don´t like to see bellybuttons of not pregnant women or see their stringtanga every time they turn around)
Shakira even gave a concert (danceing & singing) in Baku with her baby bump and Donna Karan was said to have worked up to the last hours before the delivery so there really is no reason to seclude yourself from society when you are expecting.Of course you should not overwork or carry heavy things,but moderate action and movements are alright.
__________________
  #229  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
I remember that in Fall 2012 she was thought to be due in January. It is almost March.
Deliberate obfuscation, I suppose, as it to defy the public as idiots. And we are perhaps idiots to care about which month she is due? She did not look 9 months pregnant in the recent pictures in Brazil posted here. Mainly, she looked wide and overweight...very strange. There have been cases of people who thought they were pregnant and were not, like Queen Mary in the 17th century. But probably she will eventually give birth. But not near her fiance, Andrea? Wandering around in an advanced state of pregnancy is unseemly.

Well, i don't know about you dear TRF friends, but to me it seems that she's been pregnant forever... To me, this seems to be the longest pregnancy in the history of motherhood!!!
__________________
  #230  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Yea, I think the idea that a pregnant woman shouldn't be seen is honestly a bit demented and weird.
It reminds me of the attitude many Daily Mail commenters have towards pregnant women in bikini's.

Get with the times people.
__________________
  #231  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Yes. She should also wear a burka, and walk two steps behind Andrea :-P

I don't know from which century you come from Pranter and Mariel, but normal pregnant women do not only wander around but also work and party and you know keep livin in public until their delivery.

Modesty???!!! What is it that is so shameful in a pregnancy that she has to hide herself? As a woman I feel insulted by both your posts.

I come from the same century as you do we just have differing views on morals.

I have no issue with pregnant women being in public at any time, I just think women (pregnant or not) need to be more modest in their clothing.

I know it's the trend to walk around half naked and display one's self (and women wonder why they are objectified) I just don't happen to think it's right.


LaRae
__________________
  #232  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,906
I actually think Tatiana tends to dress very modest if modesty is about not showing one's body.

We're all a bit excited about the baby arrival, aren't we? We were thinking the baby would be born in January because some magazines told us about it right? Was it Tatiana who said it? In a link posted a few posts ago, it says it will be born in March. I guess that's the right date.

The first confirmation we had about Tatiana being pregnant was when she received that award in Madrid. Remember the pics here:
http://realeza.blogs.sapo.pt/689999.html
It was early November. Her belly was perfectly visible in the first set of pics, with a "tight" dress but in the second set of pics anyone could have doubts about whether she was pregnant or not. If she was to give birth in January she was 6 (if late january) or 7(if early january) in november. I don't think that was the case. If she's to give birth in March she was 5(if early march) or 4(if late march).

EDIT: The first time we were induced to think Tatiana was pregnant was in mid July when they were photographed in Monaco
http://realeza.blogs.sapo.pt/597265.html
Tatiana seems to have a belly there and since they had just announced their engagement, everyone thought she was pregnant, I think.
It's likely that she was pregnant then, but only one or two months, not enought to be showing a bump just yet, right?

Remember that Tatiana was never a slim woman, she always had some weight and even a bit belly as well as her weight seems to flutuate a bit, tought it doesn't show so much because she "hides" it in her hippie clothes. Also, some woman have naturally a more prominent belly than others and could easily be mistaken by early pregnancies sometimes (I know, that happens to me, unfortunately). Tatiana seems to be the case.
So the pregnancy doesn't seem to last forever, it's just that when we first saw a bump, there was no pregnancy bump yet, so we were mislead.
__________________
  #233  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I come from the same century as you do we just have differing views on morals.

I have no issue with pregnant women being in public at any time, I just think women (pregnant or not) need to be more modest in their clothing.

I know it's the trend to walk around half naked and display one's self (and women wonder why they are objectified) I just don't happen to think it's right.


LaRae
Women are not objectified because of what they wear. Women are objectified because someone chooses to consider their body instead of their whole person. I get so unbelievably sick of the backwards puritan views of women's bodies that I see repeated regularly- that unless women meet some totally arbitrary standard of what is "modest" (Which varies greatly across cultures) that it's ok to judge, shame, or criticize.

It's not something men ever face- it's very sexist and I really hate seeing women perpetuate it against other women. And as far as I'm concerned, it's got almost nothing to do with morality- I don't see how a piece of clothing can be moral or immoral. I judge morality on whether or not someone is kind to others, honest, shows integrity in their dealings, and tries to do good in the world- not ever on what someone wears.

Getting off topic, so I should stop now, but that attitude just makes me fume.


__________________
  #234  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 2,490
March seems about right to me too. We are so used to seeing these skinny pregnant women who don't show until the 4th month, etc.Tatiana was never skinny and she's obviously put on a lot of non-baby weight which many women do.
In the early November picture she seems about 5 months along to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
March seems about right to me too. We are so used to seeing these skinny pregnant women who don't show until the 4th month, etc.Tatiana was never skinny and she's obviously put on a lot of non-baby weight which many women do.
In the early November picture she seems about 5 months along to me.
Anyway, March is in a few days
__________________
  #235  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Ready4Royalty's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 48
I guess it's obvious now that the January/February due date rumors were just hearsay. Where did they originate anyway? There was never any sort of confirmed timeline for this pregnancy. Even in November at the Telva Awards (our first actual pregnancy confirmation) they were saying she was 6 months. But that was obviously not so. I keep having to separate common sense from all the rumors...

A March due date sounds about right. That would've put her getting pregnant in June or so and finding out in about July. And July is when the engagement was announced.
  #236  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4Royalty View Post
I guess it's obvious now that the January/February due date rumors were just hearsay. Where did they originate anyway? There was never any sort of confirmed timeline for this pregnancy. Even in November at the Telva Awards (our first actual pregnancy confirmation) they were saying she was 6 months. But that was obviously not so. I keep having to separate common sense from all the rumors...

A March due date sounds about right. That would've put her getting pregnant in June or so and finding out in about July. And July is when the engagement was announced.
It's also her first baby- it could be late by as much as a week or two. If she has the baby in the next few days, I'll say that the rumors weren't far off target.
__________________
  #237  
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,469
This pregnancy has clearly gone on long enough. Someone start boiling water and pass me a forceps!
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #238  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,030
My objection to her wandering around was not to her being seen in public. It was to her going to England to a birthday party in an advanced state of pregnancy. And going to Brazil in a fairly advanced state of pregnancy. Anyone with experience knows that this is dangerous. In the last few months, a woman needs to stay fairly near her doctor in case of emergency. There are all kinds of emergencies, such as Placenta Previa, which killed Charlotte, the heir to the throne of England. Placenta Previa can be addressed usually by caesarian, no other way. And sometimes it can be a fast emergency. A woman is healthy, doing well, and they may not know she has Placenta Previa.

I did not object to her being seen in public. Certainly I myself was seen plenty in public when I was pregnant. I had no idea what how difficult childbirth could be, just waltzing around feeling great, after recovering from Hyperemesis Gravidus, just as Kate has recovered. But I was unconscious for ten hours during labor because they gave me that hormone which induces labor, which I reacted to with unconsciousness. I picked my doctor because he didn't use a lot of drugs, and I had no forgetfulness drug (popular at that time) nor any anesthetic other than one shot of demerol. So they told me; I wasn't there until they woke me up forcefully at delivery. This is just one thing which can happen, there are many.
__________________
  #239  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
My objection to her wandering around was not to her being seen in public. It was to her going to England to a birthday party in an advanced state of pregnancy. And going to Brazil in a fairly advanced state of pregnancy. Anyone with experience knows that this is dangerous. In the last few months, a woman needs to stay fairly near her doctor in case of emergency. There are all kinds of emergencies, such as Placenta Previa, which killed Charlotte, the heir to the throne of England. Placenta Previa can be addressed usually by caesarian, no other way. And sometimes it can be a fast emergency. A woman is healthy, doing well, and they may not know she has Placenta Previa.
.
You have no idea how her doctors are advising her, how far along she is, how high risk her pregnancy is- anything. It's all speculation. Also? Tatiana is very, very wealthy. There's a fair chance she's traveling by private plane with a doctor on board, and that medical arrangements in whatever country she's visiting have been arranged in case of emergency. With wealth comes a lot of freedom of movement and options.
__________________
  #240  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Ready4Royalty's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 48
@HRHHermione Thanks so much for saying that. We have no idea how far along she is, so "advanced state of pregnancy" doesn't really mean anything to us at this point. Everyone thought she was about to pop on New Year's because of her size, when she wasn't as far along as we thought. The bottom line is that we aren't privy to the details of this pregnancy so I'm trying to refrain from passing judgment with so little information. If this pregnancy has taught me anything, it's to stop assuming so much and just wait it out.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana Santo Domingo & Family Current Events Part 15 iceflower Princess Caroline and Family 751 07-09-2014 04:36 AM
Engagement of Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo; 2 July 2012 Nathalie Cox Princess Caroline and Family 259 09-05-2013 06:47 PM
Royal Engagements Announcements 2012 MAfan Royal Milestones 16 12-19-2012 10:46 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge style fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympic games ottoman poland pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince laurent prince maurits princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]