Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo expecting first child for 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't jinx it! :p

If the baby is born this month, then that should mean she got pregnant approximately in late May/early June (on vacation in Antibes?) & found out in July or so (when the engagement was announced). So that makes sense, right?

Sorry if this is too speculative or whatever, I'm pretty much just agreeing with you that it should be soon! But hey, what do we know?

The palace (Prince Albert's side of things) does not and has never commented on the Casiraghi's because they are not members of the princely family.

Why is that? isn't Andrea third in line to the thrown as things are now?
So this baby has every chance of becoming fourth in line... right? (if the parents get married in the future)

Why is that? isn't Andrea third in line to the thrown as things are now?
So this baby has every chance of becoming fourth in line... right? (if the parents get married in the future)

Current members of the Monaco family are just Albert, Charlene, Stephanie and Caroline. Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte their cousins etc are counted as 'extended' members. Andrea is currently second in line, however the child won't be third if it's born out of wedlock.

Andrea does not belong to princely family.Beside his being second (after princess Caroline) in line to the thrown, he is just commoner.

Current members of the Monaco family are just Albert, Charlene, Stephanie and Caroline. Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte their cousins etc are counted as 'extended' members. Andrea is currently second in line, however the child won't be third if it's born out of wedlock.

The child will be third in line when Andrea & Tatiana marry (before or after the birth). It being born "out-of-wedlock" won't affect it's positioning as long as they marry at some point in their lives.

The child will be third in line when Andrea & Tatiana marry (before or after the birth). It being born "out-of-wedlock" won't affect it's positioning as long as they marry at some point in their lives.

If the child is born before they marry, it won't be in line for the throne until it's parents marry. Which is exactly what I said.

If the child is born before they marry, it won't be in line for the throne until it's parents marry. Which is exactly what I said.

Apologies, I misunderstood you! I thought you meant that it couldn't ever be 3rd if it was born out-of-wedlock, which is a common misconception. I can't even recall how many times it has had to be explained on this board alone!

and it's what i said (just had the number wrong), so when you replied to my post it seemed like you were disagreeing... :flowers:

when will they have this baby already...:bounce:

I think we're all a little "on edge" waiting for this kid to arrive... I can only imagine how the parents must be feeling!

I think we're all a little "on edge" waiting for this kid to arrive... I can only imagine how the parents must be feeling!

I don'think parents are on the edge! They know for sure when Tatiana is due, WE just make presomptions

I wonder if the baby is already born and not announced. After all, the pregnancy was never officially announced et was supposed a private event.

She was due in January, it is now almost the middle of March. Either she's had the baby, and nobody's told us or the due date of January was a lie. I think it silly for Caroline to confirm the pregnancy yet not to confirm the birth if it's happened.

No "official" due date was ever given, it was all just a guesswork on our behalf.
As for the baby potentially having already been born, I believe it has been confirmed that when the baby is born, the Court will announce it.

No "official" due date was ever given, it was all just a guesswork on our behalf.
As for the baby potentially having already been born, I believe it has been confirmed that when the baby is born, the Court will announce it.

She was six months pregnant in November according to Tatiana herself. Middle of march makes her WELL overdue IMO. The Paris Match blog that annouced Princess Caroline's confirmation says nothing of her annoucing the birth. Casiraghi issues are not dealt with by Albert's court.

I agree with both Rominet09 and Lumutqueen. Press all over the world is starting to speculate that this baby is already born. On the other hand, for as much as the Casiraghis are " private " persons, that's not exactly so. They weren't private when they were born and presented to the monegasques, they weren't private when they appeared on the palace balcony on National Day, when they were growing up, when the monegasque Constitution was modified to allow Andrea to inherit the throne... Yes, it's silly not to announce a fact that sooner or later will impose itself as obvious ( do they think they'll be able to hide the child till he'll be 21 and join the army???? ) and it's somewhat desrespectful towards the monegasques who, over the years, always pledge their loyalty and affection towards the Grimaldi family, most especially towards P. Caroline and her children ( the Princess herself said in 1985 in an interview she gave to Barbara Walters " it's like a big family here in Monaco "... )...

The Casiraghis aren't exactly private, but Tatiana is not a Casiraghi (yet). Even though she and Andrea are engaged, as of now Tatiana and the baby have essentially no status in Monaco. Therefore (in my opinion) she doesn't owe the public anything.

Also, we have no idea how the birth went, if it has indeed happened. Even a normal birth takes time to get over, in addition to learning how to feed and care for the child. If I were Tatiana I would want to hide away as long as possible, to reduce the public pressure on her and the baby.

I don't think anyone is applying pressure to Tatiana and the baby. I think everyone is just waiting for the announcement of the baby's birth or at least want to know how the mother and unborn baby is doing? I think it's pretty fair to want some answers on how's everything is going.

The Casiraghis aren't exactly private, but Tatiana is not a Casiraghi (yet). Even though she and Andrea are engaged, as of now Tatiana and the baby have essentially no status in Monaco. Therefore (in my opinion) she doesn't owe the public anything.

Also, we have no idea how the birth went, if it has indeed happened. Even a normal birth takes time to get over, in addition to learning how to feed and care for the child. If I were Tatiana I would want to hide away as long as possible, to reduce the public pressure on her and the baby.

If Tatiana wanted that then she shouldn't have allowed Caroline to confirm either the engagement or the pregnancy and Tatiana shouldn't have given us a timeline. Tatiana doesn't seem all that private and marrying a Casiraghi and potentially giving birth to a Monaco heir is serious.

I don't think anyone is applying pressure to Tatiana and the baby. I think everyone is just waiting for the announcement of the baby's birth or at least want to know how the mother and unborn baby is doing? I think it's pretty fair to want some answers on how's everything is going.

Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The comments I've read on this board over the last 24 hours seem to be full of pressure. If Tatiana was Mrs. Andrea Casiraghi already, I'd feel differently.

For some reason, I kind of feel that the baby was born already...

We can only hope, that everything is ok with her and the baby, and this silence means nothing bad...

She was six months pregnant in November according to Tatiana herself. Middle of march makes her WELL overdue IMO. The Paris Match blog that annouced Princess Caroline's confirmation says nothing of her annoucing the birth. Casiraghi issues are not dealt with by Albert's court.

Tatiana never gave us a timeline. All she said to La Voz Libre was something like "Yes, I am expecting a child. I am pregnant". The 6 months/January things were all speculation from the press.

Barbara Lorenzi of the palace's press office said to a Norwegian newspaper that a press statement would announce the baby's birth. That doesn't necessarily mean Prince Albert will have anything to do with it. Caroline's business is still handled through the palace, as well. It won't be an "official statement" from the Prince, but a press statement from Caroline like the engagement.:flowers:

Tatiana never gave us a timeline. All she said to La Voz Libre was something like "Yes, I am expecting a child. I am pregnant". The 6 months/January things were all speculation from the press.

Every article I have read says that Tatiana confirmed she was 6 month pregnant at the time, and she certainly looked it.

Barbara Lorenzi of the palace's press office said to a Norwegian newspaper that a press statement would announce the baby's birth. That doesn't necessarily mean Prince Albert will have anything to do with it. Caroline's business is still handled through the palace, as well. It won't be an "official statement" from the Prince, but a press statement from Caroline like the engagement.:flowers:

Which is exactly what I meant by
Casiraghi issues are not dealt with by Albert's court.

Maybe she is pregnant with twins that we don't know about? Well, that would explain the delay and her huge bump in November.

I never understood how the six months in November came into scene. The quotes from Tatiana both in La Voz Libre and Hola!, the original articles that confirmed the pregnancy in the Madrid party, are "Yes, I'm expecting a baby. I'm pregnant". Nothing about the time or due date in the quotes, so no official confirmation from her about it.
But at the same time both articles talk about 6 months with a lot of certainty, not giving the idea that it was speculation, which sounds like Tatiana confirmed it during the party even if not directly to the journalists.

I remenber the six months thing, but from speculating articles, not official statements. But she did look huge in November, that's why its so suspicious about the wait in the annoucement of the birth.

Didn't twins born earlier than the full nine months?
Not exactly true, though it happens sometimes when the first pregnacy are twins, but when is the second or more, the babies are usually born at nine months, CP Mary had her twins at a full nine months and natural birth.
But Tatiana could very much endure until the end, depends on the size of the babys and the mother herself.

I never understood how the six months in November came into scene. The quotes from Tatiana both in La Voz Libre and Hola!, the original articles that confirmed the pregnancy in the Madrid party, are "Yes, I'm expecting a baby. I'm pregnant". Nothing about the time or due date in the quotes, so no official confirmation from her about it.
But at the same time both articles talk about 6 months with a lot of certainty, not giving the idea that it was speculation, which sounds like Tatiana confirmed it during the party even if not directly to the journalists.

Yeah, I thought that too until I began seeing other articles saying she was 4 months along. I've even seen some that said 5 months. It seems like they were just guessing due to her size and once one paper reports it, they all run with it.

Here is the article from La Voz Libre that shows Tatiana's direct quote. Tatiana Santo Domingo embarazada, Carolina de Mónaco será abuela
The 6 months thing is mentioned in the next paragraph and it says her due date is in January. To me, we can just throw that whole paragraph out the window because we've seen Tatiana in public a couple times since January. They probably just counted 3 months from November (when she was supposedly 6 months) and came up with January.

Btw, I'm Jess! I just realized I haven't even introduced myself :)

Judging by the pictures in Brasil, Tatiana's belly was well into her 6 month.I think the baby is going to be born in a matter of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom