The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I agree with you Mart91charmed... We must wait and see. I agree that India is a cool, hippy, original, unusual name and, if she were the daughter of an hippy couple ( oh, well... ) i could go along with the name. But, somehow i think the baby, belonging to such a tradicional family, should have a more convencional name. But, anyway, India can be just a nickname as Sasha is... I don't know... Nothing like wait and see!!!
Well, one thing is for sure ; if the little girl's name is indeed India, it certainly is related to the style of her mother Tatiana!

Old 04-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Is't it a real name India? I remember it was a little British aristocrat, maid of honor in the wedding of Pcs of Wales with lady Diana Spencer. Later she become fashion designer. She was called India.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Yes, she was Lady India Hicks and I think she is a descendant of Churchill?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Is't it a real name India? I remember it was a little British aristocrat, maid of honor in the wedding of Pcs of Wales with lady Diana Spencer. Later she become fashion designer. She was called India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

India Hicks is the daughter of Lady Pamela Mountbatten and David Hicks. Her grandfather was Lord Louis Mountbatten whose mother Victoria of Hesse was the granddaughter of Queen Victoria and the sister of the last empress of Russia Alexandra Feodorovna. No Churchill connection though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
she never was a "lady". her mother is lady pamela hicks.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
So, after Afra (African) Casiraghi, Andrea's cousin, now we have also India.
What's next? America? Italia? France? Joking, of course.

Congrats to the happy family!

Afra Casiraghi's real name is actually Chiara.
Chiara Afra Casiraghi. She's a lawyer and on the Milan's lawyers roster she's listed as such.

India.....well I remember a spiteful character from Gone with the wind who was named India, she was Ashley Wilkes' sister.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Well..There's America Ferrera ahah. Kidding here
Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
India Hicks is the daughter of Lady Pamela Mountbatten and David Hicks. Her grandfather was Lord Louis Mountbatten whose mother Victoria of Hesse was the granddaughter of Queen Victoria and the sister of the last empress of Russia Alexandra Feodorovna. No Churchill connection though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Mountbatten...that's right! Should have had my morning coffee before attempting to answer..thanks!
Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Actually America, France, and Italia are all legitimate names. Italia is used in your own country, check the stats. And according to French government stats the name France has been used almost 30,000 times since 1900.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:24 AM
Administrator

Here are a few scans I've made (see my post on page 2 of this thread)

** Departure ** Proud grandmothers ** Caroline and Sacha **
Old 04-17-2015, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you again Iceflower Do you know when the pictures were taken?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:

I suppose Europa would be nice, after the Phoenician lady abducted by Zeus. India was a popular name among the hip & trendy in the Netherlands 10-15 years ago so I do not find the name all that shocking, esp. compared to some of the atrocities people use these days for their poor offspring. Still, I don't particularly like the name either, but obviously the parents do.

Pss Caroline seems to be beaming with joy.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

India is an average name, I do not feel neither pleased nor shocked with. But maybe the name "talks" to the parents.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thank you again Iceflower Do you know when the pictures were taken?
According to the article Tatiana and the baby left the hospital one day after the birth, so depending on when exactly on Sunday the baby was born some pics could be from Sunday or Monday and the departure pics could be from Monday or Tuesday (morning)
Old 04-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Cute seeing Sasha visiting mom and new sister
Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Such lovely news. I really like the name. I think that it goes well with Casiraghi.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

What does it matter what Tati and Andrea name their children? There is very little chance these children will inherit the Monaco throne so they won't be called Princess or Prince. I'm not at all surprised that Tatiana named her girl India. It's different but not unheard of. I was more shocked that Charlene and Albert named their heir Jacques. It just doesn't sound "princely" to me. Caroline looks totally happy to have a new baby in the family and Sascha is the cutest. Thanks for the photos.

By the way, I had to come here to learn the baby's name since there is zero news of this birth in the States. Not a surprise really since every news organization is waiting for the IMPORTANT birth coming up.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
What does it matter what Tati and Andrea name their children? There is very little chance these children will inherit the Monaco throne so they won't be called Princess or Prince. I'm not at all surprised that Tatiana named her girl India. It's different but not unheard of. I was more shocked that Charlene and Albert named their heir Jacques. It just doesn't sound "princely" to me. Caroline looks totally happy to have a new baby in the family and Sascha is the cutest. Thanks for the photos.

By the way, I had to come here to learn the baby's name since there is zero news of this birth in the States. Not a surprise really since every news organization is waiting for the IMPORTANT birth coming up.
I learned about the birth and the name on nameberry so yes it's not out there if your not looking for it.

I think India is a lovely name.I agree if they are unlikely to inherit the throne it's not unusual to select a non royal or traditional name. Zara Phillips and her brother took a less traditional path too when naming their children.There are more choices if they don't go strictly traditional.

Whatever the case congrats to the family. I bet she will be a beauty
Old 04-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Andrea and Tatiana give the name they love to their daughter, it is the most important for them. he little one will not a princess of Monaco who will reign . At the first time, I did not like this name but now, I find it lovely. India Casiraghi is fine.

Albert and Charlene gave a royal name to Prince Jacques, it is a royal name in Monaco, there was a prince sovereign called Jacques 1, the hereditary prince will reign with the name of Jacques II
Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy

India sounds like one of the characters from "Gone with the wind"... not a pleasent one ;-) of course, doesn't matter. congrats!

Tags
andrea, andrea casiraghi, birth, casiraghi, tatiana casiraghi, tatiana santo domingo