A boy for Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo - February 28, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tbh it's the first time I have ever heard of the Italian version of Felix. But it fits somehow, I mean how can you not be lucky to be born to to these parents ;)

No kidding!!:lol:;)

And if the boy had to be called by that name I prefer the Italian "Felice"..."Felix" always remains me of the American classic cartoon Felix the Cat...

Last edited:
Congratulations Pierre and Beatrice. I hope the baby will be a source of joy and happiness in years to come.

I'm thinking Matilde's post on Instagram has been deleted... all I get is "not available"...

Congratulations to the couple on their new little boy, continuing the family tradition of boys first. And congrats to the entire family. I am sure all the grandparents are thrilled and anxious to meet him. And that Stefano is likely looking down very proudly.

Has the name been confirmed? And spelling ? I actually think it cute, even spelling. But I do notice the article it comes from, uses the Italian form of the family names, Alberto instead if Albert, Carlotta instead of Charlotte and Carolina instead if Caroline. It would be fitting, since they are both Italian, to use Felice but I am curious to see spelling confirmed.

The boys at least have more traditional names. Alexandre is one if Alberts middle names. Raphael is one of the middle names if count piere de polignac. I wonder if Felis comes from the borromeo or Cassiraghi tree some where.

Last edited:
Has the name been confirmed? And spelling ? I actually think it cute, even spelling. But I do notice the article it comes from, uses the Italian form of the family names, Alberto instead if Albert, Carlotta instead of Charlotte and Carolina instead if Caroline. It would be fitting, since they are both Italian, to use Felis but I am curious to see spelling confirmed.

Why would they use Felis? It's not a name in Italian. Felice and the variant form Felicio are the Italian forms.

Why would they use Felis? It's not a name in Italian. Felice and the variant form Felicio are the Italian forms.

My spell check at work, I obviously meant Felice as I was talking about the article.

My point is, is the name infact Felice? The magazine in question uses the Italian names even when incorrect. carlotta may be the Italian form of Charlotte, but her name is Charlotte. Same with Alberto and Carolina. My point do we know Felice is the legal spelling of his name or is the magazine using the Italian form like his aunt, grandmother and great uncle?

Philip. Felipe and Philippe are the same name, but

My spell check at work, I obviously meant Felice as I was talking about the article.

My point is, is the name infact Felice? The magazine in question uses the Italian names even when incorrect. carlotta may be the Italian form of Charlotte, but her name is Charlotte. Same with Alberto and Carolina. My point do we know Felice is the legal spelling of his name or is the magazine using the Italian form like his aunt, grandmother and great uncle?

Philip. Felipe and Philippe are the same name, but

Hola, does no use italian names. It's a spanish magazine and it use the spanish version of the grimaldi/casiraghi names.

But I think there is a general misunderstanding. The article does not say that the boy will be called Felice. It says that the parents thought about naming him Felice but apparently they have changed their minds.

Apparently she got annoyed that she got a lot of press-people on her instagram with all kinds of questions.
Her information was clearly meant for friends

And of course the baby an sich is a "gran feliz" (great happiness) for the parents.

And of course the baby an sich is a "gran feliz" (great happiness) for the parents.

Grande felicità=great happiness. Felice=happy/lucky.

trouble is that in the English speaking milieu, this name will be pronounced 'Phyllis'

Last edited:
Still no official communiqué from the Palace??? Or at least from P. Caroline???

:castle2:

:previous:I didn't really expect one. The Princess of Hanover's children consider themselves very much as private citizens.

I don't remember a formal announcement from the Palace for the births of Sasha, Raphael or India either but I could be wrong.

Great News. Congratulation to the parents and all the family!

No kidding!!:lol:;)

And if the boy had to be called by that name I prefer the Italian "Felice"..."Felix" always remains me of the American classic cartoon Felix the Cat...

Lool. Maybe it's a nod to Prince Felix of Luxembourg?

Apparently she got annoyed that she got a lot of press-people on her instagram with all kinds of questions.
Her information was clearly meant for friends

I respect that, but Beatrice gave birth to a grandchild of Princess Caroline. One has to unfortunately expect nosy press in this case.

Last edited:
:previous:

You know, that idea did cross my mind Furstin Taxis. Felix of Luxembourg is good friends with Pierre and they attended one anothers' weddings.;)

Maybe Felix will be godfather, or one of them?:whistling:

Lool. Maybe it's a nod to Prince Felix of Luxembourg?

I respect that, but Beatrice gave birth to a grandchild of Princess Caroline. One has to unfortunately expect nosy press in this case.

But to me it seemed more a break in into a private instagram
Several journalists asked Mathilde for an interview on her own private Instagram

I think only Sasha was announced

The births of Sasha and India were announced by Caroline without mentionning a name.

The birth and name of Raphaël was announced in a communiqué by the Palace.

I think none of the 3 announcements was done on the day itself.

The births of Sasha and India were announced by Caroline without mentionning a name.

The birth and name of Raphaël was announced in a communiqué by the Palace.

I think none of the 3 announcements was done on the day itself.

Two or three days later for Sasha and India. Caroline together with Tatiana's mother announced it

Gad and Charlotte released the birth announcement via the palace I believe.

So it's the same sort of communiqué than with Sasha and India, inname of the 2 grandmothers.
But in this case there is still a grandfather.

Maybe we'll have to wait again for Stephane Bern to tweet the name from the Rose Ball. That's how we got to know Sasha's name.

Last edited:
But to me it seemed more a break in into a private instagram
Several journalists asked Mathilde for an interview on her own private Instagram

If she felt harassed, then it's certainly her right to close it. Though making it private would also solved it. But anyway, I think her mind is now with her new nephew :flowers:

___

So it's Stefano? I feel for Pierre, he was only three when he lost his father :/
I know some say it's heavy loaded as a name for the baby, but I think it's an emotionale gesture.

:previous:

You know, that idea did cross my mind Furstin Taxis. Felix of Luxembourg is good friends with Pierre and they attended one anothers' weddings.;)

Maybe Felix will be godfather, or one of them?:whistling:

If it's indeed Stefano, I still can see Felix as godfather. Stefano Felice Casiraghi?

Back
Top Bottom