The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

I'm curious what faith the child will be brought up in. Does anyone know if Gad is a practicing Jew?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Nobility

Magazine Point de Vue, acheter Point de Vue PDF, télécharger magazine - Relay.com
special Issue

Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is that their baby's photo?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Is that their baby's photo?
No, that's Charlotte as a baby
Old 12-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I'm curious what faith the child will be brought up in. Does anyone know if Gad is a practicing Jew?

Not sure about Gad but I honestly couldn't imagine the child being brought up any way other than as a Catholic. Charlotte doesn't appear to be a devote Catholic, but she is a Catholic who takes communion so I'd think her child being Catholic would be important to her. And to HRH Princess Caroline!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Not sure about Gad but I honestly couldn't imagine the child being brought up any way other than as a Catholic. Charlotte doesn't appear to be a devote Catholic, but she is a Catholic who takes communion so I'd think her child being Catholic would be important to her. And to HRH Princess Caroline!
Princess Caroline's other daughter is protestant so I don t think it matters to her.
Léonard de Vinci
Old 12-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte and Gad have surely solved this religion "issue" before to have a baby. Since they decided to found a family, they do not have such supposed problems between them.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Charlotte and Gad have surely solved this religion "issue" before to have a baby. Since they decided to found a family, they do not have such supposed problems between them.
I didn't bring it up because I think it's a huge issue. I was just curious.

Also, you have no idea if it's an issue for them or what they have decided unless they have told you so personally.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post

Also, you have no idea if it's an issue for them or what they have decided unless they have told you so personally.
Of course we do not know, but what i said is that IN CASE it was an issue, the couple would have discussed it before.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Technically, for the child to be jewish, the mother must be jewish. Israel, under the right of return, will only legally agknowlege the child as jewish if mom is. So i would think the child will be raised catholic, assuming Charlotte is religious. I havent seen much evidence of that though.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, I think the baby was a (joyful) surprise and not "planned" or "decided".
However I like the name A lot! I prefer "classical names" and in my opinion it's a beautiful name compared to "Sacha".... I also think the baby was given this name not "by chance": Gad's eldest son is name Noe (Noah in english ) , a biblical name...

Some italian sites are reporting Charlotte just left the hospital... Maybe it's just gossip but if it was true I wonder why she stayed so long... Maybe a caesarian section... I think it's very unlikely though
Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Hmm, such news we heard a week ago (3-4 days after she gave birth), so i guess they were wrong/belated () or their post is old.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Of course we do not know, but what i said is that IN CASE it was an issue, the couple would have discussed it before.
Not necessarily! I know many people who get pregnant or get married and THEN fight over what religion their offspring will be. You cannot assume anything!

Diane
Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Technically, for the child to be jewish, the mother must be jewish. Israel, under the right of return, will only legally agknowlege the child as jewish if mom is. So i would think the child will be raised catholic, assuming Charlotte is religious. I havent seen much evidence of that though.
You bring up a good point.
How is Gad's other child raised? Is the mother Jewish?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Currently, she is the Clos St.Pierre .. the residence of Caroline in Monaco. There is well protected ... there is no better place.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:12 AM
Aristocracy

with or without Gad? It would be weird if she was now with her mother and without her partner. Charlotte and Gad are now a family
Old 01-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm surprised no blurry photos of Charlotte & Gad (with or without baby) have emerged yet... The photographer who gets to snap the first will make tons!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

This is very happy news congratulations for the couple! Raphael is Jewish-Moroccan now right?
Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Commoner

Yes, it's pretty weird we still haven't saw pictures of the baby.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
with or without Gad? It would be weird if she was now with her mother and without her partner. Charlotte and Gad are now a family

I guess he's with her. Why not?

Tags
birth, charlotte casiraghi, gad elmaleh