A boy for Charlotte Casiraghi and Gad Elmaleh: Raphaël - December 17, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Part of me was hoping that the little one would be born on what would have been Stephano and Caroline's 30th wedding anniversary...Dec29th.:whistling:

But ayyy...after seeing those last photos of Charlotte I am happy she didn't have to wait 2 more weeks to give birth!:eek: I wonder how much little Raphael weighed in at?

I must say I find it funny that so many assume the baby will take its father's name. Apparently, marriage was something they weren't interested in, so why would Charlotte want to have her baby's name different than hers?
Such a very old fashioned concept for a 21st century couple?

Last edited:
Raphael is not just a Hebrew name, it is used by both Christians and Jews, so it is appropriate for a baby of these parents! I am not sure Raphael is in the Bible, old or new Testament, does anyone know? I know the other archangels, Gabriel and Michael are there. But Raphael is traditionally another Archangel, this being held by both Jewish and Christian people.

The below description from Wikipedia, says that Raphael is venerated in the Roman Catholic church:

Michael and Gabriel are recognised as archangels in Judaism, Islam, and by most Christians. The Book of Tobit—recognised in the Catholic and Orthodox Bibles, but considered apocryphal by Protestants—mentions Raphael, who is also considered to be an archangel. The archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael are venerated in the Roman Catholic Church with a feast on September 29 (between 1921 and 1969 March 24 for Gabriel and 24 October for Raphael), and in the Eastern Orthodox Church on November 8 (if the Julian calendar is used, this corresponds to November 21 in the Gregorian). The named archangels in Islam are Gabriel, Michael, Israfil and Azrael

Congratulations to the family! those boys are going to be handful in some years :p

I thnik that now he is "Rafael Casiraghi" and in the case of marriage of his parents, he will become Rafael Elmaleh, and so his mother will become "Charlotte Elmaleh". As simple as that. Or Charlotte and Rafael will remain "Casiraghis" for good, even if Charlotte and Gad will marry

Last edited:
I know that in France unmarried couples can choose between the paternal, the maternal or a combination of both familynames.
So dependently of the parents' choice the child will be Raphael Elmaleh, Raphael Casiraghi, Raphael Elmaleh Casiraghi or Raphael Casiraghi Elmaleh.

Did not Gad say that he wanted to have his familyname for his second son?

I really doubt we will get a pic (or from behind and from papparazzi) such a pity, I hope he has his father's eyes !

Yes indeed. But they will be blue, regardless, with two blue-eyed parents.

That is not guaranteed. Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with a different eye color.

That is not guaranteed. Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with a different eye color.

Yeah, indeed, but chances are minor. In case of Charlotte, her relatives - mostly everyone if i am not mistaken (?) - have blue eyes.
I don't know what's going on with Gad's family side

So how does this little guy figure into the succession, or does he at all?
:D

He is out of the line of succession unless Gad and Charlotte marry.

I know that in France couples can chose the last name but can some french poster clarify how many couples actually choose something different that just father's surname?

I would be very surprised if the kid was not Raphël Elmaleh.

Lovely name and congratulations to the couple. Now, I can't wait to see a picture of the little baby with his parents.

I m quite sure that the baby will be Raphael El Maleh, otherwise it will be slightly offending for Gad. They live in couple and he will for sure recognize it.
Camille Gottlieb bears her father's name,even if her parents never married and they were very shortly in couple.

Raphël! J'adore! The name is very Italian, too. Like the Renaissance painter Raffaello Sanzio who signed his paintings "Raphaello" or "Raphael".

My cousin was born December the16th ang when he lay in cradle, we had an impression that we have a baby Jesus for Christmas. It is really a perfect time to give birth! :D :D

My cousin was born December the16th ang when he lay in cradle, we had an impression that we have a baby Jesus for Christmas. It is really a perfect time to give birth! :D :D
It must have been wonderful to see !:)

Recessive genes can play a huge part in eye color. Not a given that the baby will be blue eyed.

Diane

Recessive genes can play a huge part in eye color. Not a given that the baby will be blue eyed.

Diane

Blue is a recessive gene. Two parents with blue eyes have only recessive genes, therefore their child can have only blue ( or green eyes ). Brown is a dominant, therefore two parents with brown eyes can still have recessive genes to pass on, and a child can be blue eyed:) but two blue eyed parents can never have a brown eyed child, due to them lacking a dominant gene:) hope that helps.

Blue eyed parents are statistically very unlikely to have anything but a blue eyed child, but as there are more than two eye colours and at least 15 different genes associated with eye colour. So even though Raphaël's parents both have blue eyes, he could end up with a different eye colour.

I have seen once a pic of him when he was very young. All I can say is : HUGE eyes, lovely little face !!!! Pity the pic was in black and white !!!

I absolutely like the child's name of Raphael!

Is she out of the hospital yet?

According to Paris Match the new family left the hospital yesterday ( 21/12 ) around 16h30 very discretely... No photos, no presentation of the baby to the press...

Royal Blog - Monaco. Discrète sortie de la maternité pour Raphaël - Paris Match

http://Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad E...race, où ils ont accueilli leur fils Raphaël.

Hola also refers that Charlotte has already left the hospital...

Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital junto a su hijo, Raphaël.

http://Carlota Casiraghi podría haber abandonado el hospital con su hijo Raphaël

Back
Top Bottom