A boy for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo - March 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacha is the nickname for Alexandre. Nice name.
If one day he becomes Prince it will be Alexandre

His parents marriage would make him legitimate, currently he is illegitimate. Same goes for if Albert were to marry one of the mother's of his three children, he would have a legitimate heir.

Really!?! I didn't know that marriage would mean the child would become a legitimate heir. I wonder how the children will feel about this in due course. Sounds jolly mean on his part. Actually, a lot more than jolly mean.

Now I hope Prince Albert and Princess Charlene produce a heir.

His Serene Highness Prince Sasha of Monaco sounds ridiculous.

I agree. I still don't like the potential for Prince Andrea. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacha is a Russian name and a diminutive of Alexander or Alexandre in French.I like it.Also,Alexandre is Albert's second name(Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre)

Last edited:
Well it´s not like they gave him the name Apple or muffineer. Sacha is a nice and classic name, just not typical Royal. :wave:

For all we know his given name is Alexandre but he will be known in the family as Sasha.

Or maybe this person from the party is incorrect or misheard

:previous:

It's a royal fansite, no more, no less. I think we can rely on Stephane Bern that it's "Sacha".

really they named the baby Sacha? Is it official?

really they named the baby Sacha? Is it official?

No, it is not official. A friend of the princely family put it at Twitter last night, by saying that princess Caroline told that the boy's name is Sacha.

No, it's not official yet. Journalist and moderator Stephane Bern has been among the guests of yesterday's Rose Ball and wrote on his Twitter page that Caroline told the name during the ball. I think he's trustworthy, but it's not an official information from a member of the family or an announcement of the Princely Palace.

Sacha sounds horrible! Really hope that's not the name. Or at least, let's hope his true name is Alexandre and Sacha only a nickname

I hope that official boy's name is Alexander.
But such informal name can indicate:
a) the family believes that prince Albert will have his own baby;
or b) Andrea isn't going to be the prince of Monaco in any case

Well ladies and gentlemen if you think Sacha is a bad name, what do you think of the possibility of the baby's name being Raoul? That's right... A portuguese newspaper published yesterday the news about the birth, stating that this a possible name for the baby...
RAOUL?!?!? Ay por Diós... Poor child!!!

Well ladies and gentlemen if you think Sacha is a bad name, what do you think of the possibility of the baby's name being Raoul? That's right... A portuguese newspaper published yesterday the news about the birth, stating that this a possible name for the baby...

I like Sacha but I think Raoul is dreadful. I hope it's Sacha.

What's wrong with Raoul? I don't think it's a bad name. It is better than Sacha because it's not a nickname. I like Sacha, but not for a possible heir. I would like Alexandre "Sacha" more.

What's wrong with Raoul? I don't think it's a bad name. It is better than Sacha because it's not a nickname. I like Sacha, but not for a possible heir. I would like Alexandre "Sacha" more.

I think it will be definitely "Stefano".
I also think Caroline will probably go to London.

Sasha is a ok name in my opion. They are certainly worst than that. And I also think Stephane Bern is trustworthy.

Raoul is a nice name; it reminds me of a brave musketeer! (Viscount de Bragelonne, Atos' son).

Raoul reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera, and I think it's such a dreadful name :eek:

I really like Sacha as a nickname for Alexandre/Alexander. Alexandre Casiraghi sounds really nice, but if it's "just" Sacha, I don't know how I feel about it. Prince Sacha sounds like something from a cartoon.

Can someone explain how Sacha is a nickname for Alexander? Alex, Al, Xander but Sacha?

I think it´s the russian nickname for Alexander

Can someone explain how Sacha is a nickname for Alexander? Alex, Al, Xander but Sacha?

Sacha is very common in Eastern European countries and a diminutive of Alexander..many aristocratic Russian have it as a nickname.

Dear friends, i must say the newspaper in question is a very serious daily publication, but still... Raoul is awful. On the other hand, Alexandre may very well be the ( or one of the ) chosen name, after all, it's one of the names of P. Albert ( (Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi ) so...

Last edited:
Dear friends, i must say the newspaper in question is a very serious daily publication, but still... Raoul is awful. On the other hand, Alexandre may very well be the ( or one of the ) chosen name, after all, it's one of the names of P. Albert ( (Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi ) so...

Let's wait for the official announcement...:flowers:

Russian language has neutral suffixes that are used (sometimes with -a and -ya) with more radically truncated stems:
  • -sh-: Ma(ria) → Ma|sh|а, Pa(vel) → Pa|sh|a, Mi(khail) → Mi|sh|a, (An)to(nina) → To|sh|a, Da(rya) → Da|sh|a, (A)le(ksey) → Lyo|sh|a, (Alek)sa(ndr) → Sa|sh|a
from Russian personal name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom