The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Raoul reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera, and I think it's such a dreadful name

I really like Sacha as a nickname for Alexandre/Alexander. Alexandre Casiraghi sounds really nice, but if it's "just" Sacha, I don't know how I feel about it. Prince Sacha sounds like something from a cartoon.
Raoul is a completely normal name. There is nothing awful about it.

Maybe some people find it weird because some names are more common is some countries than others?

Like, for example:
-Oliver in english/Olivier in french are normal names, but Oliverio, in spanish is a horrible, horrible name for a boy.
-Or, Rodrigo, in spanish, is very nice, while the english version Roderick sounds like something from the high middle ages.

In France, you don't think of phantom of the opera when you say "raoul".

Both Sacha as a nickname for alexandre and raoul are perfectly fine names for a french boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
It's funny: Giancarlo must sound nice in English (when it's probably pronounced with a very sweet "G" instead of a "J" sounds as it should be), but in Italian, Giancarlo is nothing special as a name! Certainly, it's not "regal" sounding! I would exclude it.
I don't know about it non been regal. It's the name of the king Juan Carlos of Spain! Both John and Charles are 2 of the most common names among royalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Some people get married quickly when the are pregnant because of financial considerations. That is, a man may want to be sure his estate goes to his child if he suddenly dies. My son and his fiancee
wanted to be sure they could conceive before they got married. So they conceived immediately and had a civil ceremony unpublicized to protect mother and baby financially. then they had a bigger wedding when she was four months pregnant, to entertain their friends. But they are not as rich as the Monagasques, for whom such money-worries might be unimportant.
It makes sense for you son, but in most european countries you don't need to get married for financial reason. Marriage doesn't affect at all the legal status of the baby, who is equally protected, whether there is a wedding or not.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Administrator

The pics of Caroline and Pierre were not taken in London, as the svenskdam article states, but during their arrival in Nice, France on March 22. So it seems they were on their way to Monaco and therefore we do not know where Caroline is at the moment.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Nobility

Oh right, then I assume that these were taken after visiting the grandson lol.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Raoul is the name of cousin's little boy and he's half French...

Sacha is a nice name and I like the sound of Prince Sacha of Monaco, if it were to ever happen.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The pics of Caroline and Pierre were not taken in London, as the svenskdam article states, but during their arrival in Nice, France on March 22. So it seems they were on their way to Monaco and therefore we do not know where Caroline is at the moment.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
So is there no further substance to the suggestion that the baby was born in London? It seems odd were it to be so.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
(...)
SASHA!
Honestly i think it's terrible! very tacky and it doesn't suit for a baby boy. and not aristocratic at all. But if the like it...
Sasha is traditionally a male name, but like all the others that came before, it's now epicene. Some examples: Evelyn, Beverly, Vivian, Meredith and Whitney.

Alexandre is a very nice name.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post

I don't know about it non been regal. It's the name of the king Juan Carlos of Spain! Both John and Charles are 2 of the most common names among royalty.
What I'm saying is that in Italian it's a common name and not regal. Juan Carlos might be regal in Spanish, Giancarlo doesn't sound regal in Italian. I think we are saying the same thing!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Juan Carlos is also a very common name in spain. Plenty of people wear it. It doesn't sound "special". It sounds the same way Giancarlo sounds in italian.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Sacha is fine as a nick name but as a persons actual legal name I would give it a pass. Hopefully it is really a French/Italian/Spanish version of Alexander.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe Andrea is working at Monaco's London embassy. He probably worked in Monaco's Paris embassy last year. It would also explain why Tatiana has been seen a lot in London lately.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Raoul is a completely normal name. There is nothing awful about it.

Maybe some people find it weird because some names are more common is some countries than others?

Like, for example:
-Oliver in english/Olivier in french are normal names, but Oliverio, in spanish is a horrible, horrible name for a boy.
-Or, Rodrigo, in spanish, is very nice, while the english version Roderick sounds like something from the high middle ages.

In France, you don't think of phantom of the opera when you say "raoul".

Both Sacha as a nickname for alexandre and raoul are perfectly fine names for a french boy.
That's your opinion. In my opinion, Raoul is a less than charming name.

I never said it was a weird name, I said I think it's a dreadful name

Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
So is there no further substance to the suggestion that the baby was born in London? It seems odd were it to be so.
So, Caroline and Pierre have seen thw baby.
Maybe they all will go tho St Remy for the Easter holidays.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope if Sacha is right, it is a nickname for Alexander. Though it seems an odd choice to me, considering Albert's recognized illegitamite son is Alexandre. Perhaps why they call him Sacha?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to an article in Svensk Damtidning, Charlotte was last week celebrating big in London, where older brother Andrea's and his girlfriend Tatiana's son was born. Charlotte celebrated with champagne outside the hospital with mom Caroline. She called her Gad to tell the good news. Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Alex Dellal was also seen in the celebrations on the street outside the hospital. He smoked cigars later with Pierre Casiraghi and the new father Andrea.
Här visar Charlotte Casiraghi upp sin nya ring Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to an article in Svensk Damtidning, Charlotte was last week celebrating big in London, where older brother Andrea's and his girlfriend Tatiana's son was born. Charlotte celebrated with champagne outside the hospital with mom Caroline. She called her Gad to tell the good news. Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Alex Dellal was also seen in the celebrations on the street outside the hospital. He smoked cigars later with Pierre Casiraghi and the new father Andrea.
Här visar Charlotte Casiraghi upp sin nya ring Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Thanks LadyFinn! But I'm afraid it sounds like classical rubbish gossip invented by journalist.
I find it VERY hard to believe that Caroline and Charlotte were celebrating and driking champagne in the street. Normal people don't take to the streets to celebrate a birth.
And if I am not mistaken, isn't it forbiden to drink alcohol in the streets of london?
And Alex? The ex boyfriend of the baby's aunt in the hospital, the 1st day after the baby was born?
It all sounds like a huge journalist invention to me.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry to harp back to an earlier post, but has there been an official confirmation that Tatiana gave birth in London?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like Sasha but as a nickname, Alexander is a much more beautiful name!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Nobility

http://www.leparisien.fr/laparisienn...13-2669457.php
According to this article, baby was born in London.Maybe from Stephane Bern.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for this. I wonder how long we will have to wait before the Palace fill us in with a few more details.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Thank you for this. I wonder how long we will have to wait before the Palace fill us in with a few more details.
I doubt the palace will, the information if it ever comes, will come from Caroline.