The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Giancarlo in English, I believe, is JohnCharles. John was Grace's brother, nicknamed Jack. Maybe her father too, I forget if that is so. Giancarlo is a very nice sounding name.
It's funny: Giancarlo must sound nice in English (when it's probably pronounced with a very sweet "G" instead of a "J" sounds as it should be), but in Italian, Giancarlo is nothing special as a name! Certainly, it's not "regal" sounding! I would exclude it.

About the succession. I thought that illegitimate children were excluded from the line of succession (a decision made to prevent Albert's two illegitimate children to claim the throne), so I think that's the case also with Andrea and Tatiana's son. The baby would not be added to the line of succession until the couple marries. So I wonder if they made a very conscious decision not to marry before his birth so as to give themselves more privacy (less "royal" burden) and in the hope that Albert and Charlene would conceive a baby in the meantime (therefore changing the line of succession).

Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
About the succession. I thought that illegitimate children were excluded from the line of succession (a decision made to prevent Albert's two illegitimate children to claim the throne), so I think that's the case also with Andrea and Tatiana's son. The baby would not be added to the line of succession until the couple marries. So I wonder if they made a very conscious decision not to marry before his birth so as to give themselves more privacy (less "royal" burden) and in the hope that Albert and Charlene would conceive a baby in the meantime (therefore changing the line of succession).
What I'd bet happened is they planned the marriage but not necessarily the baby, and once they found out about him decided to wait until post-birth to get married. Does anyone really want to walk down the aisle 7 months pregnant - or for that matter rush a wedding?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Commoner

^That's what I think too, Ish.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
What I'd bet happened is they planned the marriage but not necessarily the baby, and once they found out about him decided to wait until post-birth to get married. Does anyone really want to walk down the aisle 7 months pregnant - or for that matter rush a wedding?
People who want their children born in wedlock do. If you have the financial resources a wedding - even a big, fancy, one - can be organised pretty quickly. OTOH if the wedding is just an opportunity to show off your wealth, have some smart photographs taken, and have a big party, it can wait. It's a question of priorities.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

People who want their children born in wedlock do. If you have the financial resources a fancy wedding can be organised pretty quickly. OTOH if the wedding is just an opportunity to show off your wealth, have some smart photographs taken, and have a big party, it can wait. It's a question of priorities.
And not many people prioritize "born in wedlock" anymore - especially when the legitimacy of the child can be applied retroactively. This baby will be legitimate and in the line of succession when his parents marry, so whether he was born in wedlock or not becomes a bit irrelevant.

Personally, I don't see the point in potentially rushing a wedding, even when you have the financial resources to do so, when you're pregnant. Weddings are stressful affairs, as is being pregnant. If the legitimacy of the child isn't going to be a concern because it can be retroactively applied, why not enjoy the pregnancy (in as much as that can be enjoyed) and plan the wedding for after when you'll be able to enjoy that more?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Personally, I don't see the point in potentially rushing a wedding, even when you have the financial resources to do so, when you're pregnant. Weddings are stressful affairs, as is being pregnant. If the legitimacy of the child isn't going to be a concern because it can be retroactively applied, why not enjoy the pregnancy (in as much as that can be enjoyed) and plan the wedding for after when you'll be able to enjoy that more?
I suppose it comes down to how much you value big weddings. I don't value them highly at all at the best of times, and I feel that if you already have a child it is inappropriate to have a big, traditional, wedding, and if you're only going to have a small one, it's not going to be very stressful to organise it. Why would it be stressful for people in their situation, anyway? Other people would be doing the actual organising. All the bride and groom have to do is turn up.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Nobility

Proud parents!!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Serene Highness

Some people get married quickly when the are pregnant because of financial considerations. That is, a man may want to be sure his estate goes to his child if he suddenly dies. My son and his fiancee
wanted to be sure they could conceive before they got married. So they conceived immediately and had a civil ceremony unpublicized to protect mother and baby financially. then they had a bigger wedding when she was four months pregnant, to entertain their friends. But they are not as rich as the Monagasques, for whom such money-worries might be unimportant.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Dear friends, i must say the newspaper in question is a very serious daily publication, but still... Raoul is awful. On the other hand, Alexandre may very well be the ( or one of the ) chosen name, after all, it's one of the names of P. Albert ( (Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi ) so...
Alexandre is also the name of Prince Albert's illegitimate son. They have all the names of the world to choose from...
Old 03-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Princess Caroline, Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana and family. This baby boy shall brighten up Easter this week.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the couple!!

Pictures of Princess Caroline and Pierre Casiraghi, who landed with a private plane in London. The article says that they are going to visit the little newborn.
Prinsessan Caroline har blivit farmor… | Ĺsas kungliga Europa
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the pic..I hope we get candids of the new parents and the baby.I see that they've flown into London on the new jet.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Thanks for the pic..I hope we get candids of the new parents and the baby.I see that they've flown into London on the new jet.
I thought that Andrea and Tatiana used to live in Paris, not in London
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely pictures. Caroline looks so excited to be on her way to meet her new grandchild.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The name of the baby boy is...

(...)
SASHA!
Honestly i think it's terrible! very tacky and it doesn't suit for a baby boy. and not aristocratic at all. But if the like it...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Nobility

Tacky name or not, I bet he's a handsome, healthy baby boy and that'all that matters.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

well, sure! i hope so anyway!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
(...)
SASHA!
Honestly i think it's terrible! very tacky and it doesn't suit for a baby boy. and not aristocratic at all. But if the like it...
Maybe, since Caroline is in London, there will be an fficial announcement about the name.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Tacky name or not, I bet he's a handsome, healthy baby boy and that'all that matters.
well, tht's was obvious!
but i was hoping for a better name! as an italian i would have preferred something that marks his origins!
however, the surname casiraghi is enough!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I doubt it. They announced their engagement right after they must have found out they were expecting. And people might not care anymore about marrying before having a child (unfortunately from my personal point of view), but, royals normally do because (in this case) they profess to be Catholic, they should set en example and should give their country a sign of stability. I still think that the decision not to marry before the birth was not accidental. Also, I wondered if they chose to have the baby in the UK so that he wouldn't have automatic French citizenship (which he would have had, had he been born in Paris).