The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Courtier

congran to the couple :)

Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Nobility

Casiraghi Trio: Princess Alexandra has recently been in London to...

Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Nobility

Good to see that Ernst August Junior is still close to the Grimaldi- Casiraghi clan and probably went to see the baby.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign. I found quite not nice towards the people of Monaco, that Tatiana gave birth in London, they did not show the baby and they did not even announce officially his name.
Caroline has presented her kids after getting out of the maternity, and Andrea lives the same situation "hidden", i do not appreciate, and I do not really understand, as Andrda has alwaus been present to all Monaco official life.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign.
That is quite unlikely if Albert and Charlene have children.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
There is one detail which relatively shocks me. Andrea is in number 2 position in the throne of Monaco, and his son one day will reign. I found quite not nice towards the people of Monaco, that Tatiana gave birth in London, they did not show the baby and they did not even announce officially his name.
Caroline has presented her kids after getting out of the maternity, and Andrea lives the same situation "hidden", i do not appreciate, and I do not really understand, as Andrda has alwaus been present to all Monaco official life.
You are assuming that Albert and Charlene will never have children.

Personally, I seariously doubt that Andrea or little Sasha will ever reign the Monaco Throne. Charlene is still young and in the bearable age to conceive children.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
You are assuming that Albert and Charlene will never have children.

Personally, I seariously doubt that Andrea or little Sasha will ever reign the Monaco Throne. Charlene is still young and in the bearable age to conceive children.
I'm not assuming such a think and I'm sorry if I gave this impression.

So I reformulate. Andrea and his son one day might reign.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

There are only about 8,000 citizens in Monaco. They don't really need to announce things. I'm guessing the grape vine is very fast there. The press is for the outside world. PC sees the Monegasques daily walking around Le Rocher. They can send out info by e-mail or phone to all residents.

I'm wondering if PA wanted them to wait until he had children. They might have gone against his wishes and got pregnant so that the marriage would be okay. It's strange the child wasn't born in Monaco and that PA hasn't gone to see it as far as we know.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post

I'm wondering if PA wanted them to wait until he had children. They might have gone against his wishes and got pregnant so that the marriage would be okay. It's strange the child wasn't born in Monaco and that PA hasn't gone to see it as far as we know.
This would be disgusting from PA. Oblige his nephew not have kids, unless he has himself! How do they know when Charlene gets pregnant? They are soon 2 years married.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Courtier

well, imo it is a bit odd too that there is no official announcement for one who is, at the moment, direct in line of succession....
Couldn't imagine Prince William's baby not being announced in the UK
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It's because for now he is not in the line of succession (and is in the same situation as prince Albert's children and Stephanie's daughter). I assume that when they'll be married, they will introduce Sacha. And also, I don't think Andrea wants this child to be a future sovereigh nor does he believe he will (otherwise he would have not given him this name )
Léonard de Vinci
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Sacha is the name of the kid?!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Sacha is the name of the kid?!
The name of the boy hasn't been officially announced. Journalist Stephane Bern was among the guests at Rose Ball and wrote on his Twitter page that Caroline told during the ball that the boy's name is Sacha.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think, you are absolutely right, FandesAcs. AT THIS VERY MOMENT the baby boy (named Sacha or not) is the 3rd in line (after Albert/Caroline/Andrea, the little one) to the throne. I strongly assume, that Albert and Chalene will have own children as well, but today it is not yet the case (at least officially). So you are right, it is really odd, that there has been no announcement of the name, as well as a pic of the young family.
BYe Bine
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I think, you are absolutely right, FandesAcs. AT THIS VERY MOMENT the baby boy (named Sacha or not) is the 3rd in line (after Albert/Caroline/Andrea, the little one) to the throne. I strongly assume, that Albert and Chalene will have own children as well, but today it is not yet the case (at least officially). So you are right, it is really odd, that there has been no announcement of the name, as well as a pic of the young family.
BYe Bine
At this moment the baby boy isn't 3rd in line to the throne, because his parents aren't married.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

So does the baby have a name yet?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
So does the baby have a name yet?
According to this article: Andrea Casiraghi, le temps du bonheur - Gala the boy is named Sacha
Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That is quite a confusing situation fandesacs as Andrea is just a Casiraghi and he really has no title.There is lot of abstruse stuff all over nobility these days.Well I hope they clear it up by something they do or an indication maybe.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
That is quite a confusing situation fandesacs as Andrea is just a Casiraghi and he really has no title.There is lot of abstruse stuff all over nobility these days.Well I hope they clear it up by something they do or an indication maybe.
The main problem with royal families these days is that their members seem to have decided that they want to take profit from the advantages of private citizens while keeping their inherited privileges.
Imo, by doing so, the remaining reigning families are digging their own grave, but I won't complain about it.

I don't think that the Monaco family should be subjected to the same standards, though. Monaco is not as much a country as a big company. The born monegasques are more employees than citizens, the "residents" are simply clients, and the Prince is kind of the CEO and main share-holder and the same time. He can rule his private company as he feels fit and he doesn't have to answer to anyone.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the behaviour of Andrea shows that he belies his uncle is going to have children and that he himself is never going to inherit. While Andrea right now is the second in line to the throne, he is such through an indirect line - he's not the son or grandson of the monarch, but rather the nephew. Furthermore, he's the untitled nephew of the monarch, and as such he's entitled to more of a private life.

Similar circumstances occurred when Peter Philips became a father. While he and his children are much further down the line of succession than Andrea and (eventually) his son, they're both untitled relations of a royal family who have some privilege owing to their family and yet are technically private citizens and as such don't have to announce the name and what not of their children - at least not right away.