The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree, because you're wrong but you can't see it I'm afraid. This discussion has had it's time so :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post

No, I'm not wrong. Since I wasn't sure about the UK I googled it and checked the facts.

I've just posted an extract of the Family Law Reform Act of 1969.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's the british law.
I would actually say that in a way, you're both right.

There is such thing as illegitimate children, pretty much regardless of where you go. Illegitimate children are children who are born out of wedlock and remain that way - a child can be retroactively legitimized (at least in some countries) through the marriage of their parents.

The fact that British law uses the term "illegitimate" in reference to such children means that the concept exists. It doesn't mean that they don't have equal rights to legitimate children - and they do - it just means that they are recognized legally as being illegitimate.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well it is sort of a family tradition. All of Princess Antoinettes children and the first 2 of Princess Stephanies children were born before their parents married in civil ceremonies. Of course the marriages were soon followed by divorces.
Oh wow...didn't know that.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

In Monaco, legitamacy makes a difference as to the line of succession; and rightly so.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Dellal was there too. What a surprise!!
Does Stefano look a little tired?
Caro is very happy and excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Dellal was there too. What a surprise!!
Does Stefano look a little tired?
Caro is very happy and excited.
Sorry for the mistake: I wrote "Stefano" instead of Andrea....
Old 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
In Monaco, legitamacy makes a difference as to the line of succession; and rightly so.
I believe in most monarchies, legitimacy makes a difference as to the line of succession.

In the Monaco legitimacy can be retroactively applied; a child born illegitimately is legitimized by the marriage of his or her parents. Andrea's son, or Albert's children for that matter, can be legitimized by a later marriage and will subsequently have a spot in the line of succession. This is not the case in all monarchies.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Nobility

Go proud uncle!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

My God... Andrea looks terrible... P. Caroline looks quite happy and Pierre is celebrating for sure, with a cigar on his lips and his friends pouring liquor down his throat... AND WHAT ABOUT ALEX?!?! Big surprise to see him there. But that´s nice... It means he kept his friendship with the Casiraghis and with P. Caroline who always treated him as part of the family. Liked to see him there!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Alex's presence is not a surprise at all. Tatiana is a good friend of the Dellal's due to her mother, who is brazilian, being friends with them (Andrea Dellal is brazilian). They all belong to the same group of incredibly rich brazilian socialites who pass most of their time in Europe and USA. They are all friends since childhood. Alex was a friend of Tatiana way before he met Charlotte. So he is there to celebrate the birth of a very close friend's son, who happens to be the nephew of his ex-girlfriend.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the pics,Lady Finn.

They all looked happy,obviously.Nice to see Pierre with a typical cigar lol.Not surprised to see Alex there s they all form a one big group of friends.Also,Alex's girlfriend is about to give birth to their child as well.Hola is speculating that the wedding will be this summer..in the meantime,it's all just a waiting game.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Majesty

They are really celebrating. Very nice Alex was there too.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Gentry

Aw everyone looks so happy. Great pictures and yes very surprised to see Alex but I guess they are in the same circle of friends.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

God, what do they look like drinking and smoking in the street like that. I don't care what the occasion is it looks so common. When my own two kids were born none of my family would have dreamed of hanging around the hospital doing that. To think that if Charlene dosn't have a child this is what will be taking over Monaco.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
God, what do they look like drinking and smoking in the street like that. I don't care what the occasion is it looks so common. When my own two kids were born none of my family would have dreamed of hanging around the hospital doing that. To think that if Charlene didn't have a child this is what will be taking over Monaco.
Well, the Monegasque Princely Family isn't very good at looks regal.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
God, what do they look like drinking and smoking in the street like that. I don't care what the occasion is it looks so common. When my own two kids were born none of my family would have dreamed of hanging around the hospital doing that. To think that if Charlene didn't have a child this is what will be taking over Monaco.
Overreacting much?

They're just typical Mediterraneans, lol
Old 03-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

Agree with you, Angela, very tacky indeed. And the picture of Charlotte...oh no!!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Extending my belated CONGRATULATIONS TO ANDREA & TATIANA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE FAMILIES!!!!

And thanks for posting the pics, they all look so very happy, and should be ~ another little one added to the family ~ ahhhh....
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

I see nothing wrong with the pics. Just a bunch of people happy with the arrival of a new baby.
What's so bad with Charlotte's pic? A girl sits on the floor to smoke a cigarette. Happens all the time.
One of them brought a bottle of champagne and they are sharing it amongst them. I see no one drunk and or even close to that. Pierre is smoking a cigar like many people do. They all seem happy.
And of course, they are doing it outside the hospital since drinking and smoking are forbiden inside. Also, better to make noise outside than inside.
They don't look regal but they are in their private time in a family ocasion and maybe didn't even know they were being photographed.
They don't look regal but they don't look bad too, IMO. Just a bunch of normal people.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Commoner

^^Bless this post!

Why are people so judgmental anyway? It only makes them look bad...

I was glad to see them all looking so happy! Why must you see the negative in it?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4Royalty View Post
^^Bless this post!

Why are people so judgmental anyway? It only makes them look bad...

I was glad to see them all looking so happy! Why must you see the negative in it?
The fact is that they represent a country, we not.