William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that tabloids or especially the weekly tabloid celebrity magazines to a certain degree reflect public opinion or public interest, otherwise they would not exist (let's leave out the intellectual standard or who has what intentions behind the scenes). the fact that kate middleton appears in these magazines alongside all these celebrity people as soons as she's out there is an indication that in public she's widely seen as one of them, at least for me.

IMO, the tabloids tend to cover any public person including HM, the other royals, Dave & Sam Cam, the Browns, the Blairs..... pretty much anybody. So I am afraid that on the basis of the reasons youhave put forward, your argument does not hold, for me at least!

Upon reading the discussion, I am inclined to agree with views of Duke of Marmalade, Boris, and Idriel on the matter. It appears to me that being Prince William's girlfriend is the excuse of Ms. and Mrs. Middleton for absolutely everything, including the current wardrobe mulfucntion. They have displayed a total inability to manage the mass media.

Who have they been giving these "excuses" to? Why should they be trying to manage the mass media? As far as I am aware, they ave never spoken to the media, other than the supposed "interview" that Carole gave to Mandrake!

Could it be for the chance for the paps to grab their 5 minutes of fame, photographing each other? :ROFLMAO: :flowers:

I doubt it, I don´t think they would get past the door the way they dress.
:whistling:

Who have they been giving these "excuses" to? Why should they be trying to manage the mass media? As far as I am aware, they ave never spoken to the media, other than the supposed "interview" that Carole gave to Mandrake!

One time is more than enough. It has been implied by Mrs. Middleton, the paparazzis make it impossible to for Ms. Middleton, Prince William's girlfriend, to work and do anything. Thus, it is possible to assume that being the girlfriend is an excuse for doing thing the way Mrs.and Ms. Middleton do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it, I don´t think they would get past the door the way they dress.
:whistling:
Well they are covered from head to toe, so I thought they would be acceptable, scruffy oiks to me but their dress code would be approved by some ....:D

Look in any of the newspaper 'entertainment sections' or celeb magazines and they all include royalty, including W & H, C & C etc. Sadly all the weekly magazines reflect is the mentality of their readers, who pour over stories such as 'my husband was my wife and he/she ran off with my best friend straight after the ceremony', certainly NOT the views of ordinary members of the public, IMO.
The tabloids market sensationalism, shock value, that grabs attention in an Attention Deficit, busy bee world, in grocery store checkout lines. :rolleyes::) The British tabloids, for whatever reason, have a certain special talent for it but the US tabloids do a pretty good job as copycats. LOL

.......It has been implied by Mrs. Middleton, the paparazzis make it impossible to for Ms. Middleton, Prince William's girlfriend, to work and do anything. Thus, it is possible to assume that being the girlfriend is an excuse for doing thing the way Mrs.and Ms. Middleton do.
I think that it has been implied by the DM that Mrs Middleton told a friend, who of course told them, that Kate can't get a normal job because of her relationship. (Although I'm sure that others that work at Party Pieces consider what they do a normal job) The only thing that Mrs Middleton has ever been quoted as saying is that she didn't ask for any of this attention, that she has two other children besides Kate and that she is concerned about them and her business.

The only thing that Mrs Middleton has ever been quoted as saying is that she didn't ask for any of this attention, that she has two other children besides Kate and that she is concerned about them and her business.

yes, mrs middleton did not ask for the attention and is concerned about her business. i wonder how this corresponds to the picture of mrs middleton and her daughter kate on party pieces website. Honi soit qui mal y pense ;) the truth is that kate is the best thing that has ever happened to carole's business, how hypocritical of her to complain.

The words of Mrs. Middleton, which have been communicated to the mass media outlets via confidantes/close friends, can be interpreted in many ways. It does not matter what Mrs. Middleton does or says now, this perception of (i.e., being the girlfriend is a universal excuse for everything, including impossiblity for Ms. Middleton to lead a normal life) will unlikely to change. Some actions of Mrs. Middleton are similar to those of Mrs. Bennet (Pride and Prejudice by ever relevant Ms.Austen)
As usually, Duke of Marmalade has made valid observations.

Poor Mrs Bennet had 5 Kates to marry off well.
I suppose we should sympathise with Mrs M, she can´t even chew gum in peace.

The words of Mrs. Middleton, which have been communicated to the mass media outlets via confidantes/close friends,
And yet we have absolutely no proof they are the words of Mrs Middleton via anyone, just words printed in a rather unreliable tabloid.
What if I write - Mrs Middleton confided in a close but unnamed friend that everything written in the tabloids is untrue and the vitriol directed at her and her daughter on the Royal Forums and other less salubrious internet sites are rather unsavory and unfounded rantings of a minority. - does that make it true? After all it is probably as accurate as any tabloid article!:rolleyes:

I dare to say that truth is somewhat irrelevant at this point. As Lenin aptly pointed out, “A lie told often enough becomes truth”. Everybody is green with envy... evil tabloids are there to get a poor girl... people spread malicious lies about fluffy innocent Middletons... These arguments have become trite. It is like crying wolf too many times.

:previous: Unless, of course, what is being said is true. Truth is never irrelevent to the people that are involved in a situation.

One time is more than enough. It has been implied by Mrs. Middleton, the paparazzis make it impossible to for Ms. Middleton, Prince William's girlfriend, to work and do anything. Thus, it is possible to assume that being the girlfriend is an excuse for doing thing the way Mrs.and Ms. Middleton do.

As Skydragon has pointed out, there is absolutely no basis for some of the tabloid stories - they have not ben attributed to a named source, and can be fabricated by anybody. The example she gave demonstrates the point.

I dare to say that truth is somewhat irrelevant at this point. As Lenin aptly pointed out, “A lie told often enough becomes truth”.
:nonono: Truth is never irrelevant!
It is like crying wolf too many times.
???? I am aware of the story but fail to see any significance.

It does not matter what Mrs. Middleton does or says now, this perception of (i.e., being the girlfriend is a universal excuse for everything, including impossiblity for Ms. Middleton to lead a normal life) will unlikely to change.

In whose mind are you referring to this perception of Mrs Middleton - the Daily Mail, the people who believe the Mail when they read it, or a section of the TRF readers? To these people, you are right, nothing matters at all!

I dare to say that truth is somewhat irrelevant at this point.

Quite right, for some small details like the truth never get in the way of their chosen train of thought.

yes, mrs middleton did not ask for the attention and is concerned about her business. i wonder how this corresponds to the picture of mrs middleton and her daughter kate on party pieces website. Honi soit qui mal y pense ;) the truth is that kate is the best thing that has ever happened to carole's business, how hypocritical of her to complain.
It's her company and she posted a photograph of herself, her daughter (whom she credits with the setting up of a new venture) and the chief buyer (whom she credits with the setting up of another) on her website. Is this such a really strange thing to do? Or is it just because it has a connection to Kate and her family that it is wrong? I'm sure Kate's high press profile has helped her mother's company in the past but in the current economic climate it is small family owned companies, like Party Pieces, that are being effected and I don't think Kate's that connection with the company is going to help a whole lot at the moment . Why is it hypocritical of Mrs Middleton to complain and worry like everyone else?

As for the truth, it is irrelevant now. Are the Middletons going to issue a statement so that the public at large can have an opportunity to know their side of the story? They knew the rules of the game. Let them reap the consequences now.

I think it's both funny and sad that the Daily Mail changed the story's headline to focus on glimps of Kate's bra: Royal wardrobe malfunction for Kate Middleton as the hairy one to the throne looks on | Mail Online. The headline was "Late Night Date for Kate Middleton and Her Prince (but what's with the beard)", which was focused on William's beard. The byline was "Daily Mail Reporter", which means anonymous. In another time, the writer (male or female) would be called lecherous.
Of course blame the paper for Kate's bra being on show. She had nothing to do with it of course:whistling:

Yes...neck-high paper-bag camisoles. She might start a new trend.:lol:

She probably also possesses a paper bag, perhaps she should use that to avoid upsetting the 'apparent' puritans on this forum!

I see some have had their claws sharpened today.

I have removed some of the more snippy personal attacks.

While I'm sure that there are amazing clubs in London that are not besieged by paps at the present, it stands to reason that the minute William and Kate start to frequent one regularly, the paps will besiege that one too. W&K are one of the reasons that they haunt Boujis, Mahiki etc after all.
Boujis and Mahiki were celeb haunts before William and Harry found it. I know because I went there before they did and it wasn't uncommon to run into B-listers then.

That is why I said they were one of the reasons instead of the only reason. My original point being that they would be photographed no matter where they went if they went more than once.

Well not really.

There are plenty of great bars outside of Kensington and Chelsea; Camden and Shoreditch immediately spring to mind. They choose to go out in the "busiest" and most well-known places.

Where all it would take is one cellphone call to the Daily Mail by someone drinking at the bar to get the paps rushing over in full force.

Oh dear.

With all due respect if you think the average person out on a Friday night having fun with friends has nothing better to do than ring the Mail (as if they even have the number to begin with) then you are sadly mistaken.

And with all due respect, if you do not believe that the paps get most of their photos by being tipped off, then you are also sadly mistaken.

Just because you would never think to do such a mean thing does not mean that there are not a thousand other people who would. Anyone with directory assistance could make that phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom