The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Ms. Middleton definitely enjoyed perquisites of her position and have to deal with backlash.
What precisely?

Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Gentry

As much as paps are around, one can hide if one wishes. If one gives tip offs then it's harder...After all London is a big place, as is the countryside.

Regardless, wow we saw her bra...care factor? If she was pole dancing on a street lamp and pulling down her top I can see the shock but she was leaning over to get in a car. Should she have been more careful, perhaps? Yes, after all when one chooses to wear a dress, one knows the flaws or possible ways it will fall in certain directions.

Regardless, the girl needs a stylist. The fabric look cheap and the colour doesn't help. I can see the polyester from here. I still can't believe she was on the Best Dressed list.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Am I missing a trick? Their side of what story? What rules, what game, what consequences? I am afraid you are going to have to elucidate for me. I really am not sure what you are on about.
As for the rules of the game, see my post# 167 in this thread. As for the statement, it is impossible to determine what is truth. If the Middletons are so concerned with their image, perhaps they can issue a statement with their side of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
What precisely?
Vacations, access to exclusive night clubs, gowns at discount, and publicity for business. Perhaps, Party Pieces is a successful enterprise. At the same time, free publicty never hurts.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

From what I have read I could quite easily dislike Carole Middleton. In fact the main problem I have with her daughter is precisely that, she is her daughter.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Majesty

I think it is better to stop our discussion here. I avoid arguing with ardent supporters because it is useless.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Before William and Harry went to them, they were B-C list places and attracted B-C list so called celebs, since William, Harry and their crowd have been going there, they have moved into the A list visitors. One of the reasons they probably prefer Kensington or Chelsea is that they are considered by many to be reasonably 'safe' areas.
I'm guessing you haven't been to Mahiki recently, the last time I was there it was full of wannabes. The clientele hasn't improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Almost everyone I know have experienced an accidental moment. The polite thing to do was to ignore the accident and move on. By creating a NEW headline around that photo, and without substantive change to the story--then, YES, I feel the paper is to be blamed for the extra exposure. I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt that their accidents were unintentional and they shouldn't be condemned for being human.
And how many of these "accidents" has Kate Middleton had now? This isn't the first time she's flashed the awaiting press. I'm sure it won't be the last......

The idea that "Party Pieces" hasn't benefited from Kate's relationship is just ridiculous.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
and for that reason carole put the picture on the website, how clever, get kate officially on board and be sure people will talk about it.

carole's company benefitted from her daughters high press profile at least in the sense that people became aware, then carole even pushed public interest in more difficult times by posting kate's picture and now she's worried? if carole was stupid (what i doubt) i'd call her naive, but if she is clever (what i think) i will call her hypocritcal or even calculating.
Your still not making any sense to me I'm afraid. So you believe that she put Kate's photo on the website to further public interest, ok! What I don't understand is why is she a hypocrite or calculating for worrying about her business during a recession? Everybody is worried, everybody is complaining.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

I have removed an off topic argument about Princess Michael as well as some out of line personal comments.

I have also removed the ones regarding Chelsy's short student internship. Harry and Chelsy have their own threads.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Surely everyone takes a vacation/holiday or even two or three each year, none of whom have royal connections.
The free outfits story was never confirmed by either design houses or the Middletons, IIR the story was debunked, the only source for the free gowns story was the Daily Mail was it not?
Kate does not receive 'access to exclusive nightclubs', all are open to the public and I don't recall Kate flouting her boyfriend for any publicity, personal or business related.

These seem to be a prime example of your quote that if a lie is repeated often enough it becomes the truth?
Given the fact that (1) you seem to know for sure that Ms. Middleton has not benefited from her position as the Girlfriend in any manner; and (2)I have not got any proof of Ms. Middleton milking her position, I would be very interested to have a look at some hard proof (preferably from relaible sources) that would support your opinion. We have got your words against mine.Just because you have been repeating "Ms.Middleton does not take advantage of her position" does not make your opinion any more valid than mine.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Given the fact that (1) you seem to know for sure that Ms. Middleton has not benefited from her position as the Girlfriend in any manner; and (2)I have not got any proof of Ms. Middleton milking her position, I would be very interested to have a look at some hard proof (preferably from relaible sources) that would support your opinion. We have got your words against mine.Just because you have been repeating "Ms.Middleton does not take advantage of her position" does not make your opinion any more valid than mine.
Albina, you never said it was your opinion, you stated as fact
Quote:
Ms. Middleton definitely enjoyed perquisites
When asked what these were, you stated
Quote:
Vacations, access to exclusive night clubs, gowns at discount, and publcity for business.
As has already been pointed out,

1. We all take vacations sometimes two sometimes five etc, so taking a holiday cannot be counted as a perk of dating William.
2. The nightclubs are not exclusive, I am quite sure you are able to check the nightclubs listed to see that anyone can attend, as has Little Star.
3. The 'gowns' that you insist were perks was denied by the designer, a link appears somewhere on this very forum.
4. Publicity for her parents business, yes they have received publicity for the business, has it increased their profits is anyones guess. Unless you can prove your accusations, we have to presume not.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Well... Poor Ms. Middleton unknowingly benefits her position. You just repeat the same stuff, whereas I repeat the opposite. It is difficult for me to believe that Ms.Middleton has not been enjoying a special treatment because of who she is. She is a grown-up woman and aware of how the world operates.
Let us see the the conclusion of the saga.
It would be interesting, but not surprising, if the history repeats itself. I believe we better leave it here.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well... Poor Ms. Middleton unknowingly benefits her position. You just repeat the same stuff, whereas I repeat the opposite. Let us see the the conclusion of the saga.
I have repeated the fact that all your statements are without foundation and why, you are just repeating the same untrue gossip. I can go into Mahiki, Bouji's and many more of the nightclubs they frequent, as can Little Star and any other member of the public, so the 'exclusive access' can only be untrue!
The majority of people take holidays, Kate Middleton would still have taken holidays if she and William had never met, so again, blatantly untrue that this was a benefit.
Gowns at discounted prices, who from, where is your evidence for this?
Publicity for her parents business, did she court it, did she go on national TV and suggest people buy from her parents, or was it the case that The Mail and other media sources in their efforts to denigrate her told the world that she was the daughter of someone in trade?

Quote:
I would love to see the history repeat itself.
Pretty horrible thing to wish for anyone.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Let me re-phrase in more diplomatic way ... (see post #179). I do not want to argue or defend my position because it is useless. I repeat untrue gossips, whereas you are the beacon truth. Let it be this way.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Majesty

I see that as a caring parent making sure that people know that her daughter isn't an idle layabout princess-in-waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
and for that reason carole put the picture on the website, how clever, get kate officially on board and be sure people will talk about it.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Let me re-phrase in more diplomatic way ... (see post #179). I do not want to argue or defend my position because it is useless. I repeat untrue gossips, whereas you are the beacon truth. Let it be this way.
Unlike you, I have proven all but one point. Can you deny that a great many people holiday every year, therefore that is not a way in which Kate has benefited?
Can you deny that anyone can go into the nightclubs W & K frequent?

Nobody has disputed the publicity her parents business has received but can you deny that Kate has never courted publicity for them by... wearing a Party Pieces Tshirt or the like?

Have you any link, statement or anything that backs up your claim that she has received gowns at discounted prices because she is dating William?

Because if not, you are inventing gossip, not just repeating it!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Okay ladies....moving on.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a good idea, instead of an undone button showing her bra she could casually let fall her dress straps and show a nicely printed tshirt with P.P. written in script.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Majesty

P.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
What a good idea, instead of an undone button showing her bra she could casually let fall her dress straps and show a nicely printed tshirt with P.P. written in script.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Party Pieces
Old 12-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Of course. Thank-you, kimebear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Party Pieces

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press