William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paparrazzi photographers aren't found using the 118 service under the letter P.

The only reason photographers ever get shots of William and Harry on a night out is because both men choose to frequent clubs and bars that are well-known celeb haunts.

I am sorry Little Star but in this I think you are wrong, they receive tips and go to where the action is, that is their life.

Paparrazzi photographers aren't found using the 118 service under the letter P.

The only reason photographers ever get shots of William and Harry on a night out is because both men choose to frequent clubs and bars that are well-known celeb haunts.

So, it is your opinion that when Kate was photographed talking on her cellphone while driving, or when she was photographed at the airport, or picking up her tennis racket at her flat, it is because there are hotspot nightclubs in the bushes, the departure lounge or the flat next door?

Isn't it more likely because the paps follow her and William whenever they can find them wherever they are?

Yikes! When I saw that four or so new pages of posts had been generated while I slept last night, I thought that surely there must have been an engagement announcement. Yet they seem to have been triggered by nothing more than a fleeting glimpse of Kate's bra frozen for posterity by a photographer's lens. It really is the silly season! :lol:

Boujis and Mahiki were celeb haunts before William and Harry found it. I know because I went there before they did and it wasn't uncommon to run into B-listers then.
Before William and Harry went to them, they were B-C list places and attracted B-C list so called celebs, since William, Harry and their crowd have been going there, they have moved into the A list visitors. One of the reasons they probably prefer Kensington or Chelsea is that they are considered by many to be reasonably 'safe' areas.

Of course blame the paper for Kate's bra being on show. She had nothing to do with it of course:whistling:

Almost everyone I know have experienced an accidental moment. The polite thing to do was to ignore the accident and move on. By creating a NEW headline around that photo, and without substantive change to the story--then, YES, I feel the paper is to be blamed for the extra exposure. I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt that their accidents were unintentional and they shouldn't be condemned for being human.

They knew the rules of the game. Let them reap the consequences now.

Exactly what are the Rules Of The Game? Games are supposed to be fun. Kate and her family are not living on a Monopoly board. Being chased while running errands or photographed getting out of cars are not something you can roll a dice and skip over.

The rules of the game is to be properly dressed, smile, and be ready for one's pictures to be taken. Yes, the whole harassment situation is unfairly cruel to the Middletons in general and poor Ms. Middleton in particular. Whether Ms. Middleton likes or not, paparazzi is likely to treat her the same way they treat Mrs. Beckham or any other actor/actress/celebrity. She is not a member of the Royal family yet. Royal girlfriends come and go, whereas the British Royal family remains inviolable to a certain extent. As everything in this life, dating a Prince has got its advantages and disadvantages. Ms. Middleton definitely enjoyed perquisites of her position and have to deal with backlash. Nothing more, noting less.

As for the truth, it is irrelevant now. Are the Middletons going to issue a statement so that the public at large can have an opportunity to know their side of the story? They knew the rules of the game. Let them reap the consequences now.

Am I missing a trick? Their side of what story? What rules, what game, what consequences? I am afraid you are going to have to elucidate for me. I really am not sure what you are on about.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules of game is to be properly dressed, smile, and be ready for one's pictures to be taken. Yes, the whole harassment situation is unfairly cruel to the Middletons in general and poor Ms. Middleton in particular. Whether Ms. Middleton likes or not, paparazzi is likely to treat her the same way they treat Mrs. Beckham or any other actor/actress/celebrity. She is not a member of the Royal family yet. Royal girlfriends come and go, whereas the British Royal family remains inviolable to a certain extent. As everything in this life, dating a Prince has got its advantages and disadvantages. Ms. Middleton definitely enjoyed perquisites of her position and have to deal with backlash. Nothing more, noting less.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's an excellent post Al_bina :flowers:

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

As much as paps are around, one can hide if one wishes. If one gives tip offs then it's harder...After all London is a big place, as is the countryside.

Regardless, wow we saw her bra...care factor? If she was pole dancing on a street lamp and pulling down her top I can see the shock but she was leaning over to get in a car. Should she have been more careful, perhaps? Yes, after all when one chooses to wear a dress, one knows the flaws or possible ways it will fall in certain directions.

Regardless, the girl needs a stylist. The fabric look cheap and the colour doesn't help. I can see the polyester from here. I still can't believe she was on the Best Dressed list.

Am I missing a trick? Their side of what story? What rules, what game, what consequences? I am afraid you are going to have to elucidate for me. I really am not sure what you are on about.
As for the rules of the game, see my post# 167 in this thread. As for the statement, it is impossible to determine what is truth. If the Middletons are so concerned with their image, perhaps they can issue a statement with their side of the story.

What precisely?:rolleyes:
Vacations, access to exclusive night clubs, gowns at discount, and publicity for business. Perhaps, Party Pieces is a successful enterprise. At the same time, free publicty never hurts.

From what I have read I could quite easily dislike Carole Middleton. In fact the main problem I have with her daughter is precisely that, she is her daughter.

I think it is better to stop our discussion here. I avoid arguing with ardent supporters because it is useless.

Before William and Harry went to them, they were B-C list places and attracted B-C list so called celebs, since William, Harry and their crowd have been going there, they have moved into the A list visitors. One of the reasons they probably prefer Kensington or Chelsea is that they are considered by many to be reasonably 'safe' areas.
I'm guessing you haven't been to Mahiki recently, the last time I was there it was full of wannabes. The clientele hasn't improved.

Incas said:
Almost everyone I know have experienced an accidental moment. The polite thing to do was to ignore the accident and move on. By creating a NEW headline around that photo, and without substantive change to the story--then, YES, I feel the paper is to be blamed for the extra exposure. I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt that their accidents were unintentional and they shouldn't be condemned for being human.
And how many of these "accidents" has Kate Middleton had now? This isn't the first time she's flashed the awaiting press. I'm sure it won't be the last......

The idea that "Party Pieces" hasn't benefited from Kate's relationship is just ridiculous.

and for that reason carole put the picture on the website, how clever, get kate officially on board and be sure people will talk about it.

carole's company benefitted from her daughters high press profile at least in the sense that people became aware, then carole even pushed public interest in more difficult times by posting kate's picture and now she's worried? if carole was stupid (what i doubt) i'd call her naive, but if she is clever (what i think) i will call her hypocritcal or even calculating.
Your still not making any sense to me I'm afraid. So you believe that she put Kate's photo on the website to further public interest, ok! What I don't understand is why is she a hypocrite or calculating for worrying about her business during a recession? Everybody is worried, everybody is complaining.

I have removed an off topic argument about Princess Michael as well as some out of line personal comments.

I have also removed the ones regarding Chelsy's short student internship. Harry and Chelsy have their own threads.

Last edited:
Surely everyone takes a vacation/holiday or even two or three each year, none of whom have royal connections.
The free outfits story was never confirmed by either design houses or the Middletons, IIR the story was debunked, the only source for the free gowns story was the Daily Mail was it not?
Kate does not receive 'access to exclusive nightclubs', all are open to the public and I don't recall Kate flouting her boyfriend for any publicity, personal or business related.

These seem to be a prime example of your quote that if a lie is repeated often enough it becomes the truth?:nonono:
Given the fact that (1) you seem to know for sure that Ms. Middleton has not benefited from her position as the Girlfriend in any manner; and (2)I have not got any proof of Ms. Middleton milking her position, I would be very interested to have a look at some hard proof (preferably from relaible sources) that would support your opinion. We have got your words against mine.Just because you have been repeating "Ms.Middleton does not take advantage of her position" does not make your opinion any more valid than mine.

Given the fact that (1) you seem to know for sure that Ms. Middleton has not benefited from her position as the Girlfriend in any manner; and (2)I have not got any proof of Ms. Middleton milking her position, I would be very interested to have a look at some hard proof (preferably from relaible sources) that would support your opinion. We have got your words against mine.Just because you have been repeating "Ms.Middleton does not take advantage of her position" does not make your opinion any more valid than mine.
Albina, you never said it was your opinion, you stated as fact
Ms. Middleton definitely enjoyed perquisites
When asked what these were, you stated
Vacations, access to exclusive night clubs, gowns at discount, and publcity for business.
As has already been pointed out,

1. We all take vacations sometimes two sometimes five etc, so taking a holiday cannot be counted as a perk of dating William.
2. The nightclubs are not exclusive, I am quite sure you are able to check the nightclubs listed to see that anyone can attend, as has Little Star.
3. The 'gowns' that you insist were perks was denied by the designer, a link appears somewhere on this very forum.
4. Publicity for her parents business, yes they have received publicity for the business, has it increased their profits is anyones guess. Unless you can prove your accusations, we have to presume not.

Well... Poor Ms. Middleton unknowingly benefits her position. You just repeat the same stuff, whereas I repeat the opposite. It is difficult for me to believe that Ms.Middleton has not been enjoying a special treatment because of who she is. She is a grown-up woman and aware of how the world operates.
Let us see the the conclusion of the saga.
It would be interesting, but not surprising, if the history repeats itself. I believe we better leave it here.

Last edited:
Well... Poor Ms. Middleton unknowingly benefits her position. You just repeat the same stuff, whereas I repeat the opposite. Let us see the the conclusion of the saga.
I have repeated the fact that all your statements are without foundation and why, you are just repeating the same untrue gossip. I can go into Mahiki, Bouji's and many more of the nightclubs they frequent, as can Little Star and any other member of the public, so the 'exclusive access' can only be untrue!
The majority of people take holidays, Kate Middleton would still have taken holidays if she and William had never met, so again, blatantly untrue that this was a benefit.
Gowns at discounted prices, who from, where is your evidence for this?
Publicity for her parents business, did she court it, did she go on national TV and suggest people buy from her parents, or was it the case that The Mail and other media sources in their efforts to denigrate her told the world that she was the daughter of someone in trade?

I would love to see the history repeat itself.
Pretty horrible thing to wish for anyone.:nonono::nonono:

Let me re-phrase in more diplomatic way ... (see post #179). I do not want to argue or defend my position because it is useless. I repeat untrue gossips, whereas you are the beacon truth. Let it be this way.

I see that as a caring parent making sure that people know that her daughter isn't an idle layabout princess-in-waiting.

and for that reason carole put the picture on the website, how clever, get kate officially on board and be sure people will talk about it.

Last edited:
Let me re-phrase in more diplomatic way ... (see post #179). I do not want to argue or defend my position because it is useless. I repeat untrue gossips, whereas you are the beacon truth. Let it be this way.
Unlike you, I have proven all but one point. Can you deny that a great many people holiday every year, therefore that is not a way in which Kate has benefited?
Can you deny that anyone can go into the nightclubs W & K frequent?

Nobody has disputed the publicity her parents business has received but can you deny that Kate has never courted publicity for them by... wearing a Party Pieces Tshirt or the like?

Have you any link, statement or anything that backs up your claim that she has received gowns at discounted prices because she is dating William?

Because if not, you are inventing gossip, not just repeating it!

Okay ladies....moving on.

What a good idea, instead of an undone button showing her bra she could casually let fall her dress straps and show a nicely printed tshirt with P.P. written in script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom