The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As there was a follow-up phone call which indicated that the invitations were passed onto the sisters I do see it as rude that they didn't have the common decency to reply. However my experience is that people under about 40 don't bother with replies when not attending. This does reflect badly on Kate in my opinion, as it is clear that she did receive the invitation but chose to ignore it.
IMO, you cant always believe everything you read in the tabloids!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Even the Daily Express mentioned it. Are they also trashy?

I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just posting what is going around the media today.
Lets just say the Daily Express and the other tabloids are not really known for high quality journalism!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, you cant always believe everything you read in the tabloids!
Quite true, the Daily Mail don't exactly like the royals do they.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Even the Daily Express mentioned it. Are they also trashy?

I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just posting what is going around the media today.
The only papers you can really "Trust" IMO are The Telegraph and The Guardian.
I'm not trying to argue either, it's just that when it comes to The Royal Family, especially Kate you can't trust what they say.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

For the first time, I agree with a comment by a Daily Mail reader:

I am involved with a charity that sends out 600 invitations to the great and the good to a formal event. We expect to receive 200 replies and would never reveal who had or had not responded. Shame on the organisers.

Read more: Kate Middleton snubs Fashion For The Brave dinner for war heroes | Mail Online

Also, I don't see how its possible that no one from the Duke of York's camp did not respond back to the organizers on behalf of the York Princesses. That seems unlikely.
All the work and invitations that the DoY receives, and this one slipped thru the cracks?

And did anyone notice that this article was written by Richard Kay. So is he back in the inner circle. How does he know this for sure. Why would the charity contact him? It appears that they it was a positive affair, and they made a lot of money. Very weird and not too credible if you ask me.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am involved with a charity that sends out 600 invitations to the great and the good to a formal event. We expect to receive 200 replies and would never reveal who had or had not responded. Shame on the organisers.
^^^^
Is that the comment Zonk, because I completely agree with it as well. It's kind of a "name and shame" act, which is very cruel.
You'd think they would be more bothered about two ACTUAL Princess' not replying to an event, rather than Kate and her sister?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
^^^^
Is that the comment Zonk, because I completely agree with it as well. It's kind of a "name and shame" act, which is very cruel.
You'd think they would be more bothered about two ACTUAL Princess' not replying to an event, rather than Kate and her sister?
Agree with you, advertising the fact does not appear to be very polite either.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Courtier

Although it was not polite I should imagine they were very hurt and were letting of steam about it. They probably didn┤t want to openly state they were upset with the Princesses, although it was impolite if these two didn┤t write their excuses, but Kate Middleton and her sister are not yet of any importance and were probably invited at the same time the charity sent out an invitation to Prince William, purely as a polite gesture.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Administrator

And yet does it not appear contrived that the venom of the DM is just being thrown at the Middletons? Is that right? Why not the Yorks? So the Middleton's of are no importance, but they are important to invite and then throw to the wolves? How does that make sense?

If they did in fact receive an invitation and didn't respond, yes it was rude and thoughtless. Unless, of course, the possibity exists that they never saw the invitation. And yes, according to the article someone said that Kate and Pippa knew about it. But yet Richard or the charity organizers NEVER actually spoke to Kate so we really don't know if she received it or not.

Basically I believe there is some credibility issues with this story. Richard Kay is not Walter Cronkite and frankly, I find it odd that people pick and choose what stories of his to believe. We don't believe his stories about Charles and Camilla, but we believe them about Kate? If he doesn't know what is going on with Charles and Camilla, what makes us think he knows what is going on with his son and his girlfriend?

And definitely shame on the charity or the person who spoke off the cuff. Would make one think in the future about dealing with them. They have broken one of the rules (at least mine) of dealing with well known figures and charity: Do no harm to people you might need (or might seek their patronage) in the future.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Is it perhaps possible that Kate recieved her invite with the one William recieved? Therefore when William declined, he declined for her as well?

It is out of order, that the DM have chosen to focus on Kate and Pippa, rather than two royal princess', who have been in the limelight for not doing enough lately. This would have been a nice oppurtunity to see them.
Also the article says,

Quote:
‘At the Palace, we were told both girls were at university, but we still didn’t get a formal response, which we think — to put it bluntly — is pretty rude.’
If this was an evening event, surely Beatrice should have been able to attend, she's at Goldsmiths in London yeah?

As for the charity and telling the press that the Princes, York Girls and Kate and Pippa were invited is out of order, and I think done out of spite because they didn't turn up.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I

As for the charity and telling the press that the Princes, York Girls and Kate and Pippa were invited is out of order, and I think done out of spite because they didn't turn up.
I am sorry but I think this is a bit over the top to call a charity that is raising money for the Veteran┤s Benevolent Fund spiteful.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Is it perhaps possible that Kate recieved her invite with the one William recieved? Therefore when William declined, he declined for her as well?
According to the article in the DM, it stated that both Kate and Pippa's invitations were sent to the business address of Party Pieces. I can imagine that with being a mail order business, a lot of people who wish to contact either Kate or Pippa would send mail to them in care of PP. This is what makes me wonder what the volume of mail Kate does receive at that address and how seriously they take any "fan" mail that should arrive. Perhaps this could explain why/if the girl's invitations got lost in the shuffle?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I am sorry but I think this is a bit over the top to call a charity that is raising money for the Veteran┤s Benevolent Fund spiteful.
Well that's your opinion, but I think releasing this information to be published in a national newspaper is out of order. Either if it was the charity that did it, or a single person spoke to the newspaper.
They had Dame Shirley Bassey fly over from Monaco, and they complain that they didn't get the girlfriend of Prince William.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Out of order is very different from spiteful and perhaps complain is a bit strong as well, allegedly they remarked on the bad manners of two certain young ladies, one has a certain celebrity as she is allegedly sleeping with the heir to the heir of the throne and the other is her sister who really has no other claim to fame except just this.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
What purpose does it serve to publish in a national publication the names of people that were invited to attend a charity fund raiser and didn't show up? Is the purpose to make the non attendees feel bad? To make them look like dirty rotten non caring individuals? To have them make a statement such as "oh I'm sorry I didn't attend" to bring more attention to this charity? Releasing that information to me was in very bad taste.

After being blasted like that in a national publication by this charity, if it was me, I for sure would never consider supporting it in the future.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well they're making an issue out of Kate and Pippa's bad manners, who to them are more important than actual Princess'?

I think whoever told this information to the press, it was out of order, and done out of spite because they didn't turn up.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
According to the article in the DM, it stated that both Kate and Pippa's invitations were sent to the business address of Party Pieces. I can imagine that with being a mail order business, a lot of people who wish to contact either Kate or Pippa would send mail to them in care of PP. This is what makes me wonder what the volume of mail Kate does receive at that address and how seriously they take any "fan" mail that should arrive. Perhaps this could explain why/if the girl's invitations got lost in the shuffle?
That makes sense except the article goes on to say that there was a follow up phone call and that the sisters were told about the invitations. So then the invitations didn't get lost as PP was contacted verbally as well and still no reply.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It is out of order, that the DM have chosen to focus on Kate and Pippa, rather than two royal princess', who have been in the limelight for not doing enough lately. This would have been a nice oppurtunity to see them. lso the article says, If this was an evening event, surely Beatrice should have been able to attend, she's at Goldsmiths in London yeah?
The artcle goes on and explains that according to BP, where the DoY has his office the invitations seem not to have arrived.

Quote:
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace says: ‘It’s unfortunate the Princesses appear not to have received the invitation — *especially when they and the whole Royal Family have such a close affection for all military charities, and certainly no offence was intended.’
Given Richard Kay's dislike of the royals except for Diana, he would surely have more of this aspect if he could.

Beatrice is in her final year so probably has quite a bit of work to do and more than most given her known learning difficulty - dyslexia. However if the invitations didn't arrive then she wouldn't need to even attempt to re-arrange her calander and planning schedule as she didn't know she was invited.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That makes sense except the article goes on to say that there was a follow up phone call and that the sisters were told about the invitations. So then the invitations didn't get lost as PP was contacted verbally as well and still no reply.
My thought on that particular statement was that when they phoned Party Pieces, the employee that answered the phone gave a standard answer of "the mail has been passed on to the sisters". Its not as if one of the Middletons themselves were identified as answering the phone. I imagine that if I sent Kate a Yule fruitcake via Party Pieces and then called to see if she received it, I'd get the same answer.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Well said, Osipi! Sounds about right to me. (Forget about the Yule cake.. ack)! :)

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press