The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They have to prove they are worthy of having the title.

They don't have to prove themselves worthy at all. They got their titles because of who their father is and nothing else the same as he got his poition by being the first born son of his mother. They could sit at home and do nothing and they would still have their titles. This is the very crux of the republicans argument - that they get their titles and positions simply by an accident of birth and has nothing to do with what they do or don't do or how worthy they are to hold those titles and positions.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I know.
But to me they have to prove themselves, they have to show that the deserve to stay as a Prince, or those republicans you speak of will appear sooner than they think.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I know.
But to me they have to prove themselves, they have to show that the deserve to stay as a Prince, or those republicans you speak of will appear sooner than they think.

They, and this board, have already turned me into one.

My point is though that they don't have to do anything to be a prince except get born. Republicans will appear with or without them as more and more people start to question the whole idea that some people are entitled to more because of birth rather than merit, and marrying commoners will only add to that as they are no longer seen as something different and apart but just upstarts who got where they are because of the family into which they were born. Viva la repulbique I say.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They are turning me as well.
And my point is that unless they show me or the rest of the country that with those titles, that have been handed to them on a plate, they will do something good and preserve the Monarchy. They are going to loose them.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator

There are a variety of places at TRF that if you would like to discuss your turn to republicanism.

At TRF you can find them here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ics-28478.html , http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...y-17189-7.html , and Royal Relevance .

Old 10-27-2010, 11:01 AM

Came across this on Twitter from Robert Palmer of the Daily Express:
Quote:
Naughty Kate Middleton's family firm has been caught using the X Factor logo without a licence. Simon Cowell is not a man to upset.
Now if true, why would the Middleton's do that? It doesn't make sense.

ETA: Here's more information:
Quote:
It asks customers if they have "got the X-Factor" and uses the icon to promote parties based on the smash ITV1 show.
But a show source insisted boss Simon Cowell had NOT licensed the use of the image to the mail-order party accessories firm.
The insider said: "They definitely don't have permission to do this. It's odd a firm this established wouldn't check with us first."

Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well to counter, Jeremy Clarkson uses "The X-Factor" on Top Gear all the time, and shows the logo.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 PM

But did he have permission?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I very much doubt it, he hates the show and Simon Cowell.
And do you need permission to use the words "X-Factor"?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM

The issue here is not that the Middleton family used the name, but the logo. So basically, the Middletons' broke the law.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

And the proof is where?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:30 PM

Right in front of you.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

An article from the sun, the most trashy magazine in the UK, which also features two pictures, none of which show actual proof that they ever used the picture? Just an 'insider' talking?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Even the Daily Express mentioned it. Are they also trashy?

I'm not trying to argue with you here. I'm just posting what is going around the media today.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Family firm of Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton cashes in on hit TV show - NYPOST.com

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ut-asking.html
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Gentry

Funny...Cashing in
Old 10-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Nobility

Kate Middleton snubs Fashion For The Brave dinner for war heroes | Mail Online

Hopefully this doesn't reflect the TRUE Kate Middleton!!!

To the dismay of the organisers of the *glittering Fashion For The Brave *dinner, which raised money for Help For Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund, Prince William’s girlfriend, Kate Middleton, not only failed to show up for the event but didn’t even bother to reply to her invitation.

Read more: Kate Middleton snubs Fashion For The Brave dinner for war heroes | Mail Online
Old 10-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1716 View Post
To the dismay of the organisers of the *glittering Fashion For The Brave *dinner, which raised money for Help For Heroes and the Army Benevolent Fund, Prince William’s girlfriend, Kate Middleton, not only failed to show up for the event but didn’t even bother to reply to her invitation.
Why were Kate and Pippa invited in the first place? Because they're affiliated with this charity? Because Kate is currently dating Prince William? Because of Kate and Pippa's reknown fashion sense?

I see no reason where it was inconsiderate for Kate or Pippa to ignore these invitations. As they were communicated through Party Pieces, its very likely that along with a lot of mail I imagine that Ms. Middleton may receive through her parent's business address, it could very well have remained unopened. Most likely William didn't know about the event either being back in Wales and on duty again. His response was done via his office which I imagine sends regrets to scads of invitation he receives. Kate does not have her own private secretary that would do this.

This piece of journalism is making a big deal out of something very trivial to me and does not reflect negatively on Ms. Middleton in the least.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

As there was a follow-up phone call which indicated that the invitations were passed onto the sisters I do see it as rude that they didn't have the common decency to reply. However my experience is that people under about 40 don't bother with replies when not attending. This does reflect badly on Kate in my opinion, as it is clear that she did receive the invitation but chose to ignore it.

Quote:
When we didn’t receive replies, we telephoned a few weeks later. Someone at Party Pieces said they had passed the *invitations on to the sisters and we heard nothing more.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Courtier

Not only rude, extremely rude, and for someone who is thought of as a "wannabe" Princess not very prudent.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press