The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Majesty

And the cheerleading from Hello! magazine goes on...why is this news worthy of a headline? According to various reports over the years, they have been living together for some time.

Hello seems bound and determined to pitch Kate Middleton come hell or high water...they picked out the girl's possible wedding gown, speculated on where the marital home will be...everything except select the date the lovebirds will bring forth their first born.

They are beginning to seem desperate.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's a newsworthy headline, because as far as I know a royal has never lived with his partner before. I know that Sophie may have lived with Edward, but that was never reported.
Kate and William are news, even if it is fake news, they need to sell magazines.

What's wrong with them talking about Kate Middleton, they didn't pick her wedding dress, they talked to designers who were already designing her dress.
They talk about the engagement, where they might live, get married etc, when the engagement fever is at a high, which is what every newspaper does.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That's what is called a "get 'em to buy the mag" lead. I've not bought it nor will I but I will bet you that any pics that are in that article have already been posted here "from the polo".
You are oh so right!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's a newsworthy headline, because as far as I know a royal has never lived with his partner before. I know that Sophie may have lived with Edward, but that was never reported.
Kate and William are news, even if it is fake news, they need to sell magazines.

What's wrong with them talking about Kate Middleton, they didn't pick her wedding dress, they talked to designers who were already designing her dress.
They talk about the engagement, where they might live, get married etc, when the engagement fever is at a high, which is what every newspaper does.
Actually if you really want to get technical... Kate and William shared living quarters together while they were at St. Andrews. That was his 'press free days" Of course it wasn't just them. but friends there too. But that too has never been verified by either William or Kate.

The thing about this whole wedding business if they're just speculating and hoping and wishing to get attention.
I'm SURE that whatever Kate plans when she gets married will not be in the press months and weeks and even days before she gets to the altar. My son and his bride had lived together for years.. they got married last weekend. Did he see the dress? NO. If you were Kate would you want YOUR wedding dress on every tabloid before the day?

There's a big difference in reporting... some go for sensationalism and some go for boring straight facts.
With William and Kate we get tidbits that fit both. And 10 to 1.. they're snickering at us.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You are oh so right!
and its here we say thanks again Iceflower!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Majesty

I am pretty sure Edward and Sophie lived together, and I know for a fact that Haakon and Mette-Marit of Norway, Joachim and Marie of Denmark, Victoria and Daniel of Sweden, Princess Michael's son Freddie, both of Princess Anne's children all lived together outside of marriage.

In fact, the only Royals I can think of who do not do this are the uber traditional Japanese and the uber religious Belgians.

I repeat...Hello seems to be in some sort of crusade to promote a wedding with this couple...why I am not sure.

Maybe KM sells magazines.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Freddie and Sophie, aren't really at the forefront of royalty, same goes for Zara and Peter, they don't have titles either which makes it easy for them. Edward and Sophie were never reported on were they?

William and Kate have lived together at St Andrews, but this for people is sort of "special" because it is the next possible step to marriage.
I wouldn't call it a crusade, they are reporting on stories as they come. The pictures are from the polo, which has been their first event together in some time, they are talking about moving in because that is what they have apparently just done.
When they report on what church, what dress etc; it's because that is what other people are saying as well.

Kate and William do sell magazines, i'll be buying this issue.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Majesty

Actually yes, I remember a great deal of reporting on Edward and Sophie back in the 90's...the tabloids were delighted because they felt that they had found themselves a new Diana to help them sell magazines.

The Queen permitted them to live together against her better judgment, because she wanted to avoid another Charles/Diana or Andrew/Sarah disaster.

And again, Kate and William have been living together off/on for a LONG time, so I don't see how this is big news.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The press will think like that everytime someone will marry into the royal family, until at least William passes away.
I wouldn't say they were living on and off, they lived together at St Andrews, and haven't lived together since until now in Wales?
Old 07-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Majesty

Every paper I have read(Daily Mail, Sun, Hello) reports that they live together on weekends and during breaks from William's time in the military.

For KM's sake I hope William marries her, even though I find her dull and unimpressive.

She has invested seven long years and has shown remarkable resilience.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

To me that's not living together, that's staying at each others houses when William's off work.
Living together is living in the same house, a long period of time and sharing the bills.

I hope they marry for love, not out of neccesity or how long they've been together.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Majesty

There were definitely reports that they were living together at the Palace. However, I believe that Sophie kept her own apartment elsewhere, and she denied that they had lived together. This was during their prewedding interview. However, she was seen leaving the Palace for work in the morning. So she was spending time there, but not technically living with Edward.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
There were definitely reports that they were living together at the Palace. However, I believe that Sophie kept her own apartment elsewhere, and she denied that they had lived together. This was during their prewedding interview. However, she was seen leaving the Palace for work in the morning. So she was spending time there, but not technically living with Edward.
I do recall this as well. It had widely been reported that Edward and Sophie were living together at an apartment at BP. However, in their engagement interview, I do remember Sophie clarifying that contrary to reports, they had not lived together.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Nobility

I don't believe anything... Besides the Telegraaf (Dutch) is reporting Will cheated on Kate and now the wedding is off.. I wasn't even aware there was a wedding...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've just read the article in Hello! and it doesn't tell me anything new to be honest.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I've just read the article in Hello! and it doesn't tell me anything new to be honest.
Don't tell me you were actually expecting new information?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Don't tell me you were actually expecting new information?
Nope wasn't expecting anything new, but exactly I do stand corrected. The article tells me Kate's favourite sport is Tennis, which I never knew before.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I don't believe anything... Besides the Telegraaf (Dutch) is reporting Will cheated on Kate and now the wedding is off.. I wasn't even aware there was a wedding...
Exactly. The press just continue to publish drivel to try and augment their sales.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Is the article online? Could you post a link that says William cheating on Kate?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Nope wasn't expecting anything new, but exactly I do stand corrected. The article tells me Kate's favourite sport is Tennis, which I never knew before.
Surely they drew their conclusion from her appearance at Wimbeldon this year and the pcituers of her playing with her family at Christmas - all really incisive stuff on the part of Hello!

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press