The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian Princess View Post
I deffinatly think William and Harry do recieve more more publicity then the other Princes there own age, of coarse there mother was very famous her great work.
There are very few princes William and Harry's age.
Britain is a very media minded country, our press are a lot more intrusive then say the Danish or Belgian equivalent.

Diana gave the image of the caring, doting, charity working mother, with wonderful blonde hair and blue eyed children. Who would one day take over all her good work, following in her footsteps.
So So many magazines and newpapers have said "William/Harry following in their mothers footsteps" and i get so so very annoyed because, I think can't these boys be allowed to do anything not associated with what Diana once did?
They are forever going to have the holy image of Diana that the press created as a marker for what they should do, as will both their future wives.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

And of course they get none of their caring etc from their father's family (who have been in the caring business long before Diana).

It always bugs me whenever they do anything positive it is because of Diana's influence. Charles has had the far greater influence on the way these two have turned out but all the credit goes to their mother (who was only a full time mother to them for the first 7 or 8 years of their lives as then they were sent to boarding school). She did a good job but so has Charles and I would like to see him get more of the credit for the way they have turned out (along with the boarding schools which did most of the work anyway).

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thats what I have always thought, Charles gets very very little credit for bringing up two youngs boys at the age of 15 and 13.
After '92 time the boys only spent holidays with Diana.
I think they constantly mention Diana in reference to the boys because she gets more favourable response from the public.

The Princes' Trust has done more for people, then Diana's charities ever did in my mind.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
it was reported that William dated other girls at the beginning of university before hooking up with Kate. It's my understanding that they became a couple at the end of 2003 and were "outed" while skiing a few months later at the beginning of 2004 so they've been together 6+ years. Either way it's impossible for them to have been dating for 8 years as some people keep suggesting.
This was my understanding too. I remember when the story of her dating Rupert Finch in 2002 was reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I've been suspecting these "leaks" for a while now and not just to HELLO... and the leaked stories aren't always true either.
I have too lately.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Until they turned 7 or 8 they were at home with both parents, then boarding school and then they spent half of their holidays with each parent so Diana didn't see all that much of them from the age of 8 onwards (nor did Charles for that matter although after Diana's death Charles had them for all their holidays and is still there guiding them etc).
Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes my reference to the ages 15 & 13, were that those were the ages of the boys when Diana passed away, Charles was left with two teenage boys to bring up. That must of been aa very hard task.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but here you go:

Quote:
The Sunday Express can exclusively uncover the fascinating story *behind the privacy *battle now being waged by Prince William’s girlfriend. We expose the truth about her *relationship with the photographer who took the shots, Niraj Tanna, and we can reveal that he consulted Stephen Abell, *director of the press regulator, the day *after he photographed Kate at *Restormel Manor in Cornwall.

Quote:
Since she is tipped to marry William, her “reasonable expectation of privacy” is not quite the same as the girl on the street. Yet despite her non-*royal status, Kate’s case against Tanna has effectively ended his *career as a royal photographer. It’s a curious development as Tanna was one of the only photographers Kate appeared to have *developed a rapport with, thanks to his uncanny ability to be in the right place, at the right time.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royals target scapegoat in privacy fight

I don't know what to make of this article. It is makes Kate out to be the mole in William's circle. If that's so, then she is a social climber who's manipulating her way into the royal family.

If this article is not true, then it clearly shows that the media are out to get Kate and her family after they won the lawsuit. I think more articles like this would come around.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

This sounds plausible and on this one I am with Kate - it was an invasion of privacy - she was on private property having fun. If people are allowed to take photos from public property of people on their private property then we will see a lot of rich people putting up all sorts of trees and fences to preserve their privacy and what an awful site that will be.

If Kate is the mole then she simply can't marry William - it wouldn't work. I don't think Kate is but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a member of her family and again it should mean - unsuitable and thus out.

Kate is a private individual until she marries William and she should be treated exactly as that. When with William - as she was skiing then she is an open target because he is but when she is alone she is a private individual and thus entitled to the same rights as the rest of us.

The simple answer is to legislate that only photos of the royals doing official duties can be taken and then this 'is it an invasion of privacy?' goes away and they can have the freedom to do things without the fear of the paparazzi - that would upset most royal followers but not me - their official duties is all I want or need to hear about - not their holidays, their drunken nights on the town, their clothes etc.

If they break the law then that can be reported in the same way as any other law breaker is reported but otherwise they should have their privacy.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 AM
Courtier

I agree completely about Kate and her family, these sudden appearances where Kate and William were appearing could be coincidences but as I don´t believe in coincidences of this nature I believe the "mole in her family" theory.

Having said that, to make enemies of the press is not in Kate´s good interests, in fact it is, in my opinion, a very bad mistake. It was the plethora of photos and stories that put her in the public eye as a possible wife for William in the first place. If he is never going to marry her, then of course, this attention to her is uncomfortable, and it always makes me think back to Carol Middleton´s interview when she said more or less there was never going to be a marriage.
As far as the drunken revels by some of the other young royals, I too am not that interested but the British public, perhaps, are, as in these economically difficult times a family are very interested indeed in a family who is thought to represent their country and if anyone bothers to read the public comments under these photos and articles he/she will see the lack of respect shown towards the royal family by so many these days. This hasn´t happened overnight and it is also interesting to note that the one person who is still highly respected is the Queen who has always been exemplary in all ways.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I agree with what you were saying, the press are getting back at her and idea of Kate being a mole is ridiculous in my mind.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

Well it worked for Di: Kate Middleton takes style inspiration from Prince William's late mother

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1266535/Well-worked-Di-Kate-Middleton-takes-style-inspiration-Prince-Williams-late-mother.html#ixzz0lKBC1ITN
Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail honestly has nothing better to write because the article is pointless imo. Thanks for it though gfg02.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Or maybe there is a point: that William in seeking his bride is looking for and found a 'mother' figure in someone who resembles his mother in some ways. Like father like son - need a 'mother' figure as a wife (who also happens to be the first or very early serious girlfriend).
Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

So he found a mother figure in Kate since she wears similar style clothing to his late mother, how interesting.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Majesty

I agree. They seem to run this kind of article every few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
The Daily Mail honestly has nothing better to write because the article is pointless imo. Thanks for it though gfg02.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate could never match Diana. She only has her bad quality (using the press for her personal agenda) and none of Diana's good qualities (beauty, warmth, charisma).

I put People magazine on the same level as Hello! magazine. Really just upscale gossip fests. People also repeats stories from the tabs. They're just jumping on the bandwagon of this recent hype. They've done it before.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Kate is as beautiful, if not more beautiful than Diana. We don't know about her warmth as she hasn't been meeting the public yet and I can do without the sort of charisma that Diana had that nearly destroyed the BRF.

Kate is far steadier, which is what a royal should be.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Majesty

Kate seems to be friendly enough from the pictures that we've seen of her at various events. She seems to be a pleasant, cheerful person. I agree with you that Kate seems to be very steady. Steady and discreet. I think that Kate is beautiful as well. If we ever see her with her hair up in a tiara and a formal dress, I think that she will be absolutely stunning.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Nobility

With her perfect complexion and long thick mane of dark hair how could anyone question her beauty? Kate is every bit as beautiful as Diana, princess of Wales. Not to mention that Kate and her family have been supportive of charity.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate is very beautiful, in my mind more beautiful than Diana.
Your right Kate can never match Diana, but she's not trying too, she's trying to be Kate. She seems a warm hearted person, who has a lot of confidence and strength to manage dating a royal. Kate has had to put up with the press and not being a royal for a lot longer than Diana did.
And it's an opinion that Kate is using the press, one I do not share. If she was using the press she could've done alot more to help herself. And if she had agreements with newspapers etc there wouldn't have been so many off putting stories about her family.
Hello is much more reliable than people magazine, it doesn't post gossip. It occasionally includes articles about when Kate and Wills, will get married, where and etc. Or why haven't they got married, are they waiting for this time or that time.
It doesn't post rumours or gossip about them. Or not that I've seen.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press