The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
If they get engaged, and if they appear to be genuinely loving, I predict that attitutes toward her will change a great deal.
True. Also, if W & K were to marry, the public will warm to her if they see her emerge as a hard working royal who is passionately supporting the causes and charities she has chosen.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
How do you think they know to show up in the first place? How do you think they get their "exclusive" photos. Kate doesn't make news - the public isn't that interested in her. HELLO was the photographer at their charity PR thing they did.
I said that the Middletons hadn't asked for Kate to be followed. I never said they hadn't asked for her to be photographed.
They have every right to higher the Hello! photographer to cover an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
True. Also, if W & K were to marry, the public will warm to her if they see her emerge as a hard working royal who is passionately supporting the causes and charities she has chosen.
Lets hope so.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I agree - if this will be the case. In general I think the ring on the finger will make a huge difference, the relationship between Kate the fiancee and the public will start from zero. Then it depends what she will make of it - the public will warm towards her if she doesn't make huge mistakes like continuing to life the celebrity life on public spending. Hard work (the bar is high when looking at HM, the PoW or Anne - might not be fair but sorry, life isn't) and giving birth to a son will be key to win over the public.

Actually I think if Kate makes the right moves as fiancee she has a good chance to become a favourite member of this family since many Britons see Prince William as a huge waste of space - he hasn't done much to impress as yet either. It will be a walk on the tightrope for Kate between being recognized and not overshadowing at the same time.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree - if this will be the case. In general I think the ring on the finger will make a huge difference, the relationship between Kate the fiancee and the public will start from zero. Then it depends what she will make of it - the public will warm towards her if she doesn't make huge mistakes like continuing to life the celebrity life on public spending. Hard work (the bar is high when looking at HM, the PoW or Anne - might not be fair but sorry, life isn't) and giving birth to a son will be key to win over the public.
I certainly think the time of deference and public adulation based on status as long gone. Kate will have to earn her place, just as William will when he enters public life. He is in a slightly difficult place at the momemt as he continues to pursue a career in the armed forces, and balances it with some public engagements.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Majesty

Definitely. One thing about the public mind--it can change quite quickly.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

ITV have just shown Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy at the X Factor final watching Robbie Williams

Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
ITV have just shown Prince Haryy and Chelsy Davy at the X Factor final watching Robbie Williams

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: X Factor :: X Factor: Stacey Solomon backed by Chelsy Davy to win show

in support of Stacy Solomon I believe.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

X Factor: Joe McElderry and Olly Murs go head-to-head in the final | Mail Online yes the DM says that Chelsy went to visit the X Factor set 3 weeks and met Simon Cowell and mentioned to him that Harry was a fan and thus Simon sent the pair tickets for the show and has invited them both back for the second part of the final on Sunday night

Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

How cool that they got to watch the show in person. Nice pics of Harry and Chelsy.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great pictures of Harry and Chelsy, thanks for posting, I enjoyed them.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

X Factor: Prince Harry and girlfriend Chelsy Davy make a surprise appearance at the X Factor final | Mail Online

Old 12-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love it that they both went to a reality show.
Harry looks wonderful.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics of Prince Harry and girlfriend Chelsy Davy at the X Factor final on December 12, 2009.
Abaca Press
Old 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry and Chelsy join 'X Factor' final weekend as Joe McElderry wins - hellomagazine.com
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Commoner

Despite the fact that I do love Chelsy and that she has grown in me in the last few years, I don't think that Prince Harry and Chelsy will last. Chelsy seems to have her eyes set on her career and I highly doubt she will stay in England. For me, it is sad to watch their relationship continue when Chelsy obviously doesn't want to be a royal or deal with the press and scrutiny that comes along with it. I respect her and Harry, but my personal feeling is that they both need to either enjoy the short time it will last or just go back to being friends. I could be wrong in my assumption, but that's how it seems to me.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:58 PM

I agree with you, AnnaSophia. As much as I root for this couple, I also don't think Harry and Chelsy will last. It's a shame because its so clear that they enjoy each other's company.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Prince William, his girlfriend Kate Middleton and Prince Harry were among the celebrity-packed audience in Leicester Square last night for the world premiere of Guy Ritchie's new film Sherlock Holmes, which stars Robert Downey Jnr and Jude Law.But the Royal party shunned the red carpet and attempted to avoid the cameras by arriving five minutes after the film started and being taken into the venue by a back door. They left as soon as the credits began to role.
Jude Law: The flirting started the minute Robert Downey Jr and I met| Showbiz | This is London
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a great premiere for Harry to go to. Can't wait to see the movie. And Robert Downey Jr. is SMOK'IN HOT!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Yes, really: Kate Middleton attends the premiere of "Sherlock Holmes" with Prince Harry and Prince William
A better pic of all three here:William, Kate and Harry in Sherlock Holmes Premiere | British Royals
Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry: opening night in London

El pr√*ncipe Guillermo, Kate Middleton y el pr√*ncipe Harry: noche de estreno en Londres

Google «eviri

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html

Pics http://crownprincesseswatchers.blogspot.com/

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press