The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Nobility

I'm bewildered about the "bursary" the press keep mentioning. It's my understanding that on application for a bursary the applicant is means tested. Bursaries are awarded to impoverished youth and for the purpose of helping them do something that would be of benefit their future career. Why is a young woman from a very wealthy family given a bursary to travel the world

Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Nice articles about Chelsy. I think she's glad she's dating Harry rather than wills.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
I'm bewildered about the "bursary" the press keep mentioning. It's my understanding that on application for a bursary the applicant is means tested. Bursaries are awarded to impoverished youth and for the purpose of helping them do something that would be of benefit their future career. Why is a young woman from a very wealthy family given a bursary to travel the world

I read many of the comments under the article and from those it seems that many businesses are giving 'bursaries' so that future employees can do something but that the company can't actually employ full time at the moment.

As I read these comments it seems that the bursaries are being given to keep the young employee with the company probably to prevent them going elsewhere.

To me it seems that companies are simply using the term 'bursary' to really say 'look we can't employ you full time at the moment but we don't want to lose you so here is a payment that we are calling a 'bursary' and we would like you to use it to travel and gain some other experiences that we and you can use when the financial position improves and we can have you on the books full time'.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Chelsy at the cover of Royalty-Magazine:

http://www.royalty-magazine.com/features/cover.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow it's rare to see Chelsy on the cover of a magazine. Unlike Kate M. who seems to be on many covers of HELLO lately even if she just attends a movie premiere. Sometimes I think the Middleton's have a special deal with HELLO.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Majesty

"The Final Farewell"???? Farewell to what? Haven't they just got back together? I knew that ROYALTY was behind in its reporting, but this....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Chelsy at the cover of Royalty-Magazine:

http://www.royalty-magazine.com/features/cover.jpg
Old 12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Wow it's rare to see Chelsy on the cover of a magazine. Unlike Kate M. who seems to be on many covers of HELLO lately even if she just attends a movie premiere. Sometimes I think the Middleton's have a special deal with HELLO.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Also wasn't HELLO the photographer for the Middleton's charity thing they did a couple months ago in which Kate ended up on the cover for as well. I wonder if she'll end up on the cover again for attending the recent Van Straubanzee fundraiser.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online
Another of Katie Nicholl's page fillers!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Also wasn't HELLO the photographer for the Middleton's charity thing they did a couple months ago in which Kate ended up on the cover for as well. I wonder if she'll end up on the cover again for attending the recent Van Straubanzee fundraiser.
Well looky looky here.
HELLO! - The place for daily celebrity news - hellomagazine.com
She's on the front cover for attending the Van Straubanzee fundraiser.

Quote:

I saw this article last week, sometimes I feel sorry for Kate when she is compared to Diana.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Seeing that she did end up on the cover for this... so perhaps HELLO is sending a photographer to each event Kate is at (at the Middletons request) so they get exclusive photos to print as part of the deal and Kate gets another cover for publicity. I have noticed that HELLO is very promotive towards Kate in saying how she'll be the next Princess, etc. And no other publications seem to promote her as much.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Seeing that she did end up on the cover for this... so perhaps HELLO is sending a photographer to each event Kate is at (at the Middletons request) so they get exclusive photos to print as part of the deal and Kate gets another cover for publicity. I have noticed that HELLO is very promotive towards Kate in saying how she'll be the next Princess, etc. And no other publications seem to promote her as much.
Perhaps, Hello recognises that there is little to be had in rubbishing somebody who appears to have a reasonable chance to be a very senior member of the BRF and be a crowd puller soon. Also, I suspect Hello readers tend to prefer reading positive stories about their subjects rather than negative ones.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

As a matter of curiousity, does Kate need endearing public relations moves with the British people? Do they not like her?....since I live in the states, I was unaware of this...Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
As a matter of curiousity, does Kate need endearing public relations moves with the British people? Do they not like her?....since I live in the states, I was unaware of this...Thanks in advance.
British people think of her as Waity-Katy, the girl who will stick around forever until Wills will finally pop the question. Some time ago the media picked up on what else Katy did apart from waiting - and all the clubbing, shopping, vactioning brought a lot of bad press upon her. Since then, camp Middleton has been busy promoting Kate as a working indivudual (for her parents' company) and getting her involved in serious charity work.

But despite all the spin IMO the damage is done and the image sticks, in general the public couldn't care less about her, Britain is struggling with quite substantive issues right now therefore there is neither excitement about Kate possibly becoming a Princess nor the monarchy in general. People do respect the Queen as the institution or relict she is and maybe Prince Charles but this is where it ends. The young royals are seen as celebrities, not as servants to Britain.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
My view is that certain sections of the press (led by the likes of the Daily Mail) have decided to paint a very negative view of her, primarily becuase they could not find anything on her. So everything she does is criticised. The point about her partying goes on and on, even though she is hardly ever seen on the party / clun circuit in London now. Most people in the UK tend to know relatively little about her, as she keeps a discrete distance, and never speaks to the Press.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
I don't think the Middletons have requested her being followed, I think the magazine photographer does it on his own free will. Kate makes the news.

Quote:
To me personally she doesn't, her "move to being a princess" makes no difference to my opinion of her. She's known as waity-katie over here, thanks to the daily mails wonderful wordsman.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Yes, I agree. HELLO is hardly hard-hitting journalism. People read it for escapism, not for news; and I speak as one who picks it up occasionally. For example, when the minor Royals come to Canada, HELLO Canada will cover it. I buy it a few times a year. The picture quality is very good, but I do find the HELLO-speak a bit prosaic. Every female is described as the "pretty/athletic/talented-mum of two/three/four".

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Also, I suspect Hello readers tend to prefer reading positive stories about their subjects rather than negative ones.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
British people think of her as Waity-Katy, the girl who will stick around forever until Wills will finally pop the question. Some time ago the media picked up on what else Katy did apart from waiting - and all the clubbing, shopping, vactioning brought a lot of bad press upon her. Since then, camp Middleton has been busy promoting Kate as a working indivudual (for her parents' company) and getting her involved in serious charity work.
Yes this is my impression too.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I don't think the Middletons have requested her being followed, I think the magazine photographer does it on his own free will. Kate makes the news.
How do you think they know to show up in the first place? How do you think they get their "exclusive" photos. Kate doesn't make news - the public isn't that interested in her. HELLO was the photographer at their charity PR thing they did.

Duke of Marmalade you are quite right. After 6 years of dating it's too little too late. I'm afraid anything they do at this point will come across as contrived.
And as much as I hate to admit it you're right about the younger generation being tepid toward the royals. Most aren't as supportive as someone like me is... but that doesn't stop me from trying to convert them. bwahahahaha
Old 12-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Majesty

If they get engaged, and if they appear to be genuinely loving, I predict that attitutes toward her will change a great deal.

Quote:
After 6 years of dating it's too little too late. I'm afraid anything they do at this point will come across as contrived.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press