William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how credible this is, but 3 weeks ago coincides (roughly) with the last time PH used a pic of him & chelsy as his FB profile pic.

later, harry told angela that he'd made a cock of himself with me. angela asked him didnt he have a girlfriend anyway and he replied that they'd broken up three weeks ago... i felt quite flattered to be considered as the prince's rebound.. and now jerry calls me princess harry :eek:)
the yellow brick road: prince harry

The autobiographical section says that she's in Sweden. Any sightings of Prince Harry in Sweden?

Not sure how credible this is, but 3 weeks ago coincides (roughly) with the last time PH used a pic of him & chelsy as his FB profile pic.

Oh, I see. Interesting story. I wonder whether the papers will find out about her. Oh, of course they will...they must read TRF!;)

She didn't update her bio. If you read the blog a little, you'll see that she's living & working in London.

KM in current People Magazine, 20 September 2010, issue

Kate is featured in People Magazine with a half-page article (ad) about the Middleton family's online party-supply store, p. 151, 20 Sept. 2010 issue. I'd love to order the Princess-crown-shaped cookie cutter and gingerbread cookie mix. However, the $43 cost to ship it to the US is too much for this commoner!

Swedes pave the way for Wills and Kate | Mail Online

A senior Clarence House aide reveals: ‘We have been following the courtship of Victoria of *Sweden and her partner, Daniel Westling, very closely. She is the heir to the Swedish throne and has married someone of *similar social standing to Kate Middleton. It has proved a success.

Swedes pave the way for Wills and Kate | Mail Online

A senior Clarence House aide reveals: ‘We have been following the courtship of Victoria of *Sweden and her partner, Daniel Westling, very closely. She is the heir to the Swedish throne and has married someone of *similar social standing to Kate Middleton. It has proved a success.

It has proved a success.

I would have thought that after only a couple of months that isn't really enough time to make that comment. Maybe in 20 or 30 years that judgement can't be made but not after about 90 days. They are still in the honeymoon period.

This article by is sick. The article shows it is the press putting press like they did to Prince Charles and Lady Diana. I know Prince William and Ms Middleton don't give a d...... what others think.

There are some valid questions and points in that article. What kind of man is William that he allows the ridicule of Kate waiting interminably for him to publicly commit to her? Regardless of what private agreement these two have publicly she is continually abused with comments like 'Waity Kaity' and lazy etc. William is allowing this abuse to continue which simply raises the question of 'what kind of man is he?'

I don't agree necessarily with the conclusion of the article but do agree that it has some validity.

There are some valid questions and points in that article. What kind of man is William that he allows the ridicule of Kate waiting interminably for him to publicly commit to her? Regardless of what private agreement these two have publicly she is continually abused with comments like 'Waity Kaity' and lazy etc. William is allowing this abuse to continue which simply raises the question of 'what kind of man is he?'

I don't agree necessarily with the conclusion of the article but do agree that it has some validity.

I don't think what's been said in the press bothers either one of them. THEY know what's between them and that's what matters. Once either of them start responding to the claptrap printed in the press, it opens the door to even more being flung at them.

I don't think what's been said in the press bothers either one of them. THEY know what's between them and that's what matters. Once either of them start responding to the claptrap printed in the press, it opens the door to even more being flung at them.

It mightn't bother them but it does raise questions about what type of man William is that he allows the press and the public to humiliate his girlfriend in this way? That is the gist of the argument - that William is happy to have his 'love' subjected to all sorts of negative comments from the press and the public where a simple statement 'we indeed to marry at some time in the future when we are ready' would immediately change the situation with regard to the increasingly negative public perception of her, which will only increase as time goes on. This negative perception is also being attached to William himself with some people, in comments attached to DM articles, even suggesting that Harry should be the next King. Sometimes a comment to the press is needed but continuing for years to allow the press to denigrate the one you love is not the sign of a true love but the more I think about it the more I think the article is right and that William and Kate, if they marry, may fact problems as a result of this in the future. Some people will never give up their opinion of Kate that has been formed now and it could come back to bite the royal family in the years ahead in one way or another.

Iluvbertie what kind of man is Prince William? First and foremost a royal that doesn't speak to the press unless he has too. I think they both laugh at the Waity Kaity, lazy Kate and to marry in 6 months every year since the relationship was reveled to the press. His mother went to the press and what did it do for her?-helped cause her death. Prince William and Ms Middleton are only 28. Most young adults marry here in the US after thirty. To me if I was Catherine the only press that I would be mad at is the criticism of her mother. That would had been hard for her. I am waiting to see if she has her charity photography showing to decide if she was hurt from the press calling her lazy and with no career.

No Prince William and Ms Middleton are trying to live out of the lime light now. They tried the public life and got bad press. Most royals don't speak about bad press. I don't think this couple should either.:sad:

The abuse that William has allowed to be thrown at Kate?

Please...there are two people in the relationship and while its easy to assume that William holds the power in the relationship (at least as it relates to any future wedding) Kate can leave anytime she wants to. No one is making her stay in a relationship with no marriage. No one is making Kate put her life on hold until they get married. She is a grown woman, who can think for herself, get a job outside of her parents home (I recognize the limitations placed upon her by the paps), do a little coummunity service, WHATEVER she wants. She chooses to do nothing. That's Kate not William.

She can give it up tomorow and be Kate Middleton who used to date Prince William of Wales. She can go do her photo show in NYC, vacation until the cows go home, marry a nice guy and have babies. She can do whatever she wants.

we indeed to marry at some time in the future when we are ready' would immediately change the situation with regard to the increasingly negative public perception of her, which will only increase as time goes on.

Iluvbertie I don't think that announcement would change opinions already formed about the couple. Prince William made a press announcement in 2004 he would not marry until he was at least 28 or 30. What did that get him? Press about marriage each year of his relationship. Can you imagine what would happen to them with that announcement about marriage sometime in the future. The press would follow them around full force and not leave them alone.:ohmy:

Some people will never give up their opinion of Kate that has been formed now and it could come back to bite the royal family in the years ahead in one way or another.

I think Catherine will make an wonderful consort for King William. Her love for her husband, children and her good works will change minds. If a person is just black and white I wouldn't care about their opinion.

Not sure what is going on in the relationship, but I hope she never makes it beyond girlfriend.

Iluvbertie I don't think that announcement would change opinions already formed about the couple. Prince William made a press announcement in 2004 he would not marry until he was at least 28 or 30. What did that get him? Press about marriage each year of his relationship. Can you imagine what would happen to them with that announcement about marriage sometime in the future. The press would follow them around full force and not leave them alone.:ohmy:

I think Catherine will make an wonderful consort for King William. Her love for her husband, children and her good works will change minds. If a person is just black and white I wouldn't care about their opinion.

Wiliam didn't make a press annocement about marrying at 28 or 30. He was in a bar and made a comment which was reported by the press. A different scenario.

William could easily make an announcement about the future but is preferring to allow his girlfriend to be mocked in the press and by the public.

Most of you seem to think that that is ok. Kate seems ok with it because she is sticking to him like glue - but that is further damaging her credibility with much of the public who see her as a social climber who has her man and will hang on for all she can.

However that negative press will continue to grow and could even reach the point where the public won't accept her. The press in Britain is so anti-the monarchy in many ways already - particularly papers like the DM, which seems determined to destroy the royals that having a future princess not respected and a future King who hasn't stood up for that 'love' will simply add fuel to the fire.

William is coming across more and more as a selfish individual - but considering his parents that not a surprise is it? Neither of them put anyone or anything before their own wants and desires so why should I expect their son to be any different. He is a typical royal but with none of the style of a royal simply wanting to be normal but also refusing to commit because it doesn't suit his timeline of life.

She might make a good consort but she want get respect from a lot of people due to doing nothing and simply waiting for William.

This board has opened my eyes so much to the syncophants who have kept the royals in position for so long and this article and the way it has been received is further proof. Rather than actaully looking at the arguments in the article people looked at it as an attack on William and didn't really think about whether or not there might be some validity in the article.

The article is asking 'What sort of man allows the woman he loves to be vilified publicly without saying anything?' Think about Joe Blow - his mates tell him that his girlfriend is a waste of space because she doesn't do anything except take care of him and that she has no self-respect as a result. Joe Blow would turn around to his friends and defend his girlfriend but William, in that situation does nothing but allow the vilification to continue. That is what the article is getting at - that William seems content to allow the press and the public to criticise his girlfriend and to denigrate her and does nothing to defend her. The article is right.

What do you think that William should do? Can he do anything besides make a statement?

William could easily make an announcement about the future but is preferring to allow his girlfriend to be mocked in the press and by the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
It mightn't bother them but it does raise questions about what type of man William is that he allows the press and the public to humiliate his girlfriend in this way? That is the gist of the argument - that William is happy to have his 'love' subjected to all sorts of negative comments from the press and the public where a simple statement 'we indeed to marry at some time in the future when we are ready' would immediately change the situation with regard to the increasingly negative public perception of her, which will only increase as time goes on. This negative perception is also being attached to William himself with some people, in comments attached to DM articles, even suggesting that Harry should be the next King. Sometimes a comment to the press is needed but continuing for years to allow the press to denigrate the one you love is not the sign of a true love but the more I think about it the more I think the article is right and that William and Kate, if they marry, may fact problems as a result of this in the future. Some people will never give up their opinion of Kate that has been formed now and it could come back to bite the royal family in the years ahead in one way or another.

The minute either Kate or William do make a comment about their relationship such as "we do plan to marry" or "Kate is working on (such and such) for (such and such)" or even "you'll just have to wait and see" or even "I expect a ring by the holidays or I'm dumping him" or (fill in your own response here), its going to be like dumping a gallon of gasoline on a tea light lit in a room of old newspapers and I think they both realize that. The best way to NOT flame the fires of what is being said is to totally ignore them. The comments and the opinions of people that are speculating their lives aren't going to go away and they've learned to live with that.

What they are doing is very nicely telling us that they're not going to tell us anything at all. I think that is what is really annoying to a lot of people. Will's mom was photographed almost daily... any article about William and Kate you notice the photos are ones we've seen a million times before. Kate could have gone blond with a short sassy haircut two weeks ago and we'd not know. :ROFLMAO:

As much as Will has grown up with the paps and how they constantly followed his mother do you really blame him for keeping things OUT of the press? Their relationship to them is private and they wish to keep it that way. As far as opinion on Will being King, he's still out there and in the news... its his private life that isn't. He knows that public opinion really doesn't matter one iota as for his choice in Queen Consort and Kate makes him happy. Maybe he'd rather shop with her for toilet paper rather than jet set the world in Armani suits? They have their lives right now on an ordinary level and want to enjoy that as much as possible for as long as they can. The negative comments and opinions is the downside they're living with in order to do just that.

I admire the both of them for being closed mouthed.

Osipi, I think you're right when you say that they just want (as much as possible) to live an ordinary life, away from the press for as long as they can. I suspect that William, because of the way the press hounded his Mother and her tragic death will always carry scars in regards to the press.

Osipi, I think you're right when you say that they just want (as much as possible) to live an ordinary life, away from the press for as long as they can. I suspect that William, because of the way the press hounded his Mother and her tragic death will always carry scars in regards to the press.

However in the process he is allowing the press and the public continually disparage and attack his girlfriend - which is the point of the article - that he is allowing his girlfriend to be put down and that in the process of allowing that people are loosing respect for him.

His avoidance of the media is one thing but at some time he will have to learn to get the balance right which at the moment he most certainly hasn't on this issue and the longer it goes the worse it will get.

At the moment the royal family, except for Charles, is virtually invisible - and this leave room for the press to attack and the public to be swayed by the press - just as they were to make his mother into a saint and to attack the Queen in the week after Diana's death. He needs to learn to use the media and not simply to avoid it at all times.

If William was running for public office in the US, what the press says and thinks about the two of them would matter. You WANT public opinion and you strive to get it.

Not so with royalty

The entire BRF know that what the press thinks and what they want the public to think is a flash in the pan.
HM and her entourage and family all retire to Scotland for their own vacation during this time too. She can wash dishes and Phil can bbq and burn deer steaks to his hearts content and the the leftovers stored in tupperware for breakfast or the corgis. The fact that HM is at Holyrood and the DoE was at the airport to greet the Pope was groundbreaking.

Bertie... what kind of statement are you looking for from either of them? Which of any one we could dream up would actually do any good?

I'm sure that's a big part of what he carries with him also bit I think too perhaps the biggest gift he carries is being "touchable". Not feely, huggy, snuggle touchable but to be empathic. That's why right now SAR is so important to him.

Bertie... what kind of statement are you looking for from either of them? Which of any one we could dream up would actually do any good?

Just an odd thought that makes my mind go bump in the night.

Have we ever seen an actual quote anywhere from Kate about Wills?

Have we ever seen an actual quote anywhere from Kate about Wills?

You mean about their relationship?

The press have reported a few quotes from William when he's told people to "Wait and see" about when he was marrying Kate etc. Don't know about Kate, but I've never expected to see a real quote from either of them, it's their relationship and they should keep it to themselves.

You mean about their relationship?

The press have reported a few quotes from William when he's told people to "Wait and see" about when he was marrying Kate etc. Don't know about Kate, but I've never expected to see a real quote from either of them, it's their relationship and they should keep it to themselves.

And there is Bart Simpson in fuzzy foot slippers and his Kate in sweats and a cami.. "Will you still call me daylight katy in years to come?"

shhhh don't tell :)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If William was running for public office in the US, what the press says and thinks about the two of them would matter. You WANT public opinion and you strive to get it.
Not so with royalty
That's the whole problem with royalty. Whether they like it or not they do need public opinion. And in this day and age, they need to understand the power of the press and how to use it to their advantage. Iluvbertie is correct when she says that the press sways the opinions of the public.

Unfortunately, Kate has been put in the position or has put herself in the position of being labeled lazy, waity Katie. If she does eventually become a royal, she may have trouble getting rid of the "lazy" opinion that many people have of her.

The public can be easily swayed. Look at the change in people's attitudes toward Prince Harry and Camilla, and Kate's not done anything in the leagues of what they've done. She hasn't had an affair with a married man while married herself, she hasn't worn Nazi emblems. There have been no stories about pot-smoking parties. If she becomes Princess William of Wales, all she has to do is work in public and look respectable and the jibes will be forgotten.

If she does eventually become a royal, she may have trouble getting rid of the "lazy" opinion that many people have of her.

I think you need to read a bit more carefully. I don't think that there has been any real change in the general attitude of people to Camilla at all. There is a very strong anti-Camilla body who post regularly on the DM that she isn't fit to be Charles' Queen and that Charles isn't fit to be King either because he married her.

There is more tolerance of her but not love for her. People know that she won't be Queen Consort for very long and nor is she the mother of the future King but Kate would probably be Queen Consort for 30+ years and the mother of the future monarchs and thus people will need to love her. I don't see them doing that - particularly as I am increasingly seeing a reduction in the respect for William.

Harry was always going to be excused on the grounds of age but if he does something like that again he won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom