William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, Diana's tiara was her family's. When Kate marries William, she would likely be using one of the royal family's tiaras. Although, I would like to think William would give Kate her own tiara. Sounds like a nice wedding gift. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Star magazine the same one that we were discussing a few days ago? If so, the article is clearly labelled as "fan fiction" on the website. I think that Kate's wedding dress and ensemble will be distinctly NON-Diana-like. For one thing, I don't think that William would want to bring back all those memories to his father.

Oops! Didn't realize it was talked about already. I had to post it cause I went to the store today and as soon I walked in I was bombarded with Kate and Wills wedding. I don't really pay attention to the magazine rack but there was so many that it caught me off guard. What makes them think she will wear Dianas jewelry...I dont know. Star magazine is bull.

The posts were in the thread about William, Harry, Girlfriends and the Press. I just realized that now when I went looking for the article. So that's why you didn't see the conversation in this thread--it wasn't here.;) Here's the link.

Star Magazine | News | William & Kate's $40 Million Wedding of the Century.

If you go to the site now, there's an ad to the right of the article. When the link was first posted, there was bold black type saying that the article was fan fiction. Honest.:)

Hmmm, gotcha. Thanks for the info Mermaid:flowers:.

Guess we'll see about this coming week supposed events.

He will also have some input into the title - something in Scotland springs to mind as well due to the St Andrews connection.
Somewhere along the The Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick lines Bertie?

Somewhere along the The Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick lines Bertie?

Those will have to wait until he is heir to the throne as they are already taken but something to do with St Andrews perhaps, where they meet or even Balmoral or ???

Those will have to wait until he is heir to the throne as they are already taken but something to do with St Andrews perhaps, where they meet or even Balmoral or ???

St Andrew's is taken, its a subsitary title of the Duke of Kent-his son is Earl of St Andrews. However, I like the idea of Balmoral. Earl of Balmoral works, and I would wonder if HM would give an Earlship since when she passes, William will become Duke of Cornwall.

St Andrew's is taken, its a subsitary title of the Duke of Kent-his son is Earl of St Andrews. However, I like the idea of Balmoral. Earl of Balmoral works, and I would wonder if HM would give an Earlship since when she passes, William will become Duke of Cornwall.

I am sure that there are other things associated with St Andrews that could be used (and of course he could be Duke of St Andrews while the Earldom is used as a coutesy title for the Duke of Kent's son.

I don't see any reason not to give William a dukedom. His great-great grandfather was Duke of York before becoming Duke of Cornwall etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry get an Earldom only though as he will only be the younger son of the monarch, in the same way that Edward is...remembering that times had changed between Andrew getting his dukedom and Edward getting married. Yes I also know that in time, if everything goes to plan, Edward will be created Duke of Edinburgh but that isn't necessarily going to happen but probably will. Harry could be given an Earldom on a similar promise - the he would be created Duke of York when Andrew passes (possibly in 30 - 40 years).

I would expect Harry to get an Earldom and William to get a dukedom.

Another one. I suppose that there are no interesting news nowdays.

Celebritology 2.0 - Royal update: Kate Middleton not pregnant

Star magazine is claiming a royal bun is cooking in the oven of the as-yet-unengaged Kate Middleton, aka Prince William's longtime girlfriend. According to the mag's upcoming cover a royal wedding is on hold while Buckingham Palace figures out how best to spin the news.

If there was any truth in Kate being pregnant she would be engaged and the wedding date set so that the child would be legitimate (or she would be having an abortion).

There would be know waiting around trying to figure out what to do.

There were stories about Kate being pregnant a couple of years ago as well that also turned into nothing - the headlines were something like 'Royal pregnancy fears for Wills and Kate'.

Oh come on, where ever they stay they location is going to be found out.
If Harry doesn't stay with Chelsy, Chelsy will stay with Harry.

Oh come on, where ever they stay they location is going to be found out.
If Harry doesn't stay with Chelsy, Chelsy will stay with Harry.

I doubt it during the formal part of his visit to SA. I would expect that he would be at somewhere like the British High Commission or British Consulate but after the official tour is over I would expect him to stay with her.

I doubt it during the formal part of his visit to SA. I would expect that he would be at somewhere like the British High Commission or British Consulate but after the official tour is over I would expect him to stay with her.

That is if he stays in SA before flying to NY. But after so long away from home, I would presume he would return.
But is has been said, in newspaper article i know, that she and Kate will spend the night before the match with William and Harry. That could be a few hours I know but :ermm:
I think the excuse "everyone knows where Chelsy lives is a valid one" everyone knows where he lives in the UK. They know where the Commission of the Consulate are, she can't bare that much of an extra security risk now that she has been with him for that long.

My gut feeling is that he will not marry Kate. Don't ask me why, but that's just the gut feeling. I don't know who a suitable match would be, but somehow, to me, she's not it.

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to agree with you. People have been predicting an engagement for these two for FOUR years, and when William broke up with her briefly a couple of years ago the British press acted as though he was a criminal because THEY had been "cheated" out of a wedding! :bang:

I kind of feel for William at this point...I think he likes things the way they are and really is in no rush to marry this young lady.

And if she chooses to stick around indefinitely it's HER problem.

This is what happened with Prince Charles, the press wanted Diana and wanted a wedding. William feels the pressure. It is too bad that if Kate is the right one, they are waiting so long. It makes it so hard on her and him and everything feels so old and used by the times it does happen. (more time for the public to find fault)

Hello! Magazine was the absolute worst during the brief breakup...reproaching William for "letting her go"...taunting him by putting her on their covers and crowing about how smashing she looked without him...they even went so far as to suggest that the Prince of Wales should pay to send Kate abroad and finance her upkeep for awhile as compensation for not bagging William! :lol:

Has anyone ever heard of anything so stupid, so outrageous?? The girl comes from a wealthy family!

One would think Hello! was on the Middleton family payroll the way they carried on. I haven't a clue why they seem so fixated on the idea of her as William's wife. :ermm:

The same press who is touting this girl and this engagement will be the first ones sniping at the couple and watching their every move for signs of a rift once they ARE married...just ask Prince Charles. :whistling:

It isn't actually the press's fault that is writes stories like that but the general public's. If the public didn't buy this trash and thus finance the press they wouldn't write the rubbish but because the ordinary people in the street, who will cheer them on their wedding day, will then want to read about trouble rather than happily ever after, the press will write the stuff to feed the desires of the press and thus it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The press are writing about trouble for Charles and Camilla as that will sell more than them being blissfully happy and the same will happen with whomever William marries - the public won't buy love stories forever but will buy drama and marriage splits etc (just like the press aren't responsible for the photos that they buy from the paparazzi as they only buy them because the general public will buy the papers/magazines etc with them in and hence the public are the ones truly responsible for the drivel in the press).

Point taken, ILB, but it is NOT the general public that is clamoring for an engagement announcement from Clarence House...it is NOT the general public that has taken it upon themselves to act as a sort of personal cheerleader for Kate(far from it, if the letters to the Daily Mail are any indication:ermm:) It is the Press, and they will lead the charge when they need to up their sales by looking for trouble whether it exists or not.

I know how Schadenfreude factors into this...but I somehow doubt that William and Kate are exciting enough on their own to attract the sort of frenzy and need-to-know among the public that William's parents did.

The press are giving the general public what the general public wants to read - a young prince in love and about to marry. Some members of the general public don't like the idea of him marrying her but many people do want that to happen and are willing to sustain the press's aims by buying the papers etc. If no one bought, or commented on the stories, then the press wouldn't be able to justify publishing them. Even the antis are feeding the press its justification by simply making the anti comments that they are making.

No no.... The press write about what they THINK the general public wants to read and since there is a steady group of people who will by those magazines no matter what is is written in them they will always sell.

The press know the normal sales rate and what types of stories sell more copies - and negative stories about royals do sell extra copies and it is the extra copies that keeps the press going - not the day to day sales but the stories that sell more copies than normal.
The press knew that simply putting Diana on the cover would guarantee and extra 20% or so sales to normal as that is how many people would buy the paper/magazine etc simply to read some little snippet about her.

The press know that happy William sells at the moment but once he is settled then they know that they will need to come up with a new angle to get the sales and that is where the press play their part but where the gullible public plays theirs - by buying the stuff and believing it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom