The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, something isn't adding up.

From the Daily Mail article:

"The royal girlfriend has apparently asked that everyone call her Catherine, a name with a much more formal ring and a queenly history."

Please note, "apparently." Which isn't quite the same as a report of an actual fact.

It then goes on to say

""No one ever referred to her as Kate - ever," says a former classmate."

Erm, what, never? Well, hardly ever...

...because when the Party Pieces website had the bios of the people who worked there, she was listed as Kate, not Catherine.

So apparently the former classmate is a bit out of date.

I think a pinch of salt is called for with this particular article.

The question of class has come up repeatedly in discussions about Kate and her family, even if not directly in recent conversation in this thread. As a forum moderator, Zonk has had to deal with some pretty ugly fights about whether Kate is a complete waste of space from a disgustingly lower-middle-class family or the shining saviour of the British monarchy. I can assure you that she's quite relaxed about it, so I suggest you don't jump to conclusions.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Commoner

I just want to say that, regarding the Middletons, IMO, motivation is everything. Perhaps it's their conduct which has rubbed people the wrong way - not their class. If Kate and William don't marry, that will come into play, because people will wonder why this girl wasted her twenties, without an assurance of some kind.

Other than that, surely we are all just expressing our opinions? Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, I don't know the history of the board, but it's natural that we should speculate, observe, and form opinions with and without facts. What else should we do?

I agree that vitriol and unsubstantiated insults are unwarranted though. On that note, I'm clueless around here, I admit.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisJackson View Post
Of course, I don't know the history of the board, but it's natural that we should speculate, observe, and form opinions with and without facts. What else should we do?
Hi ParisJackson. Seeing that you're new here I just wanted to let you know that baseless speculations are not allowed on this forum. You can give an opinion based on facts but the moderators don't allow speculating. I just wanted to let you know.
Welcome to the Royal Forums.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Commoner

Thank you.

But now I'm confused: why then do we have a thread entitled "William and Kate engagement rumours and musings"?

So, are we allowed to 'speculate' and muse about weddings, but nothing else?

Perhaps it's semantics, but just about everything discussed on a message board would, IMO, originate back to 'speculation'. We 'speculate' about girls deemed ideal for PW and PH etc. Perhaps it is meant to convey that spreading derogatory, potentially defamatory, unfounded rumour is not allowed?

I admit, I might have been a bit loose with my language.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is the FAQ about speculation, which goes into more detail about the reasoning behind the rule:

I received a message from a moderator saying that my post had been removed because it contained speculation. We don't know the royals and we get all our information second hand, so isn't it all speculation?

Our rule about speculation is intended to prevent tabloid-type flights of fancy which often slip into outright fantasy and sometimes even libel. While we realise that much of the information posted in the threads is based on reports in the media which we can't verify, we expect posters to base their statements on published reports rather than on wishful thinking or unsubstantiated hearsay. The forum moderators have the final say about whether posts are unacceptably speculative. Disagreements with moderator decisions must take place via private message, not by arguing in the threads and certainly not by reposting deleted material.

If you have questions about the rule and its application, feel free to contact any of the admins or post in the Support and Feedback forum.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Bunte has in its new issue a report about Kate and William. The title is "Training for the Crown, Throne and William".

http://i.bunte.de/imp/img/index/09_35/a.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Prince William and Kate Middleton photo thieves branded 'Dumb and Dumber' by judge | Mail Online
Old 08-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

It isn't full moon is it?

I've just deleted another personal spat including another attempt by a member to play moderator.

We have a first-rate moderation team in the British forum, and I strongly suggest that the members leave the moderation to them. In the meantime, just FYI, please be aware that when members delete or edit their posts, the moderation team can still see the original versions, so we can track the timeline of these outbreaks even if posts have been altered.

Perhaps we can get back on topic and stay there now...

Elspeth
TRF admin
Old 08-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Luckily the camera stick had been returned to the Middleton's.

Note to William: Don't let girlfriends take intimate pictures of you again.

Actually, I think this is something celebrities and high profile people in general need to be careful of. You never know who's hands they might fall into. Or even if an embittered partner might sell them out of revenge after a break up or something.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Nobility

,,The pictures apparently showed Prince William wearing a woman's hat and his girlfriend doing yoga in a bikini on a Middleton family holiday to the Caribbean island of Mustique. "

Fortunately there wasn't anything bad on this photos, and Will and Kate are very common sense so they didn't any naked photos or sex movies etc. Anyway that's not very pleasant situation.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The moment William proposed to Kate Middleton... in a school play 14 years-ago | Mail Online (23/08/2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Courtier

The video is kind of cute: I have seen few pictures of Kate from her childhood / school years.

By the way, note that her classmate calls her 'Catherine', so there might be some truth in Kate's alleged request to call her "Catherine" (as per DM).
Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Let's move on from the "Catherine" talk.

I have friends named Jennifer...sometimes I call them Jen and sometimes I call them Jennifer. I am sure Catherine/Kate has people in her life that have called her one or the other at some point.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

This video was used in the German program series about married Royal Crown Princely couples. So I don't know why they did one on William/Kate since they're not even at least engaged yet. Strange.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Courtier

New Pics of Kate and William at shooting hunting in Balmoral. I can't read the article..

Kate Middleton: Jagd nach der Krone - Unterhaltung - Royals - Bild.de
Old 09-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The headline says "Hunting for the crown". The article says that Kate Middleton has been invited for the pheasant hunting to Balmoral by the Queen. But Kate and William are accommodate in separate bedrooms.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy 'back together' | Mail Online
Old 09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Huh, are On-Off-relationships a new trend in BRF??

Well, if its true, I would be delighted. IMO Chelsy and Harry are a good match.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Majesty

If this is true, fasten your seatbelts. I predict a lot of drama.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Courtier

I'd be delighted if it were true, although Katie Nicholl is hardly someone I trust: she is just a bit too fond of simply making things up.
Nevertheless, I tend to believe Harry and Chelsy are together: as a matter of fact, neither I, nor any of our friends believed they had separated in the first place.

To make things even more complicated, Telegraph has a rather different story to tell about Prince Harry's love life.
The women in the life of Prince Harry
Quote:
While Chelsy Davy seems to be heading further and further out of Prince Harry's orbit, another woman who has figured in his life appears to be heading back into it.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press