The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Commoner

Thank you Ella Kay. That's interesting. I did not realise they were edited. But there are a great many of them, all edited? I've always thought she started out so well. I think personally that it all just went to her head. She just bought into all the glowing media reports about her. So it is a tremendous shock to see those You Tubes, edited or not. I think it still conveys a difference picture of her to the one we were initially presented with and the two are not reconcilable.
I do prefer Chelsy, there I think its a case of what you see is what you get. I think the press got Kate and Chelsy wrong from the very beginning.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

When I say edited, I mean assembled -- edited together to present a very specific (and very negative) depiction of Kate. They decide on a narrative, choose often unflattering photos to accompany it, and put the whole thing together. They already dislike Kate (extremely, in some cases), and they create the videos in that mindset.

I think you're right, though, that we often get conflicting images of Kate, mostly because the vast majority of what we know about her is what the tabloids publish. And just like the people who assemble those videos, they have a specific agenda when they write articles.

If William and Kate do end up engaged and then married, it's going to be really interesting to learn more about who Kate really is, rather than piecing together various perceptions of her based on media tidbits or personal biases, I think.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Whether Kate marries William or not, we are never going to get a completely correct picture of her, unless we know her personally.

I have watched a single video about Kate Middleton on YouTube and honestly, I was appalled: there was just too much unreasonable venom in the comments, the way of presenting pictures was very unpleasant and the accompanying comments were simply gross. So yes, while the pictures used were mostly real, the manner of their presentation was twisted.
So far, Kate Middleton has done nothing to deserve such attitude. She has done nothing to earn much respect or admiration either; she is just an ordinary young woman in unusual situation.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Courtier

I think Kate is savvy about how to deal with the media and that might be what pisses some people off. But the reality is that she was brought up in the information age, she should be savvy. Anyone in their 20's and early 30's is well aware of what fame is from the countless gossip magazines, internet blogs, and 24 hour paparazzi updates...this generation has been brought up on this type of material form an early age.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A not surprising article, with a not surprising back drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I still believe that the picture of Kate standing so close to the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry is significant, even though it was taken last year. An engagment will not surprise me.
Yes I agree with you, that picture is significant, stood next to two of the most senior royals. The only other thing more significant would be a picture taken with Her Majesty. Maybe this eyy' mermaid?
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Majesty

I'm not sure what you mean. Is "eyy, " a typo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

. Maybe this eyy' mermaid?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Harry and the Armani blonde - a perfect fit: Prince moves on to ANOTHER fair-haired beauty | Mail Online
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Motorcycle lessons

On top of the motorcycle lesson (which sounds completely awesome). This article covers the three women he has been linked to in the past month...busy guy

Examiner Story
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

I thought how the author ended the article with the fact that she didn't think he was dating anyone but that didn't sell newspapers was cute. And true - stories about them doing nothing don't sell a lot of newspapers.

As for the women -
Natalie Imbruglia denied she was dating him, though there are pictures of Harry dressed as a doctor going to some costume party of hers out there, so who knows if she's telling the truth.
Natalie Imbruglia denies dating Prince Harry | Celebrity gossip | Marie Claire

I've read the stories of Chelsy being back with Harry other places, too, though there are recent stories of her with other guys.
KATIE NICHOLL: Romance is blossoming for Chelsy Davy and her new man Dominic Rose | Mail Online

That leaves - what's her name? -PR girl Stephanie Haynes. I'd be curious to see a picture of her, if anyone has one. Anyway, she denied dating Harry, too, but I guess they all would whether or not it was true. Maybe he's dating all three at once.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Wills, Kate, Harry, Press

A number of stories on the Examiner site this week having to do with Wills, Kate, and Harry (and the press). I thought I'd just combine into one posting.

Arrests finally made in the William and Kate photo theft, plus the confusing stories around Harry's lovelife!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Not quite sure where put to this - since there isn't a "William came thisclose to dating Princess Madeline" thread, guess I'll throw it up here.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...Madeleine.html
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Prince william misses the bus with Princess Madeleine

Prince William misses the bus with Princess Madeleine - Telegraph
Old 08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
Whether Kate marries William or not, we are never going to get a completely correct picture of her, unless we know her personally.

I have watched a single video about Kate Middleton on YouTube and honestly, I was appalled: there was just too much unreasonable venom in the comments, the way of presenting pictures was very unpleasant and the accompanying comments were simply gross. So yes, while the pictures used were mostly real, the manner of their presentation was twisted.
So far, Kate Middleton has done nothing to deserve such attitude. She has done nothing to earn much respect or admiration either; she is just an ordinary young woman in unusual situation.
I have seen some of them youtubes on Kate and I have to agree with 100%
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regading Chelvy Davy has been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royals-ex-partners-7453.html.

Zonk

Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taree View Post
I've always thought she started out so well. I think personally that it all just went to her head. She just bought into all the glowing media reports about her.
Couldn't agree more, especially when she stated, "Call me Catherine". Whatever.
Many Brits are tired of unimpressive Kate and her self-promoting family.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I quite agree. William needs to do something and quick, else the some peoples opinion of her is only going to lower.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I was under the impression that was something the tabloids started? Has anyone every found proof that she requested to be called Catherine?

Personally, I hope that the two are truly in love and are prepared to deal with the British public and their role in the British monarchy.

The venom directed at Kate and her family is just so disturbing on some many levels. People who have never had a conversation with her (and that includes myself) make judgement on calls on tons of erroneous information. I mean, until recently no one has heard the girl speak a word and yet we all know her inner most thoughts. And this is not directed directly at you cd255. You only have to surf the internet and log onto some of the chat rooms to read some of the nastiness that is leveled at Kate . Can you imagine being hated by legions of people you have never met nor are likely to? Just because you love someone? And they don't think you are good enough?

I also find it interesting that it appears that some of the British public look down on the Middleton's for trying to move out of their class by pushing their daughter on the British monarchy. As if the Middleton's are forgetting their place. Its like everyone should live and die in the same class structure. Interesting. I mean other than chewing nicotine guy at William's Sandhurst graduation, mentioning the toilet instead of the loo, that brother of hers publicizing his cake business, and the unfortunate Uncle Gary mess (which I am sure the Middletons did not push) what exactly have they done to "push" themselves on the Royal Family and the British public?

Personally, there is not enough money (if one is motivated by it) that would encourage me or anyone I know to marry into that family. The loss of privacy is priceless.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I was under the impression that was something the tabloids started? Has anyone every found proof that she requested to be called Catherine?
I'm not too sure.
Here's the DailyMail article.

'Call me Catherine', says Kate Middleton as proposal rumours hit fever pitch | Mail Online

Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Right...the Daily Mail...the paragon of the British press. I mean, REALLY!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Personally, I hope that the two are truly in love and are prepared to deal with the British public and their role in the British monarchy.

The venom directed at Kate and her family is just so disturbing on some many levels. People who have never had a conversation with her (and that includes myself) make judgement on calls on tons of erroneous information. I mean, until recently no one has heard the girl speak a word and yet we all know her inner most thoughts. And this is not directed directly at you cd255. You only have to surf the internet and log onto some of the chat rooms to read some of the nastiness that is leveled at Kate . Can you imagine being hated by legions of people you have never met nor are likely to? Just because you love someone? And they don't think you are good enough?

I also find it interesting that it appears that some of the British public look down on the Middleton's for trying to move out of their class by pushing their daughter on the British monarchy. As if the Middleton's are forgetting their place. Its like everyone should live and die in the same class structure. Interesting. I mean other than chewing nicotine guy at William's Sandhurst graduation, mentioning the toilet instead of the loo, that brother of hers publicizing his cake business, and the unfortunate Uncle Gary mess (which I am sure the Middletons did not push) what exactly have they done to "push" themselves on the Royal Family and the British public?

Personally, there is not enough money (if one is motivated by it) that would encourage me or anyone I know to marry into that family. The loss of privacy is priceless.
Good lord, I don't know what you're going on and on about. And nobody here said anything about her class. Relax will you!
Kate and her family do promote themselves through mingling with the press, websites, message boards. The British are not stupid.
We just want William to find the right girl for him and the Monarchy.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press