William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really back together?

There was never an official announcement to say they had split up. The BRF don't tend to take an informative royal on the relationships of William and Harry.
We must assume from the press that they split up, and that they are now back together. :)

:previous: Working on a long distance romance for him for a change? :D

Let's remember that this story of Chelsy traveling before starting work is from Katie Nicholl, who isn't exactly the most reliable correspondent these days. Also, she has the tendency to report vacations, for some reason... her "source," if she has one, is probably a travel agent.

Mario Testino sure knows how to pick his subjects:D Perhaps if and when Kate becomes part of the RF, she'll be able to sit for Mario. After all, his snaps of the late Princess Diana are simply timeless!

Kate Middleton glows at movie premiere as talk of a Royal wedding grows

She's been keeping out of the limelight in recent months, but Kate Middleton made a rare appearance in the public arena last night.
Prince William's girlfriend joined her friend Holly Branson at the premiere of Tenacity on the Tasman, held at the Odeon Leicester Square.

The 27-year-old wore a light blue mini dress, blazer and boots to watch the film - which charts the story of Olly Hicks, who at 23 became the first person to row solo from America to England.

I never really liked that dress. I guess it is ok for partying but for a movie premiere where you're bound to be photographed?
Kate has great hair but she does nothing to show them in attractive light. A ponytail? For a premiere? As for those (poor and tired) boots, I'd better not go there.

Forget about the dress...I thought I had hidden those boots from her!

Seriously though does the Daily Mail retread the articles and just change the year? They are truly slipping in the Royal Coverage and unless they have the Yorks or Princess Michael to bash (just my opinion about that), they pull out the 1) wedding is happening in 20__, Kate is going to Sandringham, moving to NYC, etc. My clock actually tells me that its about time for a I want to be called Catherine story when I marry.

I think it’s going to be “the Queen invited me to Sandringham but I want to spent my last Christmas as a single with my family, so I turned the invitation down” before the ‘call me Catherine’ one – after all, it’s nearly Christmas and they’ll need to come up with something to explain Kate’s absence. ;)

Just an additional information:
Olly Hicks is a very good friend of William and the Bransons, so Kate’s presence at the premiere is not surprising.

Who is Olly Hicks, is he a relation to India Hicks? And thus the Mountbatten family?

Zonk said:
Who is Olly Hicks, is he a relation to India Hicks? And thus the Mountbatten family?

I don't think Olly (his real name is Oliver, although no one uses it) is related to David Nightingale Hicks, unless very distantly, so no, he's not related to India, Edwina or Ashley Hicks and their children.
He does have an old aristocratic (gentry) background, although no famous ancestors.

Olly has broken quite a few rowing records; he was the first person to row solo from America to England and the youngest-ever person to row solo an ocean.

I remember when his 'Flying Carrot' arrived back (after he set the America to England record-breaking solo sail), he was greeted by the Bransons and Prince William.
William and Olly have been friends since they were teenagers, for 8-9 years at least.

Last edited:
I happen to think that Kate's hair looks refreshingly nice on her. She should put it up more often. But *sigh* about those old boots...

Yes, Olly hicks is a good friend of William and has been sponsored by Virgin for his expeditions. I think his latest one this year ended prematurely though... while rowing across Antarctica.

On a side note, Jecca Craig was also there.

I think Kate looks fine. When you're young and attractive and are built like that you can get away with a lot. IMO she should enjoy being in control of her wardrobe while she can.

Kate Middleton glows at movie premiere as talk of a Royal wedding grows

I never really liked that dress. I guess it is ok for partying but for a movie premiere where you're bound to be photographed?
Kate has great hair but she does nothing to show them in attractive light. A ponytail? For a premiere? As for those (poor and tired) boots, I'd better not go there.
Agree with you on the dress and the boots (she needs to retire these boots:lol:) but I actually like her hair for once. It is just so great to see her have it up for a change and not hanging all around her.

Yes, I think for xmass she should buy herself a pair of new boots, Love the hair it looks as if she may try and updo soon!!!!

Just an additional information:
Olly Hicks is a very good friend of William and the Bransons, so Kate’s presence at the premiere is not surprising.

That should've been mentioned in the Daily Mail article. They make it sound like Kate was showing up for no reason at the premiere, thus making her appear to be a social climber, party girl, etc.

:previous:

Daily Mail isn't exactly known for portraying anyone in a good light.
They are hardly going to mention the fact that the movie was about Kate and William's good friend, or that a lot of other member of their 'set' were there as well, so it was almost a 'family affair'.

They just need more 'Waity Kaity' headlines.

Last edited:
Chelsy needs her beauty sleep on school nights!

Chelsy Davy is still working hard on her law studies even though she is planning on postponing her career for a year so that she can visit Lesotho to see Prince Harry’s charity work for herself.

Read more: Chelsy needs her beauty sleep on school nights! | WAGS World Cup

Chelsy Davy refuses to party on a school night, despite postponing her law career

Chelsy Davy may be postponing her law career for a year, but she is still hard at work on her studies.

Prince Harry’s 24-year-old girlfriend missed a party last week to celebrate seven years of Boujis, her favourite London nightclub, so that she could work.

KATIE NICHOLL: Chelsy Davy refuses to party on a school night, despite postponing her law career | Mail Online

I'm bewildered about the "bursary" the press keep mentioning. It's my understanding that on application for a bursary the applicant is means tested. Bursaries are awarded to impoverished youth and for the purpose of helping them do something that would be of benefit their future career. Why is a young woman from a very wealthy family given a bursary to travel the world :confused:

:previous:
Nice articles about Chelsy. :) I think she's glad she's dating Harry rather than wills. :p

I'm bewildered about the "bursary" the press keep mentioning. It's my understanding that on application for a bursary the applicant is means tested. Bursaries are awarded to impoverished youth and for the purpose of helping them do something that would be of benefit their future career. Why is a young woman from a very wealthy family given a bursary to travel the world :confused:

I read many of the comments under the article and from those it seems that many businesses are giving 'bursaries' so that future employees can do something but that the company can't actually employ full time at the moment.

As I read these comments it seems that the bursaries are being given to keep the young employee with the company probably to prevent them going elsewhere.

To me it seems that companies are simply using the term 'bursary' to really say 'look we can't employ you full time at the moment but we don't want to lose you so here is a payment that we are calling a 'bursary' and we would like you to use it to travel and gain some other experiences that we and you can use when the financial position improves and we can have you on the books full time'.

Wow it's rare to see Chelsy on the cover of a magazine. Unlike Kate M. who seems to be on many covers of HELLO lately even if she just attends a movie premiere. :p Sometimes I think the Middleton's have a special deal with HELLO. ;)

Wow it's rare to see Chelsy on the cover of a magazine. Unlike Kate M. who seems to be on many covers of HELLO lately even if she just attends a movie premiere. :p Sometimes I think the Middleton's have a special deal with HELLO. ;)
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Also wasn't HELLO the photographer for the Middleton's charity thing they did a couple months ago in which Kate ended up on the cover for as well. I wonder if she'll end up on the cover again for attending the recent Van Straubanzee fundraiser. :rolleyes:

Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is planning a Christmas warm-up for what Palace insiders are calling a ‘Princess-in-waiting role’ next year.
The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people.
With plans for a Royal wedding already in the early stages, Kate – nicknamed ‘Waity Katie’ due to her long-running romance without, as yet, so much as an engagement ring from the Prince – will prepare for her new role by fronting several charity parties in the run-up to Christmas for her parents’ company, Party Pieces.

KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online

Another of Katie Nicholl's page fillers!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Also wasn't HELLO the photographer for the Middleton's charity thing they did a couple months ago in which Kate ended up on the cover for as well. I wonder if she'll end up on the cover again for attending the recent Van Straubanzee fundraiser. :rolleyes:

Well looky looky here.
HELLO! - The place for daily celebrity news - hellomagazine.com
She's on the front cover for attending the Van Straubanzee fundraiser. :lol:

I saw this article last week, sometimes I feel sorry for Kate when she is compared to Diana. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom