The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Contrary to the impression some seem to have, I do not consider either William or Harry a waste of space, just in need of traing by myself or Mr S!
I'd pay good money for a front-row seat at the training session....

Old 03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Would you really expect me to give you the names, ranks and serial numbers of the mods that I personally know to be able to make the statement?
Well Moderators don't really come out of factories so you'll have to do without the serial number. Apart from that, would you mind explaining yourself in this thread? We'd like to keep this one focused on what it's really about, William, Harry, girlfriends and the press. If you want to share your Mod names, feel free to send Kimebear or myself a PM so we can deal with this properly and private, without going off-topic here.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I couldn't help but notice that my original post (294) has an edited by kimebear note for todays date?
As a matter of course, I don't usually give an editing reason for something minor like a spelling correction. Especially when it is my own post. However, in this case I have done so to avoid any hint of inpropriety.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Majesty

I found this about Charles's accident on this website: http://splashdown2.tripod.com/id16.html

There is of course this bizarre accident, which does not appear much on any websites but is Crown Copyright and extracted from Hansard regarding the crash at Islay with HRH Prince Charles at the controls

From Hansard 19th July 1995
Queens Flight (Incident at Islay )
Mr. Butcher: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will make a statement on the findings of the inquiry into the incident at Islay in June 1994 involving an aircraft of the Queens flight. [36349]
Mr. Arbuthnot: The inquiry into the incident on 29 June 1994 when a BAe 146 of the Queens flight ran off the runway after landing at Islay has been completed and I have placed a summary in the Library of the House. The captain and navigator were responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft and the supervision of HRH the Prince of Wales, who was flying as a pilot under instruction. The inquiry judged that the captain and navigator had been negligent in failing adequately to plan and to correct the approach and landing. Procedures for appointments of aircrew to the Queens Flight which is now part of No. 32 (The Royal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Absolutely not. One of the events that I came across during my time on the military sites this morning was a rather frank discussion of an incident that I was not familiar with before, although I'm sure many of you may be. It involved the helicopter of a Queen's Flight some years ago where Charles took over the controls from the original pilot in flight. After reading the MoD's report (kindly provided via link by the poster), it was apparant that while the equipment was in Charles' control, several bad calls were made regarding the approach, weather conditions and other factors. The landing was poorly executed and a good degree of damage was done to the equipment. However, the report reads that it was the original captain and the navigator who were held to blame, not Charles. Several of the posters believe that Charles' poor flying ability was the cause of the accident and the captain and navigator were forced to allow it because of Charles' position.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I post this as a way to show how misuse of a helicopter is normally dealt with -

Quote:
An urgent RAF probe is underway into why a Search and Rescue helicopter was apparently used to drop off servicemen for a round of golf.
RAF probes 'helicopter golf trip' - Yahoo! News UK

"There are strict rules in place regarding use of military aircraft and we are urgently investigating this incident to ensure regulations have been observed
This would be the normal response and that is why there is still such outrage concerning Williams little detours, especially as the MOD described his as 'training'.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
who was flying as a pilot under instruction. The inquiry judged that the captain and navigator had been negligent in failing adequately to plan and to correct the approach and landing.
And quite right to, if a driving instructor failed to tell the learner driver to keep to the left (well here and Australia at least. ), the instructor is the person who would be considered negligent.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Majesty

I can't find the post that I originally posted the link in response to! It had something to do with somebody seeing a discussion of this on RAF websites and the suggestion of a coverup.

Quote:
And quite right to, if a driving instructor failed to tell the learner driver to keep to the left (well here and Australia at least. ), the instructor is the person who would be considered negligent.
[/size]
Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I can't find the post that I originally posted the link in response to! It had something to do with somebody seeing a discussion of this on RAF websites and the suggestion of a coverup.
I was the rabble-rouser there, . One of my relatives moderates and I am able to see the posts he was obliged to remove. I thought I would be able to link to one of the sites but for some reason the link won't transport, so under the impression that it was Vista playing up again or my firewalls, I suggested anyone could register, this then started WWIII. 319 is the post I believe you replied to, although in fact the craft was a BAe 146 of the Queens Flight, not a helicopter as stated in the post.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Majesty

Right. It was 319. I didn't look back far enough to find the original post. I had remembered that there was an incident, but I thought that it happened earlier; so I went looking for it. Thanks.

Quote:
I was the rabble-rouser there, . One of my relatives moderates and I am able to see the posts he was obliged to remove. I thought I would be able to link to one of the sites but for some reason the link won't transport, so under the impression that it was Vista playing up again or my firewalls, I suggested anyone could register, this then started WWIII. 319 is the post I believe you replied to, although in fact the craft was a BAe 146 of the Queens Flight, not a helicopter as stated in the post.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

Hey, flirty Harry's got another Chelsea girl
Hey, flirty Prince Harry's got another Chelsea girl | Astrid Harbord | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my dotage. The flurry of William's charity activities and now the newly released over-two-year-old photo of him chopping lettuce at Centrepoint, is making it appear to be a PR effort to bury the bad news about his pricy ski trip.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I don't think the ski trip (only rumored by one less-than-reliable news outlet) is the story they're trying to bury -- if anything, they're probably still trying to do damage control over that documentary that called William lazy.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
I don't think the ski trip (only rumored by one less-than-reliable news outlet) is the story they're trying to bury -- if anything, they're probably still trying to do damage control over that documentary that called William lazy.
.... or perhaps the engagements had been scheduled for a while, to coincide with his time off from the SAR. You can hardly schedule the 40th anniv of Centrepoint just becuase there is some negative publicity!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

I think that's entirely possible, too, muriel. I'm not suggesting that there's necessarily some sort of PR machination going on, but if there were to be, I don't think the target would be a ski trip that the Mail has written about.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Chelsy Davy fumes over Kate Middleton's home truths | Mail Online
Old 03-22-2009, 01:49 PM

This story I doubt, because from what I understand, Kate and Chelsy were never good friends to begin with. I mean, they were rarely seen in public together, except when their boyfriends were playing polo. So, I take this report with a grain of salt.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Majesty

I wonder whether we'll see William on more engagements on occasions when his father is on foreign trips. It makes sense to have the heir's heir around when the heir isn't there. (Hey, that rhymes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
.... or perhaps the engagements had been scheduled for a while, to coincide with his time off from the SAR. You can hardly schedule the 40th anniv of Centrepoint just becuase there is some negative publicity!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

That would mean that the MOD would have to arrange for leave to coincide with any trips, still they can move mountains!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Majesty

Or Clarence House would have to schedule foreign visits for when William's available.

Quote:
That would mean that the MOD would have to arrange for leave to coincide with any trips, still they can move mountains!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Either foreign engagements or home engagements would be wonderful to see. I believe William should take on more responsibility now, i understand he has the army but....
x

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press