William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Queen invites you, I don't know that you can turn it down... More likely she wasn't invited previously IMO. (I don't know for sure, I wasn't there! :))

I don't know. Christmas is supposed to be a time thats spent with loved ones. Why would she want to spend it with people she hardly knows? I personally would wait till I've met them several times before spending a major holiday with them, no matter which family they are!

Going to Balmoral for a visit is quite a different story and perhaps the Queen is curious to actually talk to the girl, it has been quite a few years after all.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We have no idea of when and how many times the Queen may have actually met Kate, and in what setting. This may just be the usual gap filler story in the summer.....just like the one about an invitation to Christmas at Sandringham that appears pretty much every year.

Thanks for the info sorry to be so suspicious its just that I do currently live in Ireland which is a little behind times in some regards ( there is still foxhunting here) and Im sure the hunting season here is winter months (pheasant, deer and so forth)
It really depends what you are intending to shoot, the most famous season (Grouse, Ptarmigan) is the 12th August to 10th Dec, Black Grouse 12th Aug to 10th Dec, Snipe 12th Aug - 31 Jan, Partridge Sep to Feb, Pheasant Oct to Feb.

Deer have different 'seasons', Stags tend to be shot in August but again that varies between the species. :flowers:

Sorrry guys, I've removed some posts. if you want to discuss Chelsy Davy please do so in the Royal's ex-partners thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

According to my counting, this is at least the third time Kate has had lunch with the Queen for the first time.

Seriously, HM has no interest in Kate until she gets engaged or at least PW gets serious about her. She's just a girlfriend at this point. These rehash stories are laughable.

Not that I give the "lunch" story any credence -- I agree, it seems probably like the same old, same old -- but surely we can say that William's gotten serious about Kate by this point. They've been dating since college, she's been introduced to the family, including HM.

When was Kate introduced to HM? Not that I'm doubting what you say.:flowers:

Not that I give the "lunch" story any credence -- I agree, it seems probably like the same old, same old -- but surely we can say that William's gotten serious about Kate by this point. They've been dating since college, she's been introduced to the family, including HM.

At Peter Phillips's wedding, wasn't she?

I still believe that the picture of Kate standing so close to the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry is significant, even though it was taken last year. An engagment will not surprise me.

I have absolutely no doubt that Kate is accepted by the Duchess of Cornwall, but I think the Queen is going to be a bit harder to convince. :flowers:

I find it hard to believe the Queen wouldn’t assent to any choice of her grandchildren, unless they were truly unacceptable.
Kate Middleton doesn’t appear to be ‘unacceptable’ or particularly controversial; nothing a good PR cannot fix in any case.

I think that if the Queen didn't approve of Kate, there's no way that she would be able to stand next to the Prince of Wales' wife and son. Where people are standing on these occasions is really important IMO. There's a definite pecking order, especially on an official occasion like this.:flowers:

I have absolutely no doubt that Kate is accepted by the Duchess of Cornwall, but I think the Queen is going to be a bit harder to convince. :flowers:

It makes sense that she would be, at a family occasion like that. Do you know whether Chelsea was introduced as well?

I believe so -- I remember reports that both of them were to be introduced to The Queen at the wedding.

Thanks, Ella Kay. All I really remember about Kate and Chelsea and that wedding are the photos in Hello.;)

I believe so -- I remember reports that both of them were to be introduced to The Queen at the wedding.

No problem! :flowers:

Here's a Telegraph article about the wedding which says that Chelsy was introduced to The Queen for the first time on that occasion: Queen will meet Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy at Peter Phillips wedding.

So it seems like Kate surely met HM there as well, but perhaps it wasn't the first time she was introduced, since the article only highlights Chelsy's first introduction.

Has to be intimidating to be called for a private lunch with The Queen...LOL I don't think Chelsy was making it that far...;)

No problem! :flowers:

Here's a Telegraph article about the wedding which says that Chelsy was introduced to The Queen for the first time on that occasion: Queen will meet Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy at Peter Phillips wedding.

So it seems like Kate surely met HM there as well, but perhaps it wasn't the first time she was introduced, since the article only highlights Chelsy's first introduction.

I think the key words in the article are these "WILL MEET" it doesn´t say they met, it was all supposition and was written before the wedding and there was no further article saying they did meet, they were at a very large wedding and I think we can say with all certainty that the Queen SAW both Chelsy and Kate at the wedding as all three were there but whether they actually met or not, I am not so sure. We have seen so many times about a future meeting, lunch, Christmas dinner etc. I think once they said that the Queen was having Kate´s parents for tea or something like that. I am afraid that these days the tabloids write for two reasons only, to fill up empty space and sell copies.

I think we can say with all certainty that the Queen SAW both Chelsy and Kate at the wedding as all three were there but whether they actually met or not, I am not so sure.
According to the Hello magazine report from the wedding both The Queen and The Duke spent time talking to Kate and Chelsy. :flowers:

I am afraid that these days the tabloids write for two reasons only, to fill up empty space and sell copies.

The Telegraph's not exactly a tabloid, IMO.

The Telegraph's not exactly a tabloid, IMO.

I agree it isn´t, but it isn´t what it used to be either. But if I remember rightly the so called meeting as such, that was mentioned, didn´t happen and this kind of article makes me very cautious. I hate the idea of people and the press forcing Prince William into a marriage with the excuse that everyone loves a royal wedding, she looks well dressed and it would be caddish to not marry her after 8 years. He is a young man with a great responsibility to his country in front of him and he will not be the first heir to the British throne to have a long term girlfriend and then decide he would be happier with someone else.
What did Doris Day sing? Que sera, que sera". :flowers:

Well, I certainly agree that Prince William shouldn't feel pressured into marrying Kate because they have dated for eight years. If he is ready and she is ready, then that is a different story.

I had a girlfriend who dated a guy for eight years, got married and was divorced within three years. When they had counseling, he said he married her because he felt like it was the right thing to do after dating so long. Like he was doing her a favor. I say NO WAY! Just because you have dated a long time, it doesn't mean that its necessary that you get married (unless you feel that way like you want a formal comittment or you would like to have kids).

IMO it just meant that maybe you should have broken up before that. My point is....its only too late when you have married her (or him) and you realize that its not going to work and then you break up and get a divorce. It should have happened earlier!

And honestly, no one is making Kate wait around either. She is just as responsible as he is for dating so long. If it doens't work out, it doesn't work out. I just hope she isn't one of those people, who dates a guy for a while, they break up and then he marries the next girl he dates within a year. As another girlfriend said, I am tired of setting guys up for their wife :)

Last edited:
Speaking of girlfriends...whats Harry been up to lately? Isn't it time for a new rumour about a new girlfriend?

And honestly, no one is making Kate wait around either. She is just as responsible as he is for dating so long. If it doens't work out, it doesn't work out. I just hope she isn't one of those people, who dates a guy for a while, they break up and then he marries the next girl he dates within a year. As another girlfriend said, I am tired of setting guys up for their wife :)

Zonk, I think that I can be misunderstood, that has been my thought all along, in fact I feel she is perhaps more responsible than he is and it makes me sad, if it doesn´t work out she will be very very let down. I really feel that she is the one in love, there is a saying that in a couple one loves and the other enjoys being loved. I may be wrong and if she is really going to meet the Queen then perhaps her wait has been worth it (in her eyes) I really feel she, for her own sake should have seen the writing on the wall at the first break-up but she is in love, being pressured by perhaps her family and the press and the people, all these factors allied to her being in love has perhaps blinded her a little. Such a pretty young lady, well off, university educated, she should be more independent. If they do marry I hope everything does work out the way she imagines it is going to be but at least two royal brides recently found that it wasn´t so wonderful as they had thought being in the royal goldfish bowl.
:flowers:

I would like to make two points re this thread. Firstly if Prince William does not wish to marry Kate Middleton that is entirely up to him. They have both made their own choices and decisions and as far as I am concerned, he owes her nothing, certainly not a ring and the throne of England. So I agree with Zonk on this one.
I was once a great fan of Kate's. Didn't know any better. Then someone directed me to You Tube. I was absolutely horrified at what I found there, at some of them, most of them in fact. I won't describe them but they certainly changed my view of Kate, and all I hope for is that William should meet a young lady who will be a credit to him and the Royal Family. They all deserve better than Ms Middleton.

Those YouTube videos of Kate are edited by people who already dislike Kate and want, for some reason, to make her look bad, IMO. I'm not disputing your right to dislike Kate -- that's totally your call, Taree -- but those videos aren't exactly from objective sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom