William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail honestly has nothing better to write because the article is pointless imo. Thanks for it though gfg02.

Or maybe there is a point: that William in seeking his bride is looking for and found a 'mother' figure in someone who resembles his mother in some ways. Like father like son - need a 'mother' figure as a wife (who also happens to be the first or very early serious girlfriend).

Last edited by a moderator:
So he found a mother figure in Kate since she wears similar style clothing to his late mother, how interesting.

Kate could never match Diana. She only has her bad quality (using the press for her personal agenda) and none of Diana's good qualities (beauty, warmth, charisma).

I put People magazine on the same level as Hello! magazine. Really just upscale gossip fests. People also repeats stories from the tabs. They're just jumping on the bandwagon of this recent hype. :rolleyes: They've done it before.

I think Kate is as beautiful, if not more beautiful than Diana. We don't know about her warmth as she hasn't been meeting the public yet and I can do without the sort of charisma that Diana had that nearly destroyed the BRF.

Kate is far steadier, which is what a royal should be.

Kate seems to be friendly enough from the pictures that we've seen of her at various events. She seems to be a pleasant, cheerful person. I agree with you that Kate seems to be very steady. Steady and discreet. I think that Kate is beautiful as well. If we ever see her with her hair up in a tiara and a formal dress, I think that she will be absolutely stunning. :flowers:

:previous: With her perfect complexion and long thick mane of dark hair how could anyone question her beauty? Kate is every bit as beautiful as Diana, princess of Wales. Not to mention that Kate and her family have been supportive of charity.

Kate is very beautiful, in my mind more beautiful than Diana.
Your right Kate can never match Diana, but she's not trying too, she's trying to be Kate. She seems a warm hearted person, who has a lot of confidence and strength to manage dating a royal. Kate has had to put up with the press and not being a royal for a lot longer than Diana did.
And it's an opinion that Kate is using the press, one I do not share. If she was using the press she could've done alot more to help herself. And if she had agreements with newspapers etc there wouldn't have been so many off putting stories about her family.
Hello is much more reliable than people magazine, it doesn't post gossip. It occasionally includes articles about when Kate and Wills, will get married, where and etc. Or why haven't they got married, are they waiting for this time or that time.
It doesn't post rumours or gossip about them. Or not that I've seen.

The word beautiful is bandied around so much these days to describe everything and everyone. I think its overuse has caused it to lose it's true meaning.
Princess Diana was truly stunning.

I've never heard anyone be criticized before for being charismatic. That's a new one.
It's wasn't Diana's charisma that caused problems. It was her dealings or should I say misdealingswith the press that caused the problems.
I don't think the royal family want or need that kind of a disaster again.

Sereta,

Bravo !!!
:cheers: :notworthy: :rose:
Agree so much with you!!

Pretty soon, I guess I'll have to hear Kate is the new Caroline of Monaco (from 1980s).:rolleyes:

Princess Caroline was truly stunning too, until the 1990s.
:sun:
It is very true what you said "the word beautiful is bandied around so much these days to describe everything and everyone".
:rose:
Not everyone can be considered beautiful let alone stunning.

Soon I think I'll also hear that Zara Phillips is on par with Charlize Theron!:ohmy:

If you have never heard anyone being criticized for being charismatic then you need to do some study of history. There are heaps of people who have had charisma who are criticised for it e.g Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Napoleon, and most other dictators. One of the reasons they got into power was their charisma. I have read a lot of Germans who followed Hitler because of his 'charisma' e.g. Leni Riefenstahl said that is was 'his charisma' that made her a follower of his not his words. She was totally swayed by him when she met him and it was his 'charisma' that swayed her. Albert Speer says the same thing as do many others.

Others throughout history who had charisma used it for good.

I think that charisma is over-rated. As you've pointed out, Iluvbertie, charisma in itself is neutral. It's what it's used for that makes it have value.

Yes my reference to the ages 15 & 13, were that those were the ages of the boys when Diana passed away, Charles was left with two teenage boys to bring up. That must of been aa very hard task.

:whistling:

The children lived at boarding school for years, just like most aristocrats children so the main adults in their lives would've been boarding school staff.

The children lived at boarding school for years, just like most aristocrats children so the main adults in their lives would've been boarding school staff.

Away at school or regardless... the boys were at Balmoral when Diana died and I believe it was up to Charles to tell the boys. The more I think on this... the more I have to believe that it was right for the BRF to remain in seclusion with the boys.

Even before this the royal princes I believe had a good idea of what being royal means... that Dad wouldn't be home after a 9-5 day job and I really believe that no matter what the feelings were between the parents.. the boys loved/love each of their parents equally and have/had a good relationship with both.

When they weren't at boarding school, they were brought up only by there father.

With her perfect complexion and long thick mane of dark hair how could anyone question her beauty?
Personally I find her average looking. Her facial features are unremarkable and she isn't aging well (so many pics of her looking haggard) but to be sure she has gorgeous hair and a fantastic pair of legs.
I think with styling and make-up she can look great; but a natural beauty she isn't. And before I get accused of letting my dislike of the girl cloud my judgement, let me say that I hold similar views about Chelsy.
I can do without the sort of charisma that Diana had that nearly destroyed the BRF.
Kate is far steadier, which is what a royal should be.
Yes I agree. Charisma is a wonderful thing if you are an emotionally stable person. Diana had the charisma, Kate has the stability.
It would be fantastic if William could find a woman who has both.
Hello is much more reliable than people magazine, it doesn't post gossip.
Hello does exactly the same thing as People. It post celebrity-friendly, publicist-approved gossip, with the occasional speculation.

Hello does exactly the same thing as People. It post celebrity-friendly, publicist-approved gossip, with the occasional speculation.

I still count Hello, more reliable than People.

^^
It's more reliable but they only say what the people involved want to be known by the public

Princess Madeleine is now free. Now, her marriage to a future King of a country could even get me, the cynic excited. I could even join in and choose a tiara! Now that would be a wedding.
Sorry Kate but between you and Madeleine I choose the princess.

Princess Madeleine is now free. Now, her marriage to a future King of a country could even get me, the cynic excited. I could even join in and choose a tiara! Now that would be a wedding.

Could you not leave the rumours, until at least the day after Madeleine has split from her fiancee. A future relationship is the last thing on the Princess mind i think and seeing as both boys seemed pretty settled in their relationships. I see no reason to muse just now. :)

Come on, she just ended a relationship with someone she had been with for 8 years. Can we hold off on this at least until after her sister's wedding?

Furthermore, William is with Kate and has been with her for quite a while. If he hasn't thrown her overboard for a Princess yet, I don't think he's going to.

One question - has William actually met Madelaine?

I mean we can assume they have met but is there actual evidence?

Honestly, I am not sure that any of the Swedish young royals have met William and Harry. I can't recall a trip that Charles and Diana made to Sweden, and I think don't think that the families have met have been in London. It could be possible since we don't know everything that goes in the BRF. And they are distant cousins thru Princess Margaret of Connaught, later Crown Princess of Sweden, granddaughter of Queen Victoria.

In regards to the Harry and Madelaine questions....she had a broken engagement...her fiancee didn't die. That would be tacky. For all we know, she could be kicking up her heels because she escaped a potential mess.

I don't recall everyone having an issue when William broke up with his girlfriend of five years, people (and no one specific here at TRF) were looking for the future Queen of England that same day! True they weren't engaged but a long term couple is a long term couple. People talk about William and/or Harry with Charlotte Casiraghi in the future wife for William and Harry thread despite the fact that 1) Charlotte is Catholic and either would lose their place in succession if they marry her; 2) there is no actual proof that any of the them (William, Harry and/or Charlotte) have ever met and 3) that all three of them at some point have been in relationships with other people but its still talked about.

Last edited:
Honestly, I am not sure that any of the Swedish young royals have met William and Harry. I can't recall a trip that Charles and Diana made to Sweden, and I think don't think that the families have met have been in London. It could be possible since we don't know everything that goes in the BRF. And they are distant cousins thru Princess Margaret of Connaught, later Crown Princess of Sweden, granddaughter of Queen Victoria.

In regards to the Harry and Madelaine questions....she had a broken engagement...her fiancee didn't die. That would be tacky.

I don't recall everyone having an issue when William broke up with his girlfriend of five years, people (and no one specific here at TRF) were looking for the future Queen of England. People talk about William and/or Harry with Charlotte Casiraghi in the future wife for William and Harry thread despite the fact that 1) Charlotte is Catholic and either would lose their place in succession if they marry her; 2) there is no actual proof that any of the them (William, Harry and/or Charlotte) have ever met and 3) that all three of them at some point have been in relationships with other people but its still talked about.

I have read that the Danes regularly visit Balmoral but unofficially and so it is possible that the Swedes do as well but then again they might never have met.

True...and the Norwegians seem to get on famously with the Windsors...but that could be because of the interaction of the Queen Mother and King Olav. Mette Marit and Haakon were one of the few major royal families who attended Charles and Camilla's wedding I believe. Plus the family connection with the late Queen Maud of Norway, daughter of King Edward VII and sister of King George V.

But anything is possible, personally I don't see it happening. If and when Madeline is ready to date it will most likely be someone Swedish and if Harry and/or William don't marry Chelsy and/or Kate they will marry members of the British aristocracy. People tend to marry people who are in their work, social or church circle. Well, except those who meet their mates on dating websites...but I don' see the BRF or SRF royals doing that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't see a reason why William and Madeleine would have met. William doesn't go abroad with his family on foreign visits as he's got military training, same as Harry. So if for any reason Charles and Camilla or the Queen and DoE would go to Sweden for a state visit, William wouldn't go with.

Now when Charles is King and William becomes Duke of Cornwall (and later Prince of Wales), then yes he'd go overseas to represent the crown on state visits, but by then both he and Madeleine could be married to other people.

William and Harry have met CP Victoria, she attend Charles's 60th birthday celebrations. They haven't met Carl Philip and Madeleine. The British royals that over the years have attended the major Swedish royal celebrations have been Prince Philip (his aunt was a Queen of Sweden) the Gloucesters (the Duchess is Danish) and Edward and Sophie. Charles has attended some major events mainly in the early 1990s and the Norwegian wedding, not the Danish one. No British royals attended the major celebrations for King Carl Gustav's 60th, they were the only European royals not to have attended, so it seems regardless of the distant cousins status through Margaret of Connaught, the families are not close.

The Danish royals don't spend time up at Balmoral, QEII is resident there in August and September, Queen Margrethe is in France in August, whenever she leaves Denmark a regent has to be appointed. She returns late August and doesn't leave again for a private trip until early December when she does her annual Christmas shopping trip to London. In London she stays in a hotel, originally she stayed with her sister (Queen Anne-Marie) and then she bought a house, but it was used so infrequently it was sold. This information all came from a recent interview with QMII.

The only European royal the British were close to was King Olav, this relationship dated back to George VI who was best man at Olav's wedding. Olav would spend a month in the UK each year and attend the Remembrance Sunday ceremony with the British royals.

I agree that it's incredibly tacky to start speculating about William and Madeleine now. I doubt whether she's kicking up her heels as she stuck it out with Jonas and forgiven him in the past for being less than faithful. This time round, her mother said this can't go on. And the engagement was called off, the timing was done just as she was on the plane bound for the US. That way she wouldn't be subjected to all the Scandinavian press.

Maybe they'll all get to meet in 2012 since the Olympic games are in London and it's the Queen's Jubilee. Won't all current European kings and queens plus the current CP couples be present for this? I am sure that the HM will want all her children and grandchildren participating in the upcoming Olympic and Jubilee celebrations. Hopefully a certain prince will be married or engaged by then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom