The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
If the Express can't even get the date of Diana's 50th birthday correct (it would have been July not August), they won't get much credit for predicting future wedding plans -- at least not from me!

I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
If the Express can't even get the date of Diana's 50th birthday correct (it would have been July not August), they won't get much credit for predicting future wedding plans -- at least not from me!
I agree with you there!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The article is interesting, but the closing paragraph about the Middletons is out of line IMO. I'm not sure whether it's catty or merely unkind.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Palace plans for wedding
Old 10-31-2010, 08:31 PM

Not only that, but it got Diana's birth month wrong. She was born in July, not August.
With a mistake like that, how could the article be taken seriously?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Courtier

HELLO! - The place for daily celebrity news - hellomagazine.com

Engagement is Near!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Another step toward a royal wedding? - TODAY People - The Royals - TODAYshow.com
Old 11-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Here are the latest Richard Palmer (Daily Express) Tweets: (Read from bottom up)

Quote:
I think it's true to say the staff will have prepared a plan for how they would deal with it in general but not specifics eg wedding venue.

The staff have always said they expect to be given 3 days notice to prepare for an announcement.

My guess is still they will wed next summer but I honestly believe they haven't discussed it with any of their staff or wider family+friends

...a friend of his tells me William doesn't even know if he'll be at Sandringham at Christmas or New Year. He may be on duty at RAF Valley.

As for the suggestion that William will go to Sandringham at Christmas to ask the Queen for permission to marry Kate....

But I am told that it's very unlikely at this stage that the Middletons would get an invite to the Big House.

I wondered if the shooting lessons might be a precursor to the Queen inviting the Middletons to Sandringham after Christmas.

Against that, I am told that the Middletons have never met the Queen and the likelihood of them meeting in the near future is remote.

To bring the Queen into the equation by involving her estate officials and the Royal Family's lawyers seems to me to advance the wedding.

What does all this mean for a royal wedding? Your guess is as good as mine. William is very protective of Kate and her family.
The argument for harassment is that the royal party claim they asked the photographer to move on several times. Was he just doing his job?

Clearly, we in the media will seize on these pics as evidence that a royal wedding is moving closer, something our readers want to read.

I'm told the pics of the Middletons were taken from a public road, looking onto Balmoral land open to the public.

I imagine lawyers for the media would argue there was genuine public interest in Michael and Carole Middleton being photographed at Birkhall

I am told a group of kids doing the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme were on the same bit of land 15 minutes later.

William and his advisers are examining the possibility of legal action, claiming the royal shooting party was harassed.

The Queen's Balmoral estate is consulting lawyers about pictures that appeared today of the Middletons on a shooting trip at Birkhall.

Not much to show for me in tomorrow's newspaper so I'm going to tweet a few things I have learned about the Royal Family and the Middletons

So, according to Palmer, there might be a lawsuit because of the pics, the Middletons may not even meet with the Queen, Prince William may be on duty for Christmas, there's to hint of a engagement yet.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

There's a new glowing article from The Express entitled:

Why Kate Middleton is the Model Royal Bride
Old 11-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Christmas speculation has officially begun:

Will the Queen invite Kate Middleton for Christmas? | Mail Online

When her parents were invited on a stalking weekend at Prince Charles’s private residence, it seemed as if Kate Middleton had moved one step closer to marriage.

And with Christmas just weeks away, speculation is mounting that she may move even closer still before the year is out.

Royal aides have not ruled out the prospect of an invitation for Miss Middleton to spend Christmas Day on the Sandringham estate for the first time.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

'Tis the Season!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Courtier

isn't the Christmas invite only for engaged partners and married ones? why would she get an invite? i'm sure they'll get engaged in spring with a summer wedding, so probably no invite this year.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Courtier

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: Why Kate is the model Royal bride

Why Kate is the Model Royal Bride.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Courtier

little thing i noticed in the article: "hardly to the manner born"... shouldn't it be "manor born"?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Courtier

The count down to Christmas at Sandringham, has started..lol... Well if she does show up for Christmas it will seal the deal... 52 days too see...
Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
little thing i noticed in the article: "hardly to the manner born"... shouldn't it be "manor born"?
good eye cd!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
Perhaps it's just another snotty litte jibe regarding Kate's (Quelle horreur) middle class roots!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Courtier

I have read the papers regarding all this speculation and all I have learnt is that Prince William allowed his girlfriend´s parents to shoot on a royal estate and that Kate´s mother, Carole, learned that disgusting sport of stalking a defenceless stag and killing it. Bravo!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I have read the papers regarding all this speculation and all I have learnt is that Prince William allowed his girlfriend´s parents to shoot on a royal estate and that Kate´s mother, Carole, learned that disgusting sport of stalking a defenceless stag and killing it. Bravo!
Really?! Oh my... Thanks for the chuckle of the day!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

An excerpt from Katie Nicholl's book, entitled William & Harry, is online. This excerpt covers Prince William & Kate Middleton's romance -- from their student days in St. Andrews, breakups, makeups, leading to a possible royal wedding in 2011.

Katie Nicholl also gives an interview to Vanity Fair. (she's promoting big time!)
Book Excerpt: Prince William & Kate Middleton's Love Story | British Royals
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Courtier

Who'd want to bag these royal oddballs for in-laws? | Mail Online

Harriet Walker: It's not easy being Eliza Doolittle - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press