The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

What a ridiculous story. Just something to sell papers.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

The William and Kate story is Fan Fiction. Look at the black, bolded type to the right of the mag's headline. It's entirely fictional.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I truly doubt that they will break up again any time soon... But I don't doubt that the press will end up with egg on their faces for some other idiotic remarks. :)
I was only kidding. I really do think they are bound for the altar. Its just the media frenzy is getting out of control, I believe. Imagine what it would be like when they actually do announce their engagement?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Nobility

oh, I'm sure its not gonna be the Spencer tiara hehe....and about the cake, may be her (Kate's) brother James will have some input on that, but I'm sure he doesn't know it either lol
Old 05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen View Post
oh, I'm sure its not gonna be the Spencer tiara hehe....and about the cake, may be her (Kate's) brother James will have some input on that, but I'm sure he doesn't know it either lol
Remember folks too that this is the sort of rag that would put in the headlines: "Kate to top Sir Elton! Elvis spotted in North Wales!"
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

I think I read the same article. Gotta have my fix of trash reading. Anyway, it mentioned that when they marry, they will be styled as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?!??
Old 05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I think I read the same article. Gotta have my fix of trash reading. Anyway, it mentioned that when they marry, they will be styled as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge?!??
I know the style of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has been tossed around here in the forums a bit but it boils down to what HM wishes to do for her grandson's wedding day.

Wouldn't it be amusing if what we bandy about and muse on is read by these so called rags and WE are the "good authorities"?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Majesty

He will also have some input into the title - something in Scotland springs to mind as well due to the St Andrews connection.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Star magazine is reporting that this will be the wedding of the century. They're reporting that Kate will wear Dianas tiara and jewelry. How do they know that? I haven't a clue. Seems like the press is excited too.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Is Star magazine the same one that we were discussing a few days ago? If so, the article is clearly labelled as "fan fiction" on the website. I think that Kate's wedding dress and ensemble will be distinctly NON-Diana-like. For one thing, I don't think that William would want to bring back all those memories to his father.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 PM

Besides, Diana's tiara was her family's. When Kate marries William, she would likely be using one of the royal family's tiaras. Although, I would like to think William would give Kate her own tiara. Sounds like a nice wedding gift.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Is Star magazine the same one that we were discussing a few days ago? If so, the article is clearly labelled as "fan fiction" on the website. I think that Kate's wedding dress and ensemble will be distinctly NON-Diana-like. For one thing, I don't think that William would want to bring back all those memories to his father.
Oops! Didn't realize it was talked about already. I had to post it cause I went to the store today and as soon I walked in I was bombarded with Kate and Wills wedding. I don't really pay attention to the magazine rack but there was so many that it caught me off guard. What makes them think she will wear Dianas jewelry...I dont know. Star magazine is bull.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The posts were in the thread about William, Harry, Girlfriends and the Press. I just realized that now when I went looking for the article. So that's why you didn't see the conversation in this thread--it wasn't here. Here's the link.

Star Magazine | News | William & Kate's $40 Million Wedding of the Century.

If you go to the site now, there's an ad to the right of the article. When the link was first posted, there was bold black type saying that the article was fan fiction. Honest.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm, gotcha. Thanks for the info Mermaid.

Guess we'll see about this coming week supposed events.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Will patient Kate Middleton make it to the finish line? - Arts & Culture - Macleans.ca
Will patient Kate Middleton make it to the finish line? - Arts & Culture - Macleans.ca

Part 1
Part 2 above
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He will also have some input into the title - something in Scotland springs to mind as well due to the St Andrews connection.
Somewhere along the The Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick lines Bertie?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Somewhere along the The Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick lines Bertie?

Those will have to wait until he is heir to the throne as they are already taken but something to do with St Andrews perhaps, where they meet or even Balmoral or ???
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Those will have to wait until he is heir to the throne as they are already taken but something to do with St Andrews perhaps, where they meet or even Balmoral or ???
St Andrew's is taken, its a subsitary title of the Duke of Kent-his son is Earl of St Andrews. However, I like the idea of Balmoral. Earl of Balmoral works, and I would wonder if HM would give an Earlship since when she passes, William will become Duke of Cornwall.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAthena View Post
St Andrew's is taken, its a subsitary title of the Duke of Kent-his son is Earl of St Andrews. However, I like the idea of Balmoral. Earl of Balmoral works, and I would wonder if HM would give an Earlship since when she passes, William will become Duke of Cornwall.

I am sure that there are other things associated with St Andrews that could be used (and of course he could be Duke of St Andrews while the Earldom is used as a coutesy title for the Duke of Kent's son.

I don't see any reason not to give William a dukedom. His great-great grandfather was Duke of York before becoming Duke of Cornwall etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry get an Earldom only though as he will only be the younger son of the monarch, in the same way that Edward is...remembering that times had changed between Andrew getting his dukedom and Edward getting married. Yes I also know that in time, if everything goes to plan, Edward will be created Duke of Edinburgh but that isn't necessarily going to happen but probably will. Harry could be given an Earldom on a similar promise - the he would be created Duke of York when Andrew passes (possibly in 30 - 40 years).
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would expect Harry to get an Earldom and William to get a dukedom.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press