The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE WILLIAM is taking girlfriend Kate Middleton to Balmoral to meet the Queen, fuelling speculation they may soon marry.

It is the first time she has been invited to the Queen's traditional break at the Highland retreat

Prince William to take Kate Middleton to Balmoral to meet the Queen | News | News Of The World

Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

So she's agreed to go? I remember she was invited to sandringham for christmas 2 years and she boldly turned it down. If she meets the queen I don't think it's a sign that marraige is on the horizon, just that she meets the queen again.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Nobility

Hmm I dont actually shoot but isnt the shooting season October to Feb Not in August? how accurate is this report.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
So she's agreed to go? I remember she was invited to sandringham for christmas 2 years and she boldly turned it down. If she meets the queen I don't think it's a sign that marraige is on the horizon, just that she meets the queen again.
It's doubtful that she was ever actually invited to Sandringham for Christmas day. Only spouses and fiances are invited to the family gathering.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

If the Queen invites you, I don't know that you can turn it down... More likely she wasn't invited previously IMO. (I don't know for sure, I wasn't there! :))
Old 06-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Courtier

I absolutely agree, no one, absolutely no one, would turn down the Queen´s invitation to a Sandringham Christmas.....my guess is the same as yours Iowabelle, she just wasn´t invited......
Going to Balmoral for a visit is quite a different story and perhaps the Queen is curious to actually talk to the girl, it has been quite a few years after all.
Actually it might not be a personal invitation, Prince William has a little place of his own on the grounds and has asked permission to have a friend or friends to stay.
No doubt we will hear all about it soon in the tabloids.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Hmm I dont actually shoot but isnt the shooting season October to Feb Not in August? how accurate is this report.
Shooting starts on the Glorious 12th (12th August).
------------------------------------------------

SINGLETON Prince Harry will get over his split from Gladiators babe Caroline Flack by having a “date” with ex-glamour girl Francoise Boufhal

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-Royal-H-ness/
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

So -he's not back together with Chelsy? He'd have to be five people to date all the women he's been seen with.

A good article - thanks for posting it!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Courtier

I think he has a lot of friends and the papers say who ever he is with is his girlfriend that is all. IMO
Old 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Shooting starts on the Glorious 12th (12th August).
------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the info sorry to be so suspicious its just that I do currently live in Ireland which is a little behind times in some regards ( there is still foxhunting here) and Im sure the hunting season here is winter months (pheasant, deer and so forth)
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
If the Queen invites you, I don't know that you can turn it down... More likely she wasn't invited previously IMO. (I don't know for sure, I wasn't there! :))
I don't know. Christmas is supposed to be a time thats spent with loved ones. Why would she want to spend it with people she hardly knows? I personally would wait till I've met them several times before spending a major holiday with them, no matter which family they are!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Going to Balmoral for a visit is quite a different story and perhaps the Queen is curious to actually talk to the girl, it has been quite a few years after all.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We have no idea of when and how many times the Queen may have actually met Kate, and in what setting. This may just be the usual gap filler story in the summer.....just like the one about an invitation to Christmas at Sandringham that appears pretty much every year.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
Thanks for the info sorry to be so suspicious its just that I do currently live in Ireland which is a little behind times in some regards ( there is still foxhunting here) and Im sure the hunting season here is winter months (pheasant, deer and so forth)
It really depends what you are intending to shoot, the most famous season (Grouse, Ptarmigan) is the 12th August to 10th Dec, Black Grouse 12th Aug to 10th Dec, Snipe 12th Aug - 31 Jan, Partridge Sep to Feb, Pheasant Oct to Feb.

Deer have different 'seasons', Stags tend to be shot in August but again that varies between the species.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Sorrry guys, I've removed some posts. if you want to discuss Chelsy Davy please do so in the Royal's ex-partners thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE Harry has been on secret dates with Natalie Imbruglia and calls her "Angel", a British magazine says

Prince Harry&squo;s secret dates with Natalie Imbruglia | The Daily Telegraph
Old 07-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William’s girlfriend Kate Middleton has had enough of putting in long hours working for her parents’ business Party Pieces and she now wants to explore new horizons as she is looking for more challenging employment.

Prince William’s girlfriend wants to move on from ‘boring’ family job
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 PM

According to my counting, this is at least the third time Kate has had lunch with the Queen for the first time.

Seriously, HM has no interest in Kate until she gets engaged or at least PW gets serious about her. She's just a girlfriend at this point. These rehash stories are laughable.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Not that I give the "lunch" story any credence -- I agree, it seems probably like the same old, same old -- but surely we can say that William's gotten serious about Kate by this point. They've been dating since college, she's been introduced to the family, including HM.

HM The Queen
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

When was Kate introduced to HM? Not that I'm doubting what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Not that I give the "lunch" story any credence -- I agree, it seems probably like the same old, same old -- but surely we can say that William's gotten serious about Kate by this point. They've been dating since college, she's been introduced to the family, including HM.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

At Peter Phillips's wedding, wasn't she?

HM The Queen

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press