William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ella Kay. That's interesting. I did not realise they were edited. But there are a great many of them, all edited? I've always thought she started out so well. I think personally that it all just went to her head. She just bought into all the glowing media reports about her. So it is a tremendous shock to see those You Tubes, edited or not. I think it still conveys a difference picture of her to the one we were initially presented with and the two are not reconcilable.
I do prefer Chelsy, there I think its a case of what you see is what you get. I think the press got Kate and Chelsy wrong from the very beginning.

When I say edited, I mean assembled -- edited together to present a very specific (and very negative) depiction of Kate. They decide on a narrative, choose often unflattering photos to accompany it, and put the whole thing together. They already dislike Kate (extremely, in some cases), and they create the videos in that mindset.

I think you're right, though, that we often get conflicting images of Kate, mostly because the vast majority of what we know about her is what the tabloids publish. And just like the people who assemble those videos, they have a specific agenda when they write articles.

If William and Kate do end up engaged and then married, it's going to be really interesting to learn more about who Kate really is, rather than piecing together various perceptions of her based on media tidbits or personal biases, I think.

Whether Kate marries William or not, we are never going to get a completely correct picture of her, unless we know her personally.

I have watched a single video about Kate Middleton on YouTube and honestly, I was appalled: there was just too much unreasonable venom in the comments, the way of presenting pictures was very unpleasant and the accompanying comments were simply gross. So yes, while the pictures used were mostly real, the manner of their presentation was twisted.
So far, Kate Middleton has done nothing to deserve such attitude. She has done nothing to earn much respect or admiration either; she is just an ordinary young woman in unusual situation.

I think Kate is savvy about how to deal with the media and that might be what pisses some people off. But the reality is that she was brought up in the information age, she should be savvy. Anyone in their 20's and early 30's is well aware of what fame is from the countless gossip magazines, internet blogs, and 24 hour paparazzi updates...this generation has been brought up on this type of material form an early age.

:previous:
A not surprising article, with a not surprising back drop.

I still believe that the picture of Kate standing so close to the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry is significant, even though it was taken last year. An engagment will not surprise me.

Yes I agree with you, that picture is significant, stood next to two of the most senior royals. The only other thing more significant would be a picture taken with Her Majesty. Maybe this eyy' mermaid? :flowers:

Motorcycle lessons

On top of the motorcycle lesson (which sounds completely awesome). This article covers the three women he has been linked to in the past month...busy guy :)

Examiner Story

:previous::) I thought how the author ended the article with the fact that she didn't think he was dating anyone but that didn't sell newspapers was cute. And true - stories about them doing nothing don't sell a lot of newspapers.

As for the women -
Natalie Imbruglia denied she was dating him, though there are pictures of Harry dressed as a doctor going to some costume party of hers out there, so who knows if she's telling the truth.
Natalie Imbruglia denies dating Prince Harry | Celebrity gossip | Marie Claire

I've read the stories of Chelsy being back with Harry other places, too, though there are recent stories of her with other guys.
KATIE NICHOLL: Romance is blossoming for Chelsy Davy and her new man Dominic Rose | Mail Online

That leaves - what's her name? -PR girl Stephanie Haynes. I'd be curious to see a picture of her, if anyone has one. Anyway, she denied dating Harry, too, but I guess they all would whether or not it was true. Maybe he's dating all three at once.

Whether Kate marries William or not, we are never going to get a completely correct picture of her, unless we know her personally.

I have watched a single video about Kate Middleton on YouTube and honestly, I was appalled: there was just too much unreasonable venom in the comments, the way of presenting pictures was very unpleasant and the accompanying comments were simply gross. So yes, while the pictures used were mostly real, the manner of their presentation was twisted.
So far, Kate Middleton has done nothing to deserve such attitude. She has done nothing to earn much respect or admiration either; she is just an ordinary young woman in unusual situation.

I have seen some of them youtubes on Kate and I have to agree with 100%

I've always thought she started out so well. I think personally that it all just went to her head. She just bought into all the glowing media reports about her.
Couldn't agree more, especially when she stated, "Call me Catherine". :rolleyes: Whatever.
Many Brits are tired of unimpressive Kate and her self-promoting family.

Couldn't agree more, especially when she stated, "Call me Catherine". :rolleyes: Whatever.

I quite agree. William needs to do something and quick, else the some peoples opinion of her is only going to lower. :flowers:

I was under the impression that was something the tabloids started? Has anyone every found proof that she requested to be called Catherine?

Personally, I hope that the two are truly in love and are prepared to deal with the British public and their role in the British monarchy.

The venom directed at Kate and her family is just so disturbing on some many levels. People who have never had a conversation with her (and that includes myself) make judgement on calls on tons of erroneous information. I mean, until recently no one has heard the girl speak a word and yet we all know her inner most thoughts. And this is not directed directly at you cd255. You only have to surf the internet and log onto some of the chat rooms to read some of the nastiness that is leveled at Kate . Can you imagine being hated by legions of people you have never met nor are likely to? Just because you love someone? And they don't think you are good enough?

I also find it interesting that it appears that some of the British public look down on the Middleton's for trying to move out of their class by pushing their daughter on the British monarchy. As if the Middleton's are forgetting their place. Its like everyone should live and die in the same class structure. Interesting. I mean other than chewing nicotine guy at William's Sandhurst graduation, mentioning the toilet instead of the loo, that brother of hers publicizing his cake business, and the unfortunate Uncle Gary mess (which I am sure the Middletons did not push) what exactly have they done to "push" themselves on the Royal Family and the British public?

Personally, there is not enough money (if one is motivated by it) that would encourage me or anyone I know to marry into that family. The loss of privacy is priceless.

Last edited:
Right...the Daily Mail...the paragon of the British press. I mean, REALLY!

I was under the impression that was something the tabloids started? Has anyone every found proof that she requested to be called Catherine?

Personally, I hope that the two are truly in love and are prepared to deal with the British public and their role in the British monarchy.

The venom directed at Kate and her family is just so disturbing on some many levels. People who have never had a conversation with her (and that includes myself) make judgement on calls on tons of erroneous information. I mean, until recently no one has heard the girl speak a word and yet we all know her inner most thoughts. And this is not directed directly at you cd255. You only have to surf the internet and log onto some of the chat rooms to read some of the nastiness that is leveled at Kate . Can you imagine being hated by legions of people you have never met nor are likely to? Just because you love someone? And they don't think you are good enough?

I also find it interesting that it appears that some of the British public look down on the Middleton's for trying to move out of their class by pushing their daughter on the British monarchy. As if the Middleton's are forgetting their place. Its like everyone should live and die in the same class structure. Interesting. I mean other than chewing nicotine guy at William's Sandhurst graduation, mentioning the toilet instead of the loo, that brother of hers publicizing his cake business, and the unfortunate Uncle Gary mess (which I am sure the Middletons did not push) what exactly have they done to "push" themselves on the Royal Family and the British public?

Personally, there is not enough money (if one is motivated by it) that would encourage me or anyone I know to marry into that family. The loss of privacy is priceless.
Good lord, I don't know what you're going on and on about. And nobody here said anything about her class. Relax will you!
Kate and her family do promote themselves through mingling with the press, websites, message boards. :whistling: The British are not stupid.
We just want William to find the right girl for him and the Monarchy.

Well, something isn't adding up.

From the Daily Mail article:

"The royal girlfriend has apparently asked that everyone call her Catherine, a name with a much more formal ring and a queenly history."

Please note, "apparently." Which isn't quite the same as a report of an actual fact.

It then goes on to say

""No one ever referred to her as Kate - ever," says a former classmate."

Erm, what, never? Well, hardly ever...

...because when the Party Pieces website had the bios of the people who worked there, she was listed as Kate, not Catherine.

So apparently the former classmate is a bit out of date.

I think a pinch of salt is called for with this particular article.

The question of class has come up repeatedly in discussions about Kate and her family, even if not directly in recent conversation in this thread. As a forum moderator, Zonk has had to deal with some pretty ugly fights about whether Kate is a complete waste of space from a disgustingly lower-middle-class family or the shining saviour of the British monarchy. I can assure you that she's quite relaxed about it, so I suggest you don't jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
I just want to say that, regarding the Middletons, IMO, motivation is everything. Perhaps it's their conduct which has rubbed people the wrong way - not their class. If Kate and William don't marry, that will come into play, because people will wonder why this girl wasted her twenties, without an assurance of some kind.

Other than that, surely we are all just expressing our opinions? Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, I don't know the history of the board, but it's natural that we should speculate, observe, and form opinions with and without facts. What else should we do?

I agree that vitriol and unsubstantiated insults are unwarranted though. On that note, I'm clueless around here, I admit.

Of course, I don't know the history of the board, but it's natural that we should speculate, observe, and form opinions with and without facts. What else should we do?
Hi ParisJackson. Seeing that you're new here I just wanted to let you know that baseless speculations are not allowed on this forum. You can give an opinion based on facts but the moderators don't allow speculating. I just wanted to let you know.:flowers:
Welcome to the Royal Forums.

Thank you. :flowers:

But now I'm confused: why then do we have a thread entitled "William and Kate engagement rumours and musings"? :D

So, are we allowed to 'speculate' and muse about weddings, but nothing else? :whistling:

Perhaps it's semantics, but just about everything discussed on a message board would, IMO, originate back to 'speculation'. We 'speculate' about girls deemed ideal for PW and PH etc. Perhaps it is meant to convey that spreading derogatory, potentially defamatory, unfounded rumour is not allowed?

I admit, I might have been a bit loose with my language. ;)

This is the FAQ about speculation, which goes into more detail about the reasoning behind the rule:

I received a message from a moderator saying that my post had been removed because it contained speculation. We don't know the royals and we get all our information second hand, so isn't it all speculation?

Our rule about speculation is intended to prevent tabloid-type flights of fancy which often slip into outright fantasy and sometimes even libel. While we realise that much of the information posted in the threads is based on reports in the media which we can't verify, we expect posters to base their statements on published reports rather than on wishful thinking or unsubstantiated hearsay. The forum moderators have the final say about whether posts are unacceptably speculative. Disagreements with moderator decisions must take place via private message, not by arguing in the threads and certainly not by reposting deleted material.

If you have questions about the rule and its application, feel free to contact any of the admins or post in the Support and Feedback forum.

Last edited:
It isn't full moon is it?

I've just deleted another personal spat including another attempt by a member to play moderator.

We have a first-rate moderation team in the British forum, and I strongly suggest that the members leave the moderation to them. In the meantime, just FYI, please be aware that when members delete or edit their posts, the moderation team can still see the original versions, so we can track the timeline of these outbreaks even if posts have been altered.

Perhaps we can get back on topic and stay there now...

Elspeth
TRF admin

Luckily the camera stick had been returned to the Middleton's.

Note to William: Don't let girlfriends take intimate pictures of you again. :nonono:

Actually, I think this is something celebrities and high profile people in general need to be careful of. You never know who's hands they might fall into. Or even if an embittered partner might sell them out of revenge after a break up or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
,,The pictures apparently showed Prince William wearing a woman's hat and his girlfriend doing yoga in a bikini on a Middleton family holiday to the Caribbean island of Mustique. "

Fortunately there wasn't anything bad on this photos, and Will and Kate are very common sense so they didn't any naked photos or sex movies etc. Anyway that's not very pleasant situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom