William, Harry, their Girlfriends and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that Kate Middleton has posed in her families mail order brochre, for a line of "Princess" party favors...could this possible be true? would the palace allow her to stoop to such a 'classless' level, promoting herself as a princess to sell party favors? As I am not a resident in the UK, I don't have access to local papers etc... so please let me know if there is any truth to this appaling rumour..

The company sells things for parties, including children's parties (I think mainly children's parties but I may be wrong on that issue).

Many, many young girls would like to have a 'princess' theme for their parties so it is hardly using her possibility of being a princess to sell party things. My elder neice is planning a 'princess' theme for her 21st birthday this year for instance.

This is a storm in a teacup of the press trying to make trouble where none exists.

Thank you for that. I would like the opportunity to do that. Please send me the website where i can view this for myself and I'll get back to you, as I haven't a clue as to the company name. Have you seen it forst hand?

Its called Party Pieces. www.partypieces.co.uk

I have had a quick glance at the website.

Its called Party Pieces. www.partypieces.co.uk

I have had a quick glance at the website.

Thanks for the link.

It seems to me that it is only for children's parties.

There are a number of themes and none of them seem to be promoted any more than any other:

pirate, jungle, princess, tinkerbell, ben 10, high school musical, classical, character, boys, girls, 1st birthday, summer.

This list is the order across the page that they have the themes.

At the bottom of the home page is a photo of three women - one of whom is Kate and I think the others are her mother and sister.

It hardly seems to me that they are using Kate's relatsionship with Prince William to sell things at all. I could certainly find no evidence of that on that page. In fact on the home page there is no mention of the Middleton name, as far as I could see.

A storm in a tea cup if ever I came across one.

I would not even go so far as to call it a "storm in a tea cup" becuase I think this is just some idle journalist trying to fill pages on a slow news day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't we have this very same discussion just six months ago? Talk about old news.

Ahh well then, the tabloids should have a field day with that come June.
x

I would not even go so far as to call it a "storm in a tea cup" becuase I think this is just some idle journalist trying to fill pages on a slow news day!

I have never seen newspapers go to such great lengths to come up with stories, as they do with Kate. I think if it were any other celebrity they would have just forgotten about her, but because William is going to be king someday we can't just forget about him...and therefore we apparently need to be fed a constant diet of rumours about his girlfriend. I never realized just how contrived and unfounded most of the stories about Kate were, until I started paying a little more attention to them. Kate's family sells princess-themed party favours for children--oh no, they must be taking advantage of Kate's royal-girlfriend status! Because, you know, little girls of a certain age couldn't happen to just like princesses and know nothing about Kate. ;)

P.S. That picture of Kate and the other women at the bottom of the page is tiny. Yes, you can recognize Kate...but barely.

Please note that the topic of this thread is William Harry and Girlfriend and the Press. With that in mind, several posts about Harry's attendance at the Rave have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-harry-current-events-20-8-july-2008-a-17706.html. In addition, several other posts have been deleted as off topic i.e. those posts discuss the drug scene in clubs, around London, etc.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British mods and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Thanks!

Zonk

Last edited:
:previous:
I'd bet you 100:1 that it's only a rehash with a little tweaking here and there. :D

I got it and it's basically re-hash and some of the dates(like when they met) are a little weirdly worded, and some "inside scoop" of what Kate has told her "friends" about the relationship which you know for the most part is probably fake. I can scan it later if anyone wants to see it.

As I suspected. Thanks for the review, ghost-night!:flowers:

I got it and it's basically re-hash and some of the dates(like when they met) are a little weirdly worded, and some "inside scoop" of what Kate has told her "friends" about the relationship which you know for the most part is probably fake.

Yep i'll go with the odds 100:1.
If they really wanted to try and convince us, they could have used a more up to date picture. That one was taken nearly a year ago. I think I have the copy of the Hello! from british which that picture was on.
They just want to give us something to fawn after. Kate hasn't given them anything new to go on recently. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we hear is that they've broken up.
x

I think they're fine to be honest with you, I just think the reason they haven't been seen much is cause William has been training. I mean we did see them go on that movie date not too long ago. I just think they're getting better at doing things without the press noticing.

That's amazing! She has the manners down-pat, too. Thanks for posting.:flowers:

I wonder if Kate M knows she has an amazing twin look alike!

I just bought the June 2009 issue of Tattler in the US. They have a spread on Kate Middleton's "new look." I really hope the pictures have been photo-shopped and are just a joke because she really looks awful! The clothes are hideous. She even looks as if her face has been altered. Has anyone seen this?

:ROFLMAO: :lol: CarolMR, that's not actually Kate Middleton! I have that same issue of Tatler magazine, Tatler used a Kate Middleton look-a-like to show what Kate would look like if she had that particular hair style and wore those clothes.

The cover photo is Kate, but the person inside the magazine is a look-a-like.

Sounds like an interesting issue of Tatler. The issue i've just seen has Elizabeth Hurley on the front?
x

Sounds like an interesting issue of Tatler. The issue i've just seen has Elizabeth Hurley on the front?
x

:ROFLMAO: Now I have to laugh at myself because you're right, and I have that issue of Tatler! It's a photo of Liz Hurley and a very cute goat. The funny thing is, Liz actually looks quite a bit like Kate in the cover photo.

:rolleyes: I sort of like the goat a little better though. But the person shown in the article about Kate is definitely not Kate Middleton, it is a look-a-like.

After five years in a relationship he's free to play the field - and clearly determined to make up for lost time.

Of course he can. 5 years was a long time and I think that young men should date more than one girl before they make up their minds they want a marriage, especially when the public seems to be putting so much pressure on him and his brother. I hope he plays the field for a long time yet but I feel sorry for the girls he dates the tabloids want to sell newspapers and use them for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom