The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Good lord, what business is it of anyone's what sort of beds the brothers have? Royal news really hard to come by right now, I guess. :)

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Her source should have been able to tell her that if caught, it is still a chargeable offence to have an overnight visitor, of either sex. I can't quite see Kate or Chelsy bunking down in a singlies room.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Skydragon, what sort of opportunities will there be for William & Harry to spend nights away from their bases? Can they live somewhere off the base or do they have to live in the barracks? Can they go out at night if they are not specifically rostered on duty? Will they have a curfew?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

They will still get days off and some, if not all weekends. They could live off base but I think as they have been allocated a room, they have decided to stay on base. Accommodation in the officers singles block has improved greatly over the years, or so I am told. They will be allowed off base but alcohol is banned and they will be expected to return to base by a set time, (in reality they are unlikely to be reported). IMO
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

No overnight "guests"?

Do they still have to sign in and out of Barracks?

Is the time honoured ritual of "bedchecks" (to ensure they are in their beds, and that they are the only ones in said beds) still in vogue?

The mind boggles.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Overnight guests are frowned upon, but I couldn't say 'hand on heart' that nobody forgets to send their guest home!
Afaik, they do not have to sign in or out, but if they come in late, the guards at the gate house will note it and if they have had a rotten night report it, (freezing cold, wet, ripped a hole in their tights)! No bedchecks for officers!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
They will be allowed off base but alcohol is banned......
They'll both save a small fortune by living on base!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
They'll both save a small fortune by living on base!
May be! but might not be enough to cover their bar bills.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
May be! but might not be enough to cover their bar bills.

But if they aren't allowed alcohol at all (as I have been reading it is banned for the duration of training at least for Harry) they surely soft drinks won't be as expensive so they will save money and, who knows, might actually come to realise that you can have a good time without getting drunk all the time.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

You have to remember the entourage.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
You have to remember the entourage.
Of course! I was only thinking of William & Harry. It's no saving to them if they're mates are still guzzling the expensive alcoholic stuff.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Majesty

Frankly I wouldn't think they were actual 'mates' if they kept on drinking when they know that William and/or Harry can't. I am not suggesting that they totally abstain as well but they should cut right back to keep their 'friends' company. True friends do that I think.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Of course! I was only thinking of William & Harry. It's no saving to them if they're mates are still guzzling the expensive alcoholic stuff.
Most of the time, IMO, they will be with fellow trainees whilst on base and they are governed by the same rules. If they decided to have a tipple or three because it is Friday night and they are 'at home', they could come unstuck if they are then called in. So I think they will both stick to the rules to try to ensure they get the chance to pursue the careers they want!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

So are they essentially prohibited from drinking alcohol at all, whether they are on or off duty, even at weekends, in case they are called in? Is this just for tainees or are they doomed (or blessed, perhaps) to be alcohol-free as long as they are in these jobs?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Are these trainee pilots on-call 24/7 or rostered?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

They are normally working on rotation. William will I think, be on training exercises, before he is assigned to a base and crew. Many trainee pilots have been caught 'over the limit', a result of which means they cannot fly that day, so if it's lesson 33, how to land, they may have to wait that bit longer.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ahh, The Republican Rag squeaks!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

The Independent is hardly a rag. It was until its recent change of Editor-in-chief arguably the best newspaper in the UK and I would not describe it as actively Republican but rather indifferent to the Monarchy that it hardly covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Had you held this view of Chelsy for a while?
Well I have always quite liked her but the specific attributes I have listed in my previous message became apparent to me after she chose to further her education and have been confirmed by the recent events both in her personal and professional life.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Overall, it's quite a good article, I think -- and I can't help but notice that Miguel Head, who works in William and Harry's press office, is quoted on record in it, lending the whole thing a bit more credibility.

Here's the link: Kate Middleton: could the wait be over at last?
This article says absolutely nothing at all that hasn't been said 20 times over or that could not have been guessed by anyone on this forum.

Also Ella, since you don't live in the UK you might not know the recent turmoils that have happened within the Telegraph newspaper (wait a bit, Moderators, this isn't completely OT as you will see).
The majority of the veteran journalists who once made that newspaper reputation have been made redundant to save on funds and replaced by young, cheaper hacks (the author of the article you linked admits to be in her twenties, it's telling) who are rewarded according to how much hits their articles get.
Translation: The Telegraph is now a glorified tabloid. I think you should know that because since this paper was once prestigious, people might give more credibility to its articles than it deserves.

I expect more filler articles on the Royals as the recession is expected by expert to hit the UK worst than other European countries. I suppose their will be need to entertain the gloomy masses.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
The Independent is hardly a rag.
There once again, we will have to differ. As far as I can see it has left wing, liberal views and if not republican, it is anti monarchy. Private Eye is more my cup of tea.

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, paparazzi, prince harry, prince william, tabloid press