William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William owes Kate Middleton nothing, certainly not the Crown of England. It has been her choice to stay on and on and on. His choice to dump her in 2007 and on occasions since.
Most of the other Crown Princes and heirs have followed a similar pattern, Carl-Philip in Sweden, Felipe in Spain, Frederick in Denmark, William Alexander in Holland, even Phillipe in Belgium. That's life, that's the way courtships work, or don't work out.

The ending in 2007 was a mutual decision and that has been there only split, and what do you mean other CP's have made followed this?
Remember William isn't a CP. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been buying MAJESTY again after a hiatus of a couple of years, and I'm disappointed that their Letters to the Editor section is no longer there. I wonder why?

They sure have been together for a long time!

The ending in 2007 was a mutual decision and that has been there only split,and what do you mean other CP's have made followed this?
I think Taree is saying all those princes have been in long-term relationships that didn't work out in the end.

They said this last year. Yawn. These rumors are getting old.

I think Taree is saying all those princes have been in long-term relationships that didn't work out in the end.

Prince Haakon's longest relationship as far as I can find was with MM.
Prince Frederik dated Mary for 3 years, I cannot find how long he dated Katja for.
Prince Philippe's longest relationship was with Mathile.
Prince Felipe I cannot find any information about how long he previously dated Letizia for, or how long he dated Eva or Isabel for.
Prince WA was with Maxima for 2 years before marrying her, unsure about his other girlfriends.

William and Victoria hold the length for long relationship that stands at 8 years.

Agreed. They can't even write a story about William and Kate without arguing that an engagement is imminent.

These two are creatures of habit, going to the same places and doing the same things at the same time every year. I think the press just doesn't know what to do except recycle the old stories.

Wasn´t Freda Ward the Duke of Windsor´s mistress for something like 15 years when he was still Prince of Wales?

Freda Dudley Ward was mistress yes to King Edward when he was the Prince of Wales from 1918 to 1923 so five years. :)

Well that is something, at least Kate has beaten Freda´s record.

Kate is not a mistress of Williams.

And for the record, I believe Freda Dudley Ward was involved with the Prince of Wales from 1918 until 1934. She definitely was still seeing him when he became involved with both Thelma, Lady Furness and Mrs. Simpson.

:previous:
Really? I was only going by the dates I read in a book. Wiki also says 1918 to 1923, not the most reliable i realise. :)

I think the dates that wiki references is the time frame when they were exclusive somewhat. If that is even possible when one party is married to another. They were definitely seeing each other when he was started seeing Thelma. She mentions in her book (and several books about Edward) that Thelma and Freda were seeing him at the same time (i.e. the safari in Africa). I think Thelma encouraged Mrs. Simpson to watch him while she was in the States because she was fearful that Freda would regain control.

We are totally off topic but that was one of the reasons that the Establishment wasn't feeling Wallis after awhile. They didn't appreciate the way Edward totally discarded Freda after fifteen plus years of devotion.

Yes, I would hardly compare Kate to either of these ladies.

:previous:
Ahh yes, it was mentioned in the show Wallis & Edward. :)
I would never compare Kate to these woman, she is not a mistress and i highly doubt that William will discard her so easily.

Well, a mistress to me is woman beside the wife. As far as William isn't married, I wouldn't call her that either.

I thought we were talking about long relationships. Wallis and Edward were together about 7 years, but admittedly there were a few impediments to that relationship.

I think the major difference between Edward VIII's mistresses and Kate is that these women knew they would never become queen, or even marry the man, and none of them did,except for wallis and she never became a HRH. They came into the relationship knowing that it was to entertain and sleep with the royal man. Kate on the other hand has always had the hope of becoming his respectable on day, better sooner than later William!

Thank you Opal for clarifying that for me. Sorry that is what I meant to say.
For William and Kate it is six years at the end of 2009, not 8 years.

I did not suggest in my post that Kate was a mistress, I don't know where that came from.

What she is in face is a long term companion, at least so far.

Although judging by the very long article in the Sunday Telegraph an interview was was given apparently given setting out Prince William's plans for the next 3/4 years. Which means 2013. This involves very serious training for SAR and "he will have to keep his head down for this type of training."

ZONK your comments about Edward, Freda, Thelma reminded me of a little story. Thelma duly boarded the liner to New York. On board she met Prince Ali Khan. Their flirtation duly got back to Edward and there to comfort him was.....Wallis. How the fates move!! Sorry to be off-topic but I just remembered that little story.

I did not suggest in my post that Kate was a mistress, I don't know where that came from.

That came from a comment Wisteria made.
They met in 2001, and there have been many rumours that they have been dating since then.
It was official in 2005. :)

They have been saying it since at least 2005 so it is really getting old.

The reason I say 2005 is that when I woke on the morning that Charles and Camilla announced their engagement the news tracker on the TV News simply said 'Royal Engagement' and I assumed, based on the media speculation, that the report meant William and Kate and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Charles and Camilla.

Thank you Lumutqueen, and for clarifying the dates for me. So they've been official four years.

Thank you Lumutqueen, and for clarifying the dates for me. So they've been official four years.

Well official in the sense that the press found her.
A statement has never been released to say they are dating. :)

Well official in the sense that the press found her.
A statement has never been released to say they are dating. :)

I think it would be a bit silly for someone to issue a statement saying " Myself and ---- are currently in a relationship". Royals still have private lives as well.

They do? But you are correct in saying that William should have issued a statement. That is ludicrous, and silly imho.

^ Well they have the rights to privacy but since he is William, grandson of the queen and 2nd in line to the British throne, he doesn't get as much.

That came from a comment Wisteria made.
They met in 2001, and there have been many rumours that they have been dating since then.
It was official in 2005. :)

I wonder how we should be referring to Kate -

- getting too old to be 'girlfriend'

- what about 'significant other'

- OR 'better half'

- 'companion' isn't the correct term either

Suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom