William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I think you might be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree. Just like Felipe and Letizia if you ask me..

...sorry but I dont believe that there will be much substance to William, let alone Kate. For me he is one of the future heirs who is not up to scratch to the task that he has inherited, partly because of his past.
A few points that come to mind.

Firstly, most of us do not really know William, so it is difficult to tell whether he has substance or not. HM has agreed that it is right for William to pursue a career in the armed forces and keep a low public profile for now, and I guess that is dissappointing for some of us royal watchers. It is therefore, IMO, difficult to tell whether he will be "up to scratch to the task" he will inherit.

Secondly, William is yet to "inherit the task" - he is merely heir to the heir to the throne.

Thirdly, I am not sure Charles was deemed to have much "substance" when he was Williams age. That Charles is respected for his views on a number of issues is a result of hard work (and some good PR) by Charles over an extended period of time. For much of his late 30s and 40s he was criticised for being a bit of a loony.

Fourthly, only time will tell what impact Diana's relationship with the BRF and the press will have on William. He appears to be quite a balanced individual, so I would expect him to form a balanced view in time.

Several posts relating to William and Harry's military training and careers have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/duties-roles-and-royal-training-of-the-princes-9753-8.html .

In addition, posts relating to any potential title that Kate Middleton will have upon marrying Prince William have been moved here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...william-harry-wives-and-children-6755-33.html .

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Last edited:
None of us know William on a personal level, or know what is "right" for him. Only William can say who is right for him, and if he loves Kate and wants to spend his life with her, then that is the way it's going to be. No one thought Camilla was right for Prince Charles nor thought she should be Princess of Wales, which is why he didn't marry her years ago. Look at the disaster that became when he married Diana, who was considered to be worthy and "right" for him. Did he choose love over duty? Obviously not. However, he is now married to the love of his life, and she IS now The Princess of Wales. Times have changed, and Royals marrying commonors for love rather than duty is the rule rather than the exception.

I don't think William would carry on this relationship as long as he has unless he had serious intentions towards Kate considering his position. I think people are being rather harsh in judging Kate as being "unworthy" of William. She has conducted herself admirably, she hasn't created any scandels to hurt William or the Royal family, and she keeps a low profile. She is no Sarah Ferguson, which in my opinion is one of the worst choices of wives that married into the Royal family, and who continues to plague them with her continual embarassing behavior and need to stay in the spotlight. My apologies to anyone that likes her.

This is just my opinion, of course, and we are all entitled to those. :)

I completely and totally agree with you. Great post.

I think the more the years have rolled on the less likely now they will ever marry.
I believe William will marry but I have my doubts Kate will be his bride. I do think she has had a fantastic time with him but I doubt she will ever be his wife.

Just watch 2011 come and go again same old same old. Dare one feel sorry for Kate now. She could have done so much with her life.

I think the more the years have rolled on the less likely now they will ever marry.
I believe William will marry but I have my doubts Kate will be his bride. I do think she has had a fantastic time with him but I doubt she will ever be his wife.

I think the opposite, as the years go on and on, i think it is more likely that they will get married.

they have been together for too long, and IMHO, I think they will definitely marry. definitely. I don't like it , however:)

As far as is known they are still together even though they never seem to be seen together anymore?

I think if anything is amiss a royal mole will no doubt leak it to the Sun newspaper and then we will all know. But for now it seems they are living quietly below the radar ... no break-up ... but certainly no wedding on the horizon either.

I seriously doubt William will be ready to drop down on one knee whether it be 2011 or 2012.

Still, as I said previously Monaco will have a new Princess next year.

Charlene will become a Princess.
William's wife will only be a Duchess (is this correct)??

As far as is known they are still together even though they never seem to be seen together anymore?

I think if anything is amiss a royal mole will no doubt leak it to the Sun newspaper and then we will all know. But for now it seems they are living quietly below the radar ... no break-up ... but certainly no wedding on the horizon either.

I seriously doubt William will be ready to drop down on one knee whether it be 2011 or 2012.

If she marries William she will be HRH The Princess William and perhaps any title that William would be bestowed with upon his marriage.. lets say he becomes the Duke of Barkington. Then Kate would be HRH The Princess William, Duchess of Barkington. She'll definitely be a princess though.

I imagine that with William doing 24 hour shifts on duty they don't go out much. My hubby is volunteer fire/rescue and does medical transport as an EMT professionally and trust me, when he's not working, the last thing he wants to do is go out or drive somewhere. :D

Osipi I thought she would NOT get "THE" untill Charles becomes King as William is HRH Prince William of Wales not The Prince William??? THE is for a child of the monarch...

William's Wife will be HRH Princess William of Wales, even if she gets the sub/title of Duchess of X.. she will still be a Princess, of course Duchess of What is up to HM at this point ..Also Charlene will become Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco. in time William's Wife will become Her Royal Highness Queen Cathrine (of course QC). If at that time we are still speaking of Kate Middleton..(I belive we will)

Last edited:
Osipi I thought she would NOT get "THE" untill Charles becomes King as William is HRH Prince William of Wales not The Prince William??? THE is for a child of the monarch...

That's correct.
If William and Kate marry say, in six months, Kate would be HRH Princess William of Wales. If he gets a dukedom/earldom she would be HRH The Duchess/Countess of whatever. Once HM dies and Charles becomes King she would be HRH The Princess William, Duchess of Cornwall and Rothsday.

I think the opposite, as the years go on and on, i think it is more likely that they will get married.
I don't see any chemistry between them though. No big love goo-eyes or adoration. If they get married, they will get divorced eventually.

I don't see any chemistry between them though. No big love goo-eyes or adoration. If they get married, they will get divorced eventually.

And you can tell this by pictures?

I guess we shouldn't take into consideration that several well known couples looked at each other with adoration and still ended up divorced?

Hot Passion eventually cools down and while you still need it....there are other things that go into making a successful relationship....goo eyes and adoration alone aren't going to cut it.

Because I see the same thing going down all around me? Being with eachother just for the sake of being with someone is not a good motive.

And I wish I could tell, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

They are apparently living in Wales together so I doubt we'd see them out and about much, they are enjoying their privacy.
She'll be Princess William of Wales, Duchess of wherever.

You don't know these two people, you don't know how they are in public. The BRF are famous for not showing affection in public, like I said in this thread or another I have never seen a picture of them kissing or holding hands.
Doesn't mean their is no chemistry or love between the pair.
We'll see what the future brings, but you can't state something as fact "they will divorce eventually" when you can't tell the future.

Once again I learn something! The "The" is reserved then for children of the monarch only? What I was going by was that I've learned that while married, Diana was The Princess of Wales and after divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales meaning she was A princess of Wales at one time. Boy these titles sure can be comfuzzling sometimes... if I was an aristocrat it'd take me a lifetime how to learn not to make a faux pas on them. :whistling:

Once again I learn something! The "The" is reserved then for children of the monarch only? What I was going by was that I've learned that while married, Diana was The Princess of Wales and after divorce, she was Diana, Princess of Wales meaning she was A princess of Wales at one time. Boy these titles sure can be comfuzzling sometimes... if I was an aristocrat it'd take me a lifetime how to learn not to make a faux pas on them. :whistling:

Well Diana was, Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales. Sarah was Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of York and Sophie is Her Royal Highness, The Countess of Wessex.

I think if Kate marries William, she'll be Princess William, The Duchess of wherever. Then if William becomes Prince of Wales she will be The Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall so on. :)

What is meant is that Prince Charles is "The Prince Charles" while Prince William is "Prince William of Wales." This because only the children of the monarch have "The" before Prince(ss) of the UK. Of course the spouses of the Princes as well, since i.e. Camilla is also "The Princess Charles."

It has nothing to do with additional titles. i.e. The Duchess of York means she is married to The Duke of York, while Sarah, Duchess of York, means she is divorced from The Duke of York.

PR :flowers:

There is one excerption to that rule of only the children and spouses of sons of the monarch being HRH The ... and that is Prince Philip who is also The Prince Philip.

Well Diana was, Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales. Sarah was Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of York and Sophie is Her Royal Highness, The Countess of Wessex.

I think if Kate marries William, she'll be Princess William, The Duchess of wherever. Then if William becomes Prince of Wales she will be The Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall so on. :)

:ohmy: Now I'm getting it. As Charles is the son of the monarch.. Diana at one time was HRH THE.. hehe. Kate would get THE when William is a son of the monarch. Even if Charles never creates him Prince of Wales, it'd be THE Princess William. By Jeeves (who never tells me anything) I think I've got it.

There is one excerption to that rule of only the children and spouses of sons of the monarch being HRH The ... and that is Prince Philip who is also The Prince Philip.

Well.. if she's cabbage, he does then deserve to be good slice of corny beef.. they go together so well. its fitting he's The Prince Philip.

Now hopefully in time we'll see things emerge on the same lines with William and Kate. I wonder if Kate has borrowed tupperware from HM to keep the leftovers?

Time we get back on topic

I like dress #3. I bet William and Kate get a good laugh about all the wedding spectulations that's made about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom