William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to read the comment in the article that police presence at Balmoral has been stepped up because of William's presence..... suggesting that William is a bigger security risk that HM!

Or perhaps there is more police because there is now two rather important royals at Balmoral and not just one.

Woke up to this quote on my home page:

"Now that Prince William is pretty much married, we went on the hunt for other crush-worthy royals who could take his place in your royal-loving heart." :ROFLMAO:

Here is the whole article in case you're interested:
Hot Princes! - MSN Relationships - Slideshow

Well to be fair he is pretty much married IMO.

Or perhaps there is more police because there is now two rather important royals at Balmoral and not just one.

Well to be fair he is pretty much married IMO.

I agree, they live like a married couple all but that little piece of paper.

Yes, but without that little piece of paper, she's just being used. I say she's being used, because it is not an equal relationship. He can fool around all he wants, but if she fools around --- she's gone.

Yes, but without that little piece of paper, she's just being used. I say she's being used, because it is not an equal relationship. He can fool around all he wants, but if she fools around --- she's gone.

Excuse me?
How do you know that William is a, fooling around and b, Kate wouldn't chuck him for doing it?
A piece of paper wouldn't stop him "fooling around", after all he wouldn't want to be the first Prince of Wales without a mistress would he now ;)

I read somewhere, and I would have to go back and look but anyway, I read somewhere that because of his parnets realationship, William himself is very monogamous in relationships...so Lucky Kate..I think (IMO) Kate and William are right where they want to be in thier relationship and when they are ready for more they will get the little piece of paper. He could fool around with the paper as well if he really wanted too.;)

I doubt William would fool around. After seeing what his parents went through with their affairs it would be smart for him to stay monogamous. And he doesn't strike me a the "fooling around" type.

Believe me they are no where near marriage.
And I still maintain they do not live together.

Thats a pretty broad statement. How do you know that they are no where near marriage?

Have you had conversations with William and/or Kate? Are you privy to personal conversations that they have had regarding their relationship?

William is too young to marry. i know some people who say that.:) I like Kate, if she is the woman of his heart then we should welcome her. When the time is ripe!!

As the 2nd in line to the throne he is already way past marrying age. Elizabeth did her duty to the dynasty aged 21. Very few heirs and monarchs have such a devotion to the well being of their peoples. William is sadly failing. Getting on with the job of marrying should have been done 10 years ago.

William and Kate are at the right age to marry IMO. They've been together for a long time.

As the 2nd in line to the throne he is already way past marrying age. Elizabeth did her duty to the dynasty aged 21. Very few heirs and monarchs have such a devotion to the well being of their peoples. William is sadly failing. Getting on with the job of marrying should have been done 10 years ago.

Im sorry, 10 years ago William was 18 years old. Are you saying he should have married even younger then his mother? His father was 32 when he married. Most young royals today are waiting till they are older to marry. IMO William is just at the begining of the perfect marring age and he has a couple years to go before he needs to get on with job,:ermm: IMO he is not failing at all..

Its also important to note that Elizabeth, Charles and William are products of different generations and each generation had different ideas on what are "marriageable" ages.

I would rather William wait until he is 40 or 50 if he isn't ready. Of course, Kate might not wait with him but that's up to the both of them. There are enough people in the the Line of Succession that Harry, Beatrice of Eugenie can provide the next heir. It could be a situation similiar to the one in Japan (minus Aiko)....Naurito, his brother (can't remember his name)...and Hishiato. I totally killed the spelling of the names...but I hope you understand.

Elizabeth was lucky and fell in love at a young age so was able to marry young.

Charles also fell in love in his early 20s but other people told him she wasn't good enough and so waited until he was 32 and made the most dreadful mistake in marrying a totally unsuitable woman to be HIS wife.

Looking at the heirs to the other thrones they seem to be following Charles more than Elizabeth and marrying in their 30s rather than 20s. Even Victoria, a woman and therefore more in need of marrying young, is in her 30s. William could marry at 70 and still provide for the succession, being a man.

William doesn't actually have to marry, particularly now that the Queen has a great-grandchild on the way so their is an heir in the next generation if necessary.

If William can't marry for love then he shouldn't marry just to provide an heir. We saw how that worked out for his father.

Could be. Prince Albert, Queen Victoria's husband, had a father who "fooled around", but the son had a much higher moral code. :flowers: Same way with George V and Edward VIII. People found George V dull in comparison with his father, but he was more domesticated. I think that the BRF could use some boring domestication.

I doubt William would fool around. After seeing what his parents went through with their affairs it would be smart for him to stay monogamous. And he doesn't strike me a the "fooling around" type.

Last edited:
William is too young to marry. i know some people who say that.:) I like Kate, if she is the woman of his heart then we should welcome her. When the time is ripe!!

I don't think he's too young to marry Kate. They're just taking things slowly before committing to each other. Kate is IN IMO.

Sure I guess Prince William could wait until he's 50 years old to marry but I don't think Kate would still be waiting for him. Especially if she wants to have children. By that time, it will be too late for her.

^ He does have a brother, Harry, who could marry in 5- 15 years and have children. So if William does wait until he is 50 and Kate is still in the picture he has nothing to worry about. The family will continue through Harry and his children.

I honestly can't see that happening. The last King who didn't produce an heir was Edward VIII, and we know how that turned out. Unless a king/heir or his wife is actually infertile, they're expected to have children. If Kate is interested in having children, I can't see her continuing in this past her early 30s, unless they marry of course.

So if William does wait until he is 50 and Kate is still in the picture he has nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the hot princes slideshow. Thanks, Windsorgirl!

Im sorry, 10 years ago William was 18 years old.

You want him to have been married when he was 18? How ridiculous.
William can marry whenever he likes, produce and heir and so forth as long as he's happy.
The only problem I have with him marrying Kate.
Like IluvBertie said, Elizabeth fell in love at an early age. Times have changed and the 'love' for the monarchy is waining the heirs at the moment have/see no reason to rush into marriage when they can enjoy to high life.

As for heirs marrying across Europe.
Crown Prince Frederik - 35
Crown Prince Felipe - 36
Crown Prince W-A - 35
Crown Prince Haakon - 28
Crown Princess Victoria - 33
GD Guillaume - has yet too marry and he's 28
Crown Prince Phillipe - 39
Prince Albert (Monarch) - 53

When Queen Elizabeth was young, it was very common for couples to marry in their early 20's. Women generally had children in their 20's. This trend continues into the 1950's. I know when I was growing up, it was not uncommon for women to have several children while still in their 20's. Most of my classmates parents were very young compared to today.

aww the Queens first great grandchild! good to know that will's is going to be a godfather! but getting married on the eve of the olympics?

I wonder how the Daily Star know that the baby will be christened in March and Willian will be his godfather.
Only close family if/will be privy to that information.

Indeed they have, Lady Ann! I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for CH to give the word on anything in the immediate future... lol

Indeed they have, Lady Ann! I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for CH to give the word on anything in the immediate future... lol

Me either, I never hold my breath when it comes to William and Kate lol :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom