William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If an engagement between these two will be announced anytime...
I don´t think so. Not after this long time. But I think because of the different
opinions we have 101 pages now :whistling:

;)

Sorry to sound like a snob but Royalty should marry royalty. This would avoid all the misunderstandings and mistakes of marrying lower classes with less knowledge and background in how to behave in court circle. Marrying nobility is high risk (see case of Diana Spencer - but contrast the good example of Mathilde of Brabant). A commoner spouse can potentially be overwhelmed, subjugated and moulded into conformity (consider cases of Mary of Denmark, Laurentien Oranje-Nassau, Silvia Bernadotte - but contrast the case of Sarah Ferguson).

I don´t think so. The people should accept that times changed and give new people a chance. Maybe nobility has to change a little these times and not the commons to become worth to marry royality.

At other countries it works: Princess Mette-Marit or Princess Maxima for example. They´re doing a great job. But the courts and the people gave them a chance.

Imo Kate Middleton is not the right to marry William. I disbelieve that it´s really William who´s interesting for her. But...who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marige or not marige ...

Let's do a poll to know, what is the opinion of the board? If you believe in marriage or not these two?:D

After all these years of dating I think (If they love each other) that yes they should get married. The fact is that if William dumps Kate after all these years, he will look like a CAD ...not that I think it will make a diffrence because he is a royal and they do as they please and we himmm and haaa and nothing is said of it. But, poor Kate on the other hand will be a cast out.( a used up ex- of the hire to the hire) and no marriage she could get in time to come will compare. IMO

^Same thoughts here Lady Ann.But they don't even get anxious so why should we?:cool:

I read about the 2011 wedding, too William will be 29 I think they will pick the 29th of June or July you know to make that bling-bling Maybe we'll also see 29 songs written for the wedding, 29 bridesmaids, 29 Kings and Queens attending or 29 kisses in front of the cameras Should be fun And very romantic

I highly doubt they'd choose July 29th, as that was the anniversary of William's parents. With all the problems Charles and Diana had, you'd think it would be considered bad luck. Maybe June 29th instead? lol Nah. I don't know that they'll ever marry at this point. Something tells me when the Queen dies, the British monarchy will be darn near over.

^Same thoughts here Lady Ann.But they don't even get anxious so why should we?:cool:

Oh Im not anxious just answering the post above about who thinks they should get married ....Happy Posting.... Well not that I don't wish they would get on with it already..just saying

Something tells me when the Queen dies, the British monarchy will be darn near over.

I agree with you. Charles is unpopular and William doesn't seem to want to be King.

I agree with you. Charles is unpopular and William doesn't seem to want to be King.

I think Charles is more popular than we give him credit for.
I think when Charles does take the throne, we're going to see a very green UK. Charles is very passionate about what he believes in and although as monarch, he won't be having his fingers in the actual pies, I can see some very strong recommendations given to his government. I think also that he is going to emulate his mother and put duty first and be very serious about it.

William, on the other hand, has time to grow into his role as heir once Charles becomes monarch. The more I watch William as he gets involved in his patronages and doing royal duties, the more I think he is becoming comfortable with his destiny.

I don't think so. The monarchy in the UK is too much a part of the nation's fabric. Monarchies generally don't end without great national upheaval such as war and/or revolution.

Something tells me when the Queen dies, the British monarchy will be darn near over.

ITA, Mermaid ... it wouldn't surprise me if some of the Commonwealth realms abolish the monarchy after Elizabeth II, but I don't see the UK doing it. For one, they'd have to rethink a good part of their traditions and political system, and I'm not sure the majority of Brits would want that.

Barring major catastrophes, William will be king, and even if some people think they're dragging their feet, I'm still confident that Kate will be queen consort one day.

I think Charles is more popular than we give him credit for.
I think when Charles does take the throne, we're going to see a very green UK. Charles is very passionate about what he believes in and although as monarch, he won't be having his fingers in the actual pies, I can see some very strong recommendations given to his government. I think also that he is going to emulate his mother and put duty first and be very serious about it.

William, on the other hand, has time to grow into his role as heir once Charles becomes monarch. The more I watch William as he gets involved in his patronages and doing royal duties, the more I think he is becoming comfortable with his destiny.

Beautifully said about the two princes.:flowers:

I so agree with you, georgiea. Osipi said what I believe and she says it so well....

I hope that this relationship is going to give in marriage, and not only am I am a believer in it that I have contact every day (at least in London) all believe in this marriage, and the series greatest joy in recent times for all who is proud to be from england.

Sorry, I only took a semster of Spanish are they saying that Kate is involved with Guillermo? Who is that? This is getting more and more ridiculous. If they don't have anything substantial to say it looks like they are just making it up as they go along.

Every day it's something different. The latest seems to be that the couple are flirting with others. Or someone is trying to break them up. On the tabloid magazines headlines, it's usually Camilla who is stated as this person. At least a couple of times a month, this is one of the main headlines.

It is only when I hear from a royal spokesperson that they are engaged to be married will I believe it.

Sorry, I only took a semster of Spanish are they saying that Kate is involved with Guillermo? Who is that? This is getting more and more ridiculous. If they don't have anything substantial to say it looks like they are just making it up as they go along.

Guillermo = William in Spanish.

Hm... It's the second or third report that says they have apparently split, right? Well, let's see what happens. Btw, it has been quite a time since we've seen them together, no?

Thank you Dierna23!

I took one semester of college Spanish and I happened to pledge a sorority at the same time. So needless to say it wasn't a good semester :)

It has been a minute but the last time was when they were in that store if I recall correctly. But who knows.

Every day it's something different. The latest seems to be that the couple are flirting with others. Or someone is trying to break them up. On the tabloid magazines headlines, it's usually Camilla who is stated as this person. At least a couple of times a month, this is one of the main headlines.

It is only when I hear from a royal spokesperson that they are engaged to be married will I believe it.

Ok.. lets play the press and say the William is actually fooling around with Camilla while Charles off playing "I want to be king dammit!" Little do we know that Charles has taken unto himself a dark haired mystery mistress... she's been told about them.. and finally got the final OK.. Kate is Charles new mistress.

think NotW will hire me?

Last time they split the first story came from The Sun, then it kind of rippled before it was confirmed.
If they do split, I hope they split for a while and date some other people before/if they get back together.

You are correct...the last time they spilt it was reported in some of the tabloids and then confirmed. If that is the case, I hope people treat Kate better than they did in the past. A lot of unnecessary and nasty stuff was said about Kate and her family.

Last time they split the first story came from The Sun, then it kind of rippled before it was confirmed.
If they do split, I hope they split for a while and date some other people before/if they get back together.

Actually if this time its a real split... there'd be no going back.

Regardless of why the split would have happened, any reason right now would not only split the two but actually cause a rift that would never be mended. even if they reunited and married. The reason would still be there.

Headlines: Waity Katy tells Will to take nose dive.. She's done.
or "She's too much like my mother and smothers me!"

We don't know until they tell us

Thank you Dierna23!

I took one semester of college Spanish and I happened to pledge a sorority at the same time. So needless to say it wasn't a good semester :)

It has been a minute but the last time was when they were in that store if I recall correctly. But who knows.

You're welcome, Zonk. :)

Well, that's quite a while but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have split of course. I also think it would be a 'bigger' newspaper/tabloid that would report about it if it was true, but who knows.

However, I got the feeling that it would be better for them to make a clean sweep - either get engaged or call it a day. I mean, Kate is not getting any younger (not that she's "old" now, but still).
JMO of course.

You're welcome, Zonk. :)

Well, that's quite a while but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have split of course. I also think it would be a 'bigger' newspaper/tabloid that would report about it if it was true, but who knows.

However, I got the feeling that it would be better for them to make a clean sweep - either get engaged or call it a day. I mean, Kate is not getting any younger (not that she's "old" now, but still).
JMO of course.

OR can we see the press here trying to manipulate something into happening? CH and BP stands by the no complain. no explain rule.. The press on this issue is and will always be on the outside at their discretion.

On the cover of several tabloid magazines headlines over the past several months, Camilla is stated as being the person who wants to break them up, is trying to break them up or hopes that they break up. If you read this over and over again, some people start believing it. Many of these tabloid stories are false, taken out of context or something is read into a situation which is not what's going on.

Case in point. A country star's wife didn't make an appearance with him at a show. The next thing you know the tabloids and others are saying they are going a divorce and all kinds of other rumors. Turns out that the wife couldn't come to the show or was doing some other activity with family members and these rumors were false.

Actually if this time its a real split... there'd be no going back.

Regardless of why the split would have happened, any reason right now would not only split the two but actually cause a rift that would never be mended. even if they reunited and married. The reason would still be there.

Headlines: Waity Katy tells Will to take nose dive.. She's done.
or "She's too much like my mother and smothers me!"

That's possible, but whatever the reason was when they split in 2007 and the reconcilled after that. IMO if they split and got back together, without seeing anyone else I would just think that William is set with Kate and it'll end in marriage for "convenience". If they split, see other people, then get back together, in my eyes that means they need each other.

By the way "She's too much like my mother and smothers me" ???

Ok.. lets play the press and say the William is actually fooling around with Camilla while Charles off playing "I want to be king dammit!" Little do we know that Charles has taken unto himself a dark haired mystery mistress... she's been told about them.. and finally got the final OK.. Kate is Charles new mistress.

think NotW will hire me?

This made me spit out my coffee... lol..

Considering how many times they supposedly have broken up which would be a couple of times a day, once a week, etc if you believed all these stories, it would be amazing that they would still be a couple as constantly breaking up with each other would take a toll on the relationship. At some point one would call it quits.

Right now there isn't much going on, so you need some type of story which gets people's attention and the story of Kate and Prince William gets a lot of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom